Our New XUV500 W6 (Automatic): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Hi All

Took the car for a long drive covering 3 states + 1 UT of North India (Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh).

Total distance traveled ~1100 Kms in 5 days!
Overall FE - 13Kmpl, which includes around 350Kms of drive in the hills.

The car was full with 4 adults and 2 kids, and tonnes of luggage!

Problems faced... None.
Highlights..
- Excellent drive-ability on the highways.
- Automatic is a boon on hills.. no tiredness at all..
- Used Hill-Decent feature and found it quite useful at couple of very steep downhill slopes..

The only issue with the car till date is I can sometime smell the outside odor.
Not sure if any of the members have faced this issue ? Any solutions ?

Reported the same during the last service, though they changed the AC filters, but the problem still persists. Plan to take the car to the service center over the weekend.

BTW, enjoyed using Android Auto through wife's phone.. No connection issues at all if used with the Samsung phone charging cables..

Cheers!
Redev

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sometimes outdoor odor if strong enough can make its way into the car. This is quite common and nothing can be done about it.

Last edited:
The only issue with the car till date is I can sometime smell the outside odor.
Not sure if any of the members have faced this issue ? Any solutions ?
Cheers!
Do you sense that smell in re-circulation mode or fresh air mode? If in re-circulation mode, then it needs attention. There should be absolutely no odor.

I was going through manual though and it states that AC should be always kept in fresh air mode and re circulation mode should be switched on for minimum time.

Additional benefit of keeping in fresh air mode - 2 years ago when my Safari had caught fire and we got out of it safely because our AC was in fresh air mode. We felt the strong odor inside cabin (like something burning). We got out of car and opened the bonnet and suddenly due to raised supply of oxygen, fire was uncontrollable. Had it been on re-circulation mode, we couldn't have figured it out so quickly.

Thread Starter #49
Do you sense that smell in re-circulation mode or fresh air mode? If in re-circulation mode, then it needs attention. There should be absolutely no odor.

I was going through manual though and it states that AC should be always kept in fresh air mode and re circulation mode should be switched on for minimum time.

Additional benefit of keeping in fresh air mode - 2 years ago when my Safari had caught fire and we got out of it safely because our AC was in fresh air mode. We felt the strong odor inside cabin (like something burning). We got out of car and opened the bonnet and suddenly due to raised supply of oxygen, fire was uncontrollable. Had it been on re-circulation mode, we couldn't have figured it out so quickly.
The smell is in re-circulation mode, and it is kind of embarrassing if you are travelling with someone. I'll certainly take this up with the service center, and get it sorted.

Also, good to know that your family survived the fire incidence unharmed.. its a good lesson for all of us to keep our eyes, ears and other senses open and be alert while driving..

Cheers!

The problem here is how do we reproduce it and test it after resolution at service center?

May be you can pay some buckss to 3 wheelers diesel rickshaw to fart loudly on XUV's face. Later name this test as Smoke Test [lol]
pollution.jpg

Just joking but please keep us posted about it. I had this problem in Verito but was unable to reproduce it at service center.

Comp. + Amp + 2 DLS converters + Shallow Woofer + Wiring = 42K INR
Redev, do you need any extra power output from your battery? W10 has electric seat and it's wire and socket are easily view able under the main seat. Can we use and extend it for sub-woofer ?

Cheers
Atul

Thread Starter #52
Redev, do you need any extra power output from your battery? W10 has electric seat and it's wire and socket are easily view able under the main seat. Can we use and extend it for sub-woofer ?

Cheers
Atul
Hi
Yes you need an additional connection with the battery to power the sub-woofer.
Not sure if it is a good idea to play with the electricals dedicated for the electric seat.. I will certainly not recommend the same.
Take the car to any decent audio installer and he'll help you with the additional connection from the battery..

Cheers!

Thread Starter #53
Hi
Yes you need an additional connection with the battery to power the sub-woofer.
Not sure if it is a good idea to play with the electricals dedicated for the electric seat.. I will certainly not recommend the same.
Take the car to any decent audio installer and he'll help you with the additional connection from the battery..

Cheers!
A small typo correction..

Yes you need an additional connection with the battery to power the amplifier.

I am taking delivery of my W6 tomorrow and would really like to change to the seat covers.
Congratulations Amey. It's a good news. Finally you are presenting your birthday gift, though little late.

Eagerly waiting for more details. Which colour? MT or AT? Do post the pictures of your beast.

I am not sure how good is after market accessories shops in your area but Mahindra dealers provide accessories on very high price. Still if you are interested in Genuine Mahindra accessories, you may check m2all[dot]com site for genuine Mahindra accessories.

Congratulations Amey. It's a good news. Finally you are presenting your birthday gift, though little late.

Eagerly waiting for more details. Which colour? MT or AT? Do post the pictures of your beast.

I am not sure how good is after market accessories shops in your area but Mahindra dealers provide accessories on very high price. Still if you are interested in Genuine Mahindra accessories, you may check m2all[dot]com site for genuine Mahindra accessories.
Yes, Had booked the car during the birthday month but told them to push back delivery till July due to GST. However the pre GST offer from Mahindra was too tempting so taking delivery tomorrow. Got Total benefits of around 1,10,000.

Model - W6 Automatic
Color - Opulent Purple
Free Dealer Accessories: Reverse Camera, Front Fog lights with Chrome, Side Step, 3D Mats.

Yes, Had booked the car during the birthday month but told them to push back delivery till July due to GST. However the pre GST offer from Mahindra was too tempting so taking delivery tomorrow. Got Total benefits of around 1,10,000.

Model - W6 Automatic
Color - Opulent Purple
Free Dealer Accessories: Reverse Camera, Front Fog lights with Chrome, Side Step, 3D Mats.
Does the free accessories comes under discount / benefits of 1.1 lacs or are they on top of that?
How much was the cash discount on ex showroom?

Thread Starter #58
Redev, Could you please post the pictures of your seat covers? I am taking delivery of my W6 tomorrow and would really like to change to the seat covers.
Here's a pic of the seat cover. Hope it helps you to make up your mind.
And congratulations on the new car.. Drive Safe!

Would like to re-iterate that the seat covers not only add to the aesthetics, but are a must if you'll be driving with kids.. they are far more easier to maintain than the factory fitted ones..

Rest.. So Far So Good!

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom