Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #445
The battery gave trouble a couple of times during the trip and again after returning back. So I got it charged, now the battery dealer has informed me that 1 of the cells of the battery is no longer functioning. the battery however was able to start the car.

Should I change the battery? if, yes Amaron or Exide?

Thread Starter #447
Got the battery changed to Amaron, costed 6300Rs with 24 months full replacement warranty and another 18 on pro rata.

Taking the Optimus for a servicing tomorrow, have completed 85000kms now. Also need to get the rear bumper replaced as Optimus got into a fight with a military truck and trailer combo carrying a full sized tank on the TangLang La road. will update on the cost of the bumper and the colouring after that.

I also need to get the driver's side window motor replaced, rear wiper replacement, navigation has stopped working and AC air flow gets jumbled up after putting the AC in defrost mode.

Anything else that I need to get changed?

regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #449
not getting the bumper replaced as of now, the body shop person gave me a quote of 30k and 10-15 days for the repair, have to take Optimus on another long dirve next weekend so will think after coming back if it is advisable to get it done with insurance or at a localbody shop.

the svc person called me up yesterday that the entire front suspension neds repacemenandwill cost around 60k, not getting that done unless I get couple of more opinions. he also didnt feel any issue in the test drive, but gave a call couple of hours later.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am reading very frequently about tourists being kissed by army stallions, On varied forums.
svc person called me up yesterday that the entire front suspension neds repacemenandwill cost around 60k
Looks like a trap. XUV suspension is very robust. Mine is working fine even at 1L kms. Just changed some rubber bushings that costed 1100+ Labour.
Have your shocks leaked?

Top Bottom