Opinion About JBL Bass Tube?

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I need a quick help. I have ordered for my ICE set up except for the subwoofer because am still confused about the basstube.

I have almost planned to buy JBL GT X1250T 1250 Watts basstube. But I would like to get experts advice befor going for it. it costs Rs 6400 here in chennai. JBL 1150 Watts sub +Enclosure costs RS 5000.

I am not much worried about the price or boot space. but i would like to get an advice on the sound effect. Do u recommend going for 1250 W basstube or 1150W sub + enclosure?

A sub is any day better that a bass tube. Subs kick lower than the tubes and hence the frequency reproductions is better acoustically. Tubes are just too boomy to me melodious. If you want to wake up your neighborhood then go for a tube but if you want music in your ride then a sub would be better.

freakdude.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i have a jbl basstube and i love it [:D] and i think you need a tube for a hatchback ?

i don't know the watts or anything nor i knew when i purchased it. i think its 1000w. not sure. but you get loads of bass [;)]

Thread Starter #5
thanks allhyundaicars. yes it is for my swift. do u feel uncomfortable inside the car with high bass? the one i planned to buy is 1250 watts

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
no not at all [:D] now i'm bored with it. earlier i used to listen at very high volumes and totally liked it. so you can go for the bass tube. but make sure you have speakers and amplifier according to the tube.

i mean my speakers were not according to the bass , so in the amplifier setting i had to keep the bass at very low. say 40% or else i could only hear bass and nothing else.

Thread Starter #7
thanks again. i am going to install jbl gtx 646 amp and gt0609c component speakers for 4 doors. will that be a good set up for this bass tube.?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i'm not even sure about the W of my tube [:D] i was going to reply you yesterday only but you required technical knowledge which unfortunately i don't have :\

i just ask the person to give the best , he gave me. bass tube , amplifier , pioneer deck and speakers costed me 17 k , 3 years back.

in 17k you can easily get advanced system now. way much advanced.

I had a JBL bass tube in my Scorpio earlier. I quickly changed it to a Ground Zero subwoofer in a sealed box.

My experience says, the basstube is all about boooom booom boom (SPL). If you want quality sound (instead of just loud bass), go for a subwoofer in a sealed box. The boom booom will be lesser, but the bass will be tighter and precise.

Else, opt for a subwoofer in a ported enclosure. Its somewhere between a basstube and a subwoofer in a sealed box.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks Raj and other friends.

Finally I decided to go for a sub in a ported box and ordered the same. JBL 1150W sub + ported box costs around Rs. 5400 in Chennai.

My Swift ICE installation will be completed by tomorrow and i will taking the vehicle delivery on Wed.

This is what my configuration is

Pioneer DEH 5490 HU - Rs 9500
GT 646- 4 channel Amp - Rs 7000
GT 0609C component speakers - 2 set - Rs 11000
JBL 1150 Watts Sub + Ported box - Rs 5400
Cabling - now unknown

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Oh so you are purchasing all the things from the showroom. And congratz for the new car. I thought you just wanted to upgrade in your old car [;)] add pics also :p

Thread Starter #12
Thanks.

Yes friend its for my new car. I have enquired the prices with different dealers here in Chennai and the price is more or less same. And I believe they gave decent discounts for me [:)]

Sure I will post some pics

hi,

1st the word hatchback not clears to see some uses it for big car and some for small.
I am looking for subwoofer for swift (small not big car) having luggage space problem. So if i want to have subwoofer then which is best tube or enclosure. i need which can be easily detachable and provides good bass on speacially mid and low volume.

i have a jbl basstube and i love it [:D] and i think you need a tube for a hatchback ?

i don't know the watts or anything nor i knew when i purchased it. i think its 1000w. not sure. but you get loads of bass [;)]

your car's subwoofer has hole with tube ? or it is totally sealed

Thanks Raj and other friends.

Finally I decided to go for a sub in a ported box and ordered the same. JBL 1150W sub + ported box costs around Rs. 5400 in Chennai.

My Swift ICE installation will be completed by tomorrow and i will taking the vehicle delivery on Wed.

This is what my configuration is

Pioneer DEH 5490 HU - Rs 9500
GT 646- 4 channel Amp - Rs 7000
GT 0609C component speakers - 2 set - Rs 11000
JBL 1150 Watts Sub + Ported box - Rs 5400
Cabling - now unknown

hi,

1st the word hatchback not clears to see some uses it for big car and some for small.
I am looking for subwoofer for swift (small not big car) having luggage space problem. So if i want to have subwoofer then which is best tube or enclosure. i need which can be easily detachable and provides good bass on speacially mid and low volume.
Hatchback is always and correctly used for small cars.

I would say - go for a subwoofer in either a sealed box or a ported box. If you want more bass (loud bass), go for a ported box. If you want a tight punch (lesser boom), go for a sealed box.

Top Bottom