Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
that is why it's specifically important to find 4300k color led bulbs from the sea of usual bluish-white 6000k.Led on aliexpress.

any premium bulbs like NB or Philips one's will have very short life. like a few months. xuv comes with such bulbs from Factory(atleast for me it did)

Thread Starter #392
i think mine came with regular bulbs not with something like nightbreaker.

finding 4300k is tough among 6000k bulbs.

do you have any links?

Thread Starter #393
Can anybody confirm the bulb type that is used in the high beams? I was under the impression it is H7, but found a manual online which says it is H15.

So, I am confused now.

bhvm

Honoured Member
i think mine came with regular bulbs not with something like nightbreaker.

finding 4300k is tough among 6000k bulbs.

do you have any links?
There are 2 variants-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hlx...38bf-4e14-9e1e-2c6088eb8cce&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hlx...38bf-4e14-9e1e-2c6088eb8cce&priceBeautifyAB=0

Can anybody confirm the bulb type that is used in the high beams? I was under the impression it is H7, but found a manual online which says it is H15.

So, I am confused now.
Manual has a false entry.
Both High and low bulbs are h7. Fogs are H8.
Even I was confused back then.

Thread Starter #395

bhvm

Honoured Member
thanks man.

I had also short listed the first ones. have you used them?
No. But they look good atleast from Specs and quality of construct. Please note that driver is external so a small tear in Dust cap maybe required.

I am happy with HID for now. Do report back if you order these. I could get them for high beams.

Thread Starter #397
I dont have an issue with a tear in the dust cap but the prblem is replacing the bulb. Mahindra hasnt given any place.

For now I am thinking of replacing it with the replacement bulbs that Mahindra gave with the vehicle, will order after sometime. and get them changed when I am getting the aux lamps.

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. yes. it takes almost an hour to replace bulbs. on one side you have to remove the Battery. on other side, remove coolant tank, windshield washer pipe, hood restraint clip etc.

the story isn't very different with my i10 where entire headlights have to be taken out. very cramped engine bays. oh how I Miss those old days with Old Safari /Scorpio where bulbs and connectors were simply visible. bulb swap was 5 min job.

2. I was fed up with bulbs blowing. one of the primary reasons for going to HID.

3..don't you already have auxiliary lights?

Thread Starter #399
1. yes. it takes almost an hour to replace bulbs. on one side you have to remove the Battery. on other side, remove coolant tank, windshield washer pipe, hood restraint clip etc.

the story isn't very different with my i10 where entire headlights have to be taken out. very cramped engine bays. oh how I Miss those old days with Old Safari /Scorpio where bulbs and connectors were simply visible. bulb swap was 5 min job.

2. I was fed up with bulbs blowing. one of the primary reasons for going to HID.

3..don't you already have auxiliary lights?
I had aux lamps. Hella Rallye 700FF, one day tried to start the car didnt realise it was in gear and the car moved forward busting up the aux lamps.

now planning for the Hella Rallye 3003.

Thread Starter #400
hey guys,

Optimus is giving some black smoke at around 4500rpm as said by mechanic. is it something I should worry about? The service is due next month. Should I ask them to specifically check it out or let them do their job?

@ IR sir: did you ever take your xuv to any other service center apart from the Mahindra ones in Pune?

I am not sure if anyone apart from IR and me get the xuv serviced in Pune.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Hey Kinshuk - How much is the running of your XUV ?
Btw i always serviced in person at Silver Jubilee - behind Magarpatta. I can get you attention there if you need.

But what are you doing at 4500rpm in a turbo diesel ?:tongue:

A few things to be checked first things first - Air Filter Quality, MAF Sensor, EGR clean up

Thread Starter #402
hey,

running few hundred kms shy of 70k.
had some.battery trouble as I forgot the aux lamps on. so had called someone for jump start they took a test drive then told me aboit black smoke at 4500rpm. my normally runs I never exceed 2500.

so just wanted to see if I should get it checked or not.

Magarpatta will be too far off for me. I stay in chinchwad.

Kinshuk

Great review Kinshuk

Great write up as well. I, unconsciously, have been in with XUV 500, all these years, even though I keep brainwashing myself that Innova is better.

To be very frank, the look and the sexiness of XUV can't be availed in an Innova, though Innova is a great MPV for Indian Highways, XUV 500 is a queen amoung XUV's..

Treat her with love and she'd love you back.

Are you still getting the same 18 kpl highway non AC, 17 kpl highway AC, 14 kpl city, kind of mileage?

Thread Starter #404
Hello Kumar,

havent checked the city mileage in a long time as 95% of my city dirves happen with the nano. but yeah the highway mileage stays the same at around 17-18kmpl even after 70k km.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Top Bottom