Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #451
I am reading very frequently about tourists being kissed by army stallions, On varied forums.

Looks like a trap. XUV suspension is very robust. Mine is working fine even at 1L kms. Just changed some rubber bushings that costed 1100+ Labour.
Have your shocks leaked?
No leaks. Even I dont feel any issue in the suspension. looks like I will have to search for another svc here in Pune.

Thread Starter #453
Have you been visiting Silver jublee?
No, earlier it was kundan motors which got shut down, now went to Unnati motors.

The accident with the truck was my fault and over confidence in hind sight. the truck was hanging peacefully along with its trailer and tank over the valley. I tried to squeeze in between the truck and the mound of boulders on other side.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Yes it's a rally suspension. They said that in the advert. I haven't any reason to doubt them, as I have jumped numerous speed breakers, with no issues. A couple of times over bridge,all four wheels in air phenomenon, has happened too, at speeds of 90 thereabouts,as I couldn't judge the sudden dip in road. After crashing down hard it went on to run normally.

Thread Starter #455
Yes it's a rally suspension. They said that in the advert. I haven't any reason to doubt them, as I have jumped numerous speed breakers, with no issues. A couple of times over bridge,all four wheels in air phenomenon, has happened too, at speeds of 90 thereabouts,as I couldn't judge the sudden dip in road. After crashing down hard it went on to run normally.
nice... I am just worried because the latest drive to Ladakh had made my car into a boat on rough seas more often then not. anyways will see if I can get some trust worthy mechanic to have a look at it.

Thread Starter #456
Got the vehicle back after the service. I still dont find it necessary to get the front suspension replaced.
Here is the breakup of the bill:
1. Front RHS power window motor = 2k.
2. Rear wiper arm assembly = 500INR
3. Oil Filter = 169 INR
4. Fuel Filter = 1351
5. Air Filter = 805
6. AC Filter = 2*495
7. Engine Coolant = 8*233
8. Engine Oil = 6*283
9. Labor Cost for 80k service = 4340.

Total bill for 18k INR. rest of them was minor things and consumables and taxes etc.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #457
Optimus covered the 1100km distance between Pune and Kota with ease and not an issue. We took the Pune-Mumbai-Vadodra-Godhra-Modasa-Shamlaji-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kota.

However after reaching home I discovered a new issue, the remote key stopped working, later on observed it was happening only one specific location, looks like there is some interference coming due to the nearby electric wires as there are a lot of them at that place. everywhere else the remote works fine.

Thread Starter #458
Back from Kota, a distance of around 1000kms.

Need to change the tyres now. Pls send in your suggestions. I have shortlisted the below:

1. Continental Xface
2. Yoko Geolanders
3. Falken ATs
4. Maxxis Bravo.

Looking only for AT tyres this time.

I also noticed that my spare tyre has been unused, the stupid SVC guys didnt do 5 tyre rotation and did just 4 tyre rotation, I have no idea since how long it has been unused it looks pretty new, so I am guessing they did 5 tyre rotation once or twice. but now the issue is what do I do with it? is it good as a spare tyre for the time being? manufactured in 2012 september I think, run only 10000-20000km, I am assuming.

Yokohama Geolandar A/T is the best option for XUV500. It has greater durability and longer life but also it gives low noise, great braking performance on rainy roads and is compatible on snow roads. It it not recommendable to drive with the spare tyre as it is 7 years old in terms of technical specification but it is ok to use as a spare tyre so you need to purchase four tyres only.

Thread Starter #460
Optimus completed 90k kms this month. Nothing report except that the vehicle feels like it needs suspension work, I think the Ladakh trip took its toll. it also needs a new bumper, just waiting for my insurance to renew and then will get them done.

Another thing I noticed today was that I am unable to start the vehicle with the 2nd key, I can open the vehicle without any alarms but as soon as I put it in the engine check light comes up and the vehicle doesnt start, but it works fine with the 1st key. any solutions coming in mind for the same? have you guys noticed the same thing? please check in your cars and let me know.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Nairrk

Honoured Member
May be, your car key has security and the duplicate does not have that is why it can only open the door but not start it.

Also check if the battery inside the key is still working or dead, if your spare key comes with a battery supported key.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I can open the vehicle without any alarms but as soon as I put it in the engine check light comes up and the vehicle doesnt start, but it works fine with the 1st key. any solutions coming in mind for the same?
If the keyfob battery is fine, there is a chance that magnetic chip inside the key has become dislodged from its place.

Top Bottom