Our New XUV500 W6 (Automatic): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #63
Hi All

The car is performing flawlessly...nothing much to report.. the Odo now reads 13K..
But just wanted to add that be careful regarding the Quality and Quantity of fuel.
I just switched from my 'trusted' petrol pump to a Company Owned Petrol Pump, and the FE has increased to 13 kmpl from earlier 11-11.5 kmpl.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #64
Hi All

Experienced the first Service Recall.

Got a call from the dealer stating the company wants to change some rubber part of the brake oil compartment and do the lubrication of all the door hinges. Not sure if it's only for the AT models..

Gave the car and also asked them to check for any possible reasons for the outside smell issue.
Got the car back in the evening.. no noticeable change.. but hope the outside smell issue is sorted once and for all...
The Odo now nears 15K..

So Far So Good!

Hi Redev,
One query here.... If I am not wrong then ban on registering engines greater than 2 lt in Delhi NCR has been lifted still Mahindra is not providing 2.2 lt cars here. Did you research while buying which one is better: 1.99 or 2.2 mhawk? Fact that AWD cant be integrated with 1.99 lt is making me to think that 1.99 is technologically complicated/limited in comparison to 2.2 lt. If there is a performance difference (in favor of 2.2) then I will buy XUV from any other district and then get it registered in NCR.

Thread Starter #66
Hi
I took the Test Drive of the 2.2L both Manual and Auto
The difference, for a sedate driver like me, between the 1.99 and 2.22Lt is negligible.
In normal driving scenarios, the 1.99L is good enough to put a smile on your face..

Not sure if the 4wd is available in 1.99Lt.
If not, then please see if a 4wd is a must for your driving conditions and style.. I drive 90% of the time in city and didn't really think of a 4wd..

Do check the rate difference though, as the tax on a 2Lt + vehicle is more .. so the same variant in 2.2Lt might be more expensive on road as compared to 1.99lt..

In a nutshell, unless 4wd is a must have... a 1.99Lt 2wd should serve your purpose...

Cheers!
Redev

Hi All

The car is performing flawlessly...nothing much to report.. the Odo now reads 13K..
But just wanted to add that be careful regarding the Quality and Quantity of fuel.
I just switched from my 'trusted' petrol pump to a Company Owned Petrol Pump, and the FE has increased to 13 kmpl from earlier 11-11.5 kmpl.

Cheers!
Try out Shell V-Power Diesel

Thread Starter #70
Any update sir...... I hope no update means everything is in peace with vehicle [:)]
[:)] Yes, No News is Good News!

Nothing much to report.. the car is doing its job diligently without any fuss.. nearing the 17K mark now.. The change in weather here has resulted in lesser stress on the AC which has directly helped the Fuel Economy... After switching to Turbo Diesel and to a Company Owned Petrol Pump have been getting a FE of 13Kmpl , with 60% city driving and the rest on the so call Delhi - Gurgaon 'Expressway' ..

Tried filling Nitrogen.. no noticeable change and think its more of a marketing gimmick..

So Far So Good!

Cheers!

Thread Starter #71
Hi All

Got the 3rd 'Free' service done yesterday with the Odo @ 19.6K.
Total dent to the pocket INR 8888/-.
No major issues with the car. Mahindra was running some discounts on the Internal Dry-cleaning and the infamous 'Teflon' coating (Maxicare).. got the same done at 50% off.. guess the car will look cleaner for few days!
Rest everything is fine.. was a bit surprised to know that Mahindra changes the engine oil every alternate service, that's a gap of 20K Kms.. which I think is quite long.
I might opt to get the Oil and filter change done on each of the services at an interval of 10K (not sure if it's an overkill)..
No change in the break pads.. dealer says they are good for more Kms..
No Apple Play upgrade yet (not sure if its useful with those useless Apple Maps).. Got a cheap Android phone to run the Android Auto and it's serving the purpose!

Cheers!
Redev

Last edited:
Free service with discounts on cleaning and no oil change, still they made a bill of rs. 9K [surprise]. It means regular paid service is not going to be easy on pocket.... Anyway, I agree with your thought of oil change at 10K km. It is not an overkill in Indian condition and NCR traffic. Wishes...

Free service with discounts on cleaning and no oil change, still they made a bill of rs. 9K [surprise]. It means regular paid service is not going to be easy on pocket....
It will be easy on pocket. I had an XUV of 2011 batch too and if there is no accidental or unusual wear, paid service cost used to revolve around 7-8 K at that time.

IMO, This is a decent amount for a vehicle cost 16L.

obviously, 7-8 k is fine for a 'PAID' service. But here Redev is reporting 9k for a 'FREE' service! May be he got some cosmetic/protective work done on the car along with the free service.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #75
Hi Guys

The service indeed was a "Free" service, but it included change of Oil/Filters/ AC Filters etc.. The dealer explained that each alternate service is a bit expensive due to the change of the consumables..

Now, after driving the car for 20 months, for ~20k Kms.. I can vouch that the car doesn't have any major niggles, no major surprises, and puts a smile on face on pressing the right most pedal!.. Hope it remains the same for years to come!

Cheers!

Top Bottom