Our New XUV500 W6 (Automatic): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
Hi Fellas

The car had its first tryst with the errant Delhi drivers today.. It got hit from behind when I was driving at 80Kmph...
Heard a loud Thud, and saw the driver talking on the cellphone in the rear-view mirror [anger]
On inspecting, saw some scratches on the bumper.. the mudflap gone.. but no major damage to the car.. Saw the other car parked down the road and was about to give my piece of mind to the driver.. but the guy literally fell on my knees pleading .. the other car, a swift.. suffered huge damage, the bumper, the headlight and the front right Tyre were gone.. There was a lady sitting at the back, shocked as hell.. the driver said he got a call on his phone and got distracted and thus changed his lane and hit my car from the back.. Left the place without saying much, as realized that it's by God's grace that we are all safe.. the Swift could've easily overturned..

Took the car to the Mahindra dealer.. and as expected got an exorbitant quote for repair.. Bought the Rear mud flap and said a Big Thank You to their offer... Got some paint rubbing done from outside, and the car looks cleaner... Still has paint peeled off from couple of places on the bumper.. will get some touching done..

Guys, Life is too Precious.. A Mobile Call can ruin it in a second..
Please Never Use Your Mobile while Driving..

Cheers!
Redev

Sorry to drop in late Redev and many congratulations on your XUV auto.i believe W6 with autobox is the best variant to choose for xuv and auto is surely a boon to drive around.Do share some recent images of your ride and keep updating your ownership.

Thread Starter #78
Hi All

Have been busy writing reviews on the new entrant in our garage Review Link that I forgot to update this thread..

Well, the XUV is doing its duty diligently without any fuss.. On highways, if driven carefully it can return astonishing fuel Economy numbers.. 15-18 kmpl .. and its second to none if you stretch her legs..
The car has done 25K Kms, so still 5K Kms left for the next service@ 30K..

So Far So Good!

Feel free to ask if there are any queries..??

Cheers!

Thread Starter #79
Hi All

As Rakhi festival fell on a weekend, took the family on an impromptu trip to the land of 5 rivers, Punjab.
But it seemed lot of brothers and sisters planned such trips!
The NH1 or the GT Road was full to the brim.. took 2 hrs just to cross the Delhi border!

Bought an ICICI Fastag .. and it certainly helped to avoid the queues at the Toll Plaza. Also, it made me realize how much money the NHAI is making as Toll Fee! It pinched to pay Toll for the unfinished roads.. but is there anyone listening ?

The drive on the way back was super smooth and fast..
It's a big challenge to remain within the speed limit of 90kmph on an XUV, when the car is eager to move to the top gear!
Got an overall FE of 15kmpl.. with 100% AC and the 5 Adults and luggage.. No complaints at all.

The car is nearing its 30K service.. as a pro-active step, will get the brake pads and wiper blades changed along with the normal stuff.. One of the Horns has started behaving abruptly.. will try to get the wiring checked..

So Far So Good!

Cheers!

Thread Starter #80
Hi All

It's been a while since I updated this thread.
Got the 30K service done couple of weeks back.. Total cost 20K INR.. Got the brake pads changed and the engine oil changed as well.
Though the service manual recommends an engine oil change every 20K Kms, but I feel that is too long a period to change the engine oil..

The car in itself is running fine, no major niggles.. had couple of highway trips of ~700Kms each.. and the car returned more smiles than worries.. the overall FE being around 15kmpl..
With the temperatures going down here in Delhi, lesser stress on the AC, the FE in general has improved by 15-20%.

Still hoping Mahindra will introduce Apple Carplay on the XUV500..

So Far So Good..

Cheers!

Top Bottom