Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Say Hello to Optimus: A Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD

Congrats brother on your XUV in Red.

Nice review and update there.

Kudos to Mahindra for developing this vehicle.
[clap]
Enjoy revving this wonderful vehicle and do drive safe.
One question mate,
What is the service schedule/intervals for XUV ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32

Congrats brother on your XUV in Red.

Nice review and update there.

[clap]
Enjoy revving this wonderful vehicle and do drive safe.
One question mate,
What is the service schedule/intervals for XUV ?
Thank You Manojdungat.

First service at 5000km, second at 10000km and third at 20000km. No time restrictions.
3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Congrats for your new beast. [;)]
Its really nice to see how mahindra hand over the key in that nice padded box.

As you pointed out about the feel from the brakes, even I felt the same when I took a TD.
Thank You Aviral.

That is the spare key. the main key was handed over normally.

Last edited:

Hi Kinshuk

Congrats and that is wonderful write up and review of your XUV

I am amazed to see the range and price points of vehicles that you had in consideration..

Right from Hatches, Sedans, Small SUVs, Large SUVs - Wow

By the way - The quanto is really VFM if you ask me at 8.5 lacs on road for the top end.

As somebody calls it the SUV for people on a Budget [;)]

Thread Starter #34

Hi Kinshuk

Congrats and that is wonderful write up and review of your XUV

I am amazed to see the range and price points of vehicles that you had in consideration..

Right from Hatches, Sedans, Small SUVs, Large SUVs - Wow

By the way - The quanto is really VFM if you ask me at 8.5 lacs on road for the top end.

As somebody calls it the SUV for people on a Budget [;)]
Thank You Ankx.

Initially I was planning to buy a big bike. so at that time had a look at the hatchbacks and sedans and then later moved on to full sized SUV.

Quanto is definitely VFM but the body roll was kind of a deal breaker for me.

Kinshuk.arya

Sorry iam late , but a hearty congrats buddy . Loved the very first picture you posted . Moreover the xuv suits you and your wife perfectly , looks as if it was made for you both .

Drive safe and enjoy the xuv to the fullest .

@Kinshuk

I am really glad to note that you are very happy with your ride so far, but be prepared for some kind of well known niggles of XUV[:)]

All the good luck to you and have a niggle free ride

@Kinshuk

I am really glad to note that you are very happy with your ride so far, but be prepared for some kind of well known niggles of XUV[:)]

@ Gurralla

Not every owner is facing niggles , and this is a ownership report of a new car from new member of our forum .
There is absolutely no need to talk about niggles here and spoil a wonderful ownership thread and make the owner of a brand new car nervous for no reason

Its better we strictly discuss certain things on certain dedicated threads , and not on ownership threads of members .

@kinshuk. arya

Simply enjoy the vehicle to the fullest . You seem to be getting great FE , can you kindly share at what speeds are you changing gears ?

Last edited:

@I am really sorry Raja, as read so many things every where about XUV, so I am little backed down with those things. I am sorry Kinshuk, accept my sincere apoligies and wish you more n more happy miles with your Red beast

Thread Starter #39

@Kinshuk

@ Gurralla

Not every owner is facing niggles , and this is a ownership report of a new car from new member of our forum .
There is absolutely no need to talk about niggles here and spoil a wonderful ownership thread and make the owner of a brand new car nervous for no reason

Its better we strictly discuss certain things on certain dedicated threads , and not on ownership threads of members .

@kinshuk. arya

Simply enjoy the vehicle to the fullest . You seem to be getting great FE , can you kindly share at what speeds are you changing gears ?
@I am really sorry Raja, as read so many things every where about XUV, so I am little backed down with those things. I am sorry Kinshuk, accept my sincere apoligies and wish you more n more happy miles with your Red beast
Chillax guys..

I already have a list of the majority of the issues and niggles faced by many owners of the xuvs. and majority of them wont even trouble me.

I bought this vehicle for the following things:

1. Exterior looks
2. engine and power (on which I have confirmation from people who have worked on the 2.6 Crde that the engine life is close to 15 years under normal usage and proper servicing)
3. safety features

as long as these things are working fine I dont have anything to be worried about.

but as Raja said not everyone is facing those issues.

On the other hand I keep a close eye on each and every aspect of the vehicle I take it out and it gets a mandatory inspection every sunday morning for any leakages, excessive brake dust, and other things. its better to be informed than to be stranded on a highway.

Have made a small list of things I want my RM to look through whenever I take it to SVC which insludes:

1. Slight sound from the passenger front window while rolling up
2. had another whistling sound at 80kmph but that turned out to be from the RVMs.
3. first gear slightly hard when downshifting but this is again a relative thing and it is still easier than the gearshifts of the safari I td'd so not much of a problem here.

nothing apart from these. and since they are not anything major i dont let them get in the way.

The only thing I am worried about is keeping the vehicle scratch free and free from the elements. which wont happen anyways.

So to summarize, I am way too happy right now whenever I drive it (because of the powers, the looks I get and other things) to get these small things in the way of it.

1. Slight sound from the passenger front window while rolling up
2. had another whistling sound at 80kmph but that turned out to be from the RVMs.
3. first gear slightly hard when downshifting but this is again a relative thing and it is still easier than the gearshifts of the safari I td'd so not much of a problem here.
This are no issues , after some odd Kms the gear shifts will become smoother .
nothing apart from these. and since they are not anything major i dont let them get inthe way.
Exactly , don't even think of it just tame the beast and enjoy .

The only thing I am worried about is keeping the vehicle scratch free and free from the elements. which wont happen anyways.
Well good luck on this , no guarantee about this though [;)]
So to summarize, I am way too happy right now whenever I drive it (because of the powers, the looks I get and other things) to get these small things in the way of it.
This is what matters the most .

Thread Starter #41

This are no issues , after some odd Kms the gear shifts will become smoother .

Exactly , don't even think of it just tame the beast and enjoy .

Well good luck on this , no guarantee about this though [;)]

This is what matters the most .
Right now I am just getting used to the beast forget about taming it... cant even imagine taming it for the next couple of thousand kms...

Right now I am just getting used to the beast forget about taming it... cant even imagine taming it for the next couple of thousand kms...
Taming means not getting carried away with the acceleration the xuv gives ( its easy to get carried away because of the acceleration it provides ) , since yours is a new car do a proper run in and later unleash the power .

But you are getting quite a good FE , and what speeds you change gears .?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43

Taming means not getting carried away with the acceleration the xuv gives ( its easy to get carried away because of the acceleration it provides ) , since yours is a new car do a proper run in and later unleash the power .

But you are getting quite a good FE , and what speeds you change gears .?
Got it....

Currently my gear shift pattern in as follows:

1st to 2nd : around 1400rpm
2nd to 3rd: 1600 rpm
3rd to 4th : 1800 rpm
4th to 5th: 2000 rpm
5th to 6th: 2000 rpm

these figures are not accurate only approximate as my major gearshifting happens with the gut feel [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom