Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
There is a very small Rectangular metallic chip. Like a piece of Magnet.
Videos available on Youtube to change key body show this.

Thread Starter #468
I was unable to find the metallic strip from my old key body, looks like I lost it somewhere, can local keymakers do the programmng of the key, the ones who make keys for audis and bmws?

no real running for the Optimus because of lockdown, still stuck at 92700 kms now, have the below list of issues that need to be fixed:

1. Broken rear bumper
2. Suspension check, feels like a boat nowadays, looks like the Leh drive took its toll on the suspension
3. Music system screen hangs while startup so need to get that changed, costs around 10k. not a priority as it becomes normal as soon as we operate even one thing on the music system
4. Navigation file corrupted so need to get a software flash. not a priority.
5. Brake light bulb fused for the driver's side.
6. May have to change the tyres sometime next year. thinking of either yoko geos or mrf wanderer at.

Apart from the above everything else is A ok. and doesnt feel that the car has comlpeted more than 7 years and closing 1 lakh kms.

It badly needs a detailing job.

Thinking of taking the car to a renowned aftermarket mechanic for the suspension work instead of the svc.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #469
Hello All,

I finally got the suspension verhalled for the Optimus, It had lost almost all of it s dampening after the Ladakh ride. Got it down at a 3rd party garage.
The things thy changed are below:

1. Front shock absorbers: 2*7851
2. Rear shpck absorbers: 2* 5900
3.Front link rods: 2*750
4. Fron bush kit: 2*711

Labour plus alignment costed me a total of 34778.

Same work at the svc would have costed close to 55000-60000. The difference is suppliers like gabriel have a different pricing for boxes which says Mahindra spares even though it is the same material inside.

Optimus feels much more planted now coming out of the bumps.

Time to change the tyres now and to get the rear bumper fixed. In due time though.

Capture.JPG

IMG-20200810-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200810-WA0004.jpg

Regards,
Kinshuk

Last edited:
Thread Starter #471
Very good! Now you have increased the life of your XUV.Now cross 1 lakh kms mark !!
This must be the biggest expense since purchase of new XUV. And it's totally worth it.
It would have already crossed the 1 lakh mark, if the chinese hadnt started the WW3.

Till now it is the biggest expense on a single part apart from fuel. :P

However, the biggest would be tyre change. I am planning for yoko geolanders which cost around 12500 each.

Hoping this change will see another 1 lakh kilometers before it is needed.

Thread Starter #472
Now the music system has started acting up. I lost the navigation during my leh trip and it hasnt been the same.

The touchscreen hangs at the start and doesnt go beyond the red background, till the time I change something manually like source or volume. Today the radio started but the screen was totally blank, looked to me that it didnt even start. the issue went away after I remvoed the key and restarted couple of minutes later.

Has anybody else faced anything similar and what as done to rectify it?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Press the mute button and the>> button simultaneously for few seconds. A menu will open. You can go ahead from there, like in phones.

Thread Starter #476
Press the mute button and the>> button simultaneously for few seconds. A menu will open. You can go ahead from there, like in phones.
I tried with the reset factory reset settings but didnt work. Also tried the above method but for my car it just gives the hardware and software data and versions.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Has anybody else faced anything similar and what as done to rectify it?
This is the Achilles heel in XUV. Mine got replaced 4 times and still has the usual Resetting/ Hanging issue.
Just follow the regular courtesy start to extend its life. Crank the engine BEFORE you start the Infotainment. And Turn it off BEFORE you shut down the engine.

Thread Starter #480
This is the Achilles heel in XUV. Mine got replaced 4 times and still has the usual Resetting/ Hanging issue.
Just follow the regular courtesy start to extend its life. Crank the engine BEFORE you start the Infotainment. And Turn it off BEFORE you shut down the engine.
it will be tough to relearn the start and stop process after 7.5 years but will try to extend the life of the system.

another achilles heel is the 2nd row ac

Top Bottom