Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

The touch up will have to be done at a 3rd party vendor.

no one can drain the engine oil completely and the new one turning black is fine I think.
May be, but my Petrol SWIFT Oil remain same in color after 100kms too. So was checking with all other options for it.

Is your Swift petrol or Diesel? Diesel units turn the oil black a lot quicker.
It's Petrol, but related to Engine Oil I am sure there would not be direct contact in both of them. My Swift runs almost 80k+ but still it's oil seem good even after 100kms after refueling it.

I think, in my next Swift service, I will ask my service engineer in more detail for same.

Thread Starter #364
It's Petrol, but related to Engine Oil I am sure there would not be direct contact in both of them. My Swift runs almost 80k+ but still it's oil seem good even after 100kms after refueling it.

I think, in my next Swift service, I will ask my service engineer in more detail for same.
Let us also know what the service manager says. My understanding was that the engine oil turns black as soon as the engine turns the first time and it happens quicker in Diesel engines than Petrol ones.

Let us also know what the service manager says. My understanding was that the engine oil turns black as soon as the engine turns the first time and it happens quicker in Diesel engines than Petrol ones.
Checked online and found below article.

If you want to change your diesel oil on your own, the process is exactly like that of a gas powered vehicle. You will need a wrench to remove the drain plug, an oil filter wrench, a new oil filter, an oil pan big enough for the old oil and enough diesel oil to replace it. Warm up the rig for a few minutes to loosen the oil, shut it off, and remove the drain plug. After the oil has completely drained, remove the oil filter and its gasket, replace it with the new one, put the drain plug back in place, and fill the engine with the right amount of diesel oil. If the engine is not brand new, you can use synthetic oil for an even longer interval. [ Source : Basics of a Diesel Oil Change - CarsDirect ]

In my last XUV servicing I asked them, they told me they just drained it till end and refill it immediate.

Thread Starter #367
Hi Kinshuk, there has been no update from you for sometime now. Hope the Optimus has been doing its job. Do update on it.
Hey,

Yes Optimus is doing great. No issues at all.
Not much running now a days as have gotten an automatic Nano for small time uses. Optimus is closing in on 60000kms now. I am also going abroad for a couple of month on work related assignments so during that time only the engine will be started and a small drive will be done by relatives, mostly there is a chance of some upgrades once I return.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #370
Hello All,

Apologies for the delay in updates.
As of now there is nothing to update. Optimus is running whole and hearty, no issues at all.

Currently I am out of India so only wife starts the engine weekly for 5-10 mintues to prevent the battery from dying.

Will be back in December.

Will update as soon as I get something.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #371
Hello All,

I recently came to know that my XUV is not starting because of battery troubles, I asked my family to get it jump started from the lcoal mechanic but even that is not helping. Mostly it is a battery issue.

I am still out of india for the next 6 weeks, so after reaching will check it out.

I would like to know which option to go for?
Should I try and get it checked from the local mechanic?
Should I call the RSA service and based on their feedback charge the battery or buy a new one?
Should I remove the battery myself and take it to the battery dealer to check if it is getting charged or not?

In case I have to buy a new battery, any options on the battery and the price?

regards,
Kinshuk

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello All,

I recently came to know that my XUV is not starting because of battery troubles, I asked my family to get it jump started from the lcoal mechanic but even that is not helping. Mostly it is a battery issue.

I am still out of india for the next 6 weeks, so after reaching will check it out.

I would like to know which option to go for?
Should I try and get it checked from the local mechanic?
Should I call the RSA service and based on their feedback charge the battery or buy a new one?
Should I remove the battery myself and take it to the battery dealer to check if it is getting charged or not?

In case I have to buy a new battery, any options on the battery and the price?

regards,
Kinshuk
Since the battery has been sitting for months it would have been severely sulphated and is beyond repair. Do not spend money trying to charge or rectify it. It will fail again in a few weeks as Plates become hard. Get a new battery after coming to India.

Also, simply starting the car does not dump enough charge in the battery (it could put in a slow charge, but not much). That used to happen in older simpler vehicles. But modern vehicles mostly charge the battery when the vehicle is coasting to optimize FE.

A small solar or Mains based battery tender and desulphator is a good investment if you are repeatedly out of India. Or you could parallel the battery into your inverter systems if you are tech savvy.

Thread Starter #373
Since the battery has been sitting for months it would have been severely sulphated and is beyond repair. Do not spend money trying to charge or rectify it. It will fail again in a few weeks as Plates become hard. Get a new battery after coming to India.

Also, simply starting the car does not dump enough charge in the battery (it could put in a slow charge, but not much). That used to happen in older simpler vehicles. But modern vehicles mostly charge the battery when the vehicle is coasting to optimize FE.

A small solar or Mains based battery tender and desulphator is a good investment if you are repeatedly out of India. Or you could parallel the battery into your inverter systems if you are tech savvy.
thanks man [clap], will buy a new one then. any idea on options and their prices?
this is the first time I am out of india and I dont see it happening anytime in the near future, so dont think will buy a battery tender or will put it parallel to the inverter.

thanks man [clap], will buy a new one then. any idea on options and their prices?
this is the first time I am out of india and I dont see it happening anytime in the near future, so dont think will buy a battery tender or will put it parallel to the inverter.
Last week I changed my Swift battery in Magarpatta. Company fitted was AMARON and it was working well. So I choose AMARAON again with 4 years warranty @ 3600/- with replacement of old one.

Top Bottom