Ooty - Missing for Years Together - Visiting Again

Thread Starter #1
It is almost 10 years since I have been to Ooty. During my college days we frequently used to have bike rides from coimbatore to coonoor, have lunch or just a cup of tea and return back, we never went above it.

Next weekend I'm planning to enjoy the summer in ooty.

Please do suggest some interesting places to visit. I will be reaching there by 28th late evening and return should be by 30th evening to coimbatore. Stay will be either at Kothagiri or Aravankadu (our relative's house) Also I will be driving either City or Civic, should I hire a jeep there or can I proceed with my regular ride itself?

Hey Boss, good you are visiting Ooty again, its still my favourite destination of all, sadly i cannot visit this time.

It's good to visit Kodanadu near Kothagiri itself (Don't know the exact name) which is full of tea estates and to drive in that route is a Bliss.
As the roads are maintained by some renowned politician who owns the large number of estates the roads would probably be better.

And this view point is exactly opposite to the dolphin house, of course you can now realize the Dolphin nose shaped cliff.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks dear, let me make a note of it.
Ofcourse, ooty is one of the favorite spot to visit and enjoy for many of us (may be, each of us). But hardly I found time to visit there. This trip was once planned 2 years back and dropped due to some unexpected work load.

go for a boat ride in ooty lake , visit doddapeta highest view point in ooty,the rose show is generally on during this time at botanical garden ,visit the thread garden (must see) , shop for home made chocolates, take a walk along charring cross , also do window shopping of antique shops. visit the tuesday market at arvankadu, see the military cantonment at wellington , have a meal definitely at sri lakshmi hotel at coonor .enjoy your trip.

Thread Starter #6
Don't worry you can use your car only to travel in and around Ooty..
Roads are pretty decent.. I had visited 3-4 months back..
[:D] thanks for the update dude.

go for a boat ride in ooty lake , visit doddapeta highest view point in ooty,the rose show is generally on during this time at botanical garden ,visit the thread garden (must see) , shop for home made chocolates, take a walk along charring cross , also do window shopping of antique shops. visit the tuesday market at arvankadu, see the military cantonment at wellington , have a meal definitely at sri lakshmi hotel at coonor .enjoy your trip.
Thanks buddy, but lake, doddapeta, botanical garden are out of list. they are very common places to visit.

Top Bottom