OMG! 3rd RX at Home - 1998 Yamaha RX135 4S (Restoration Completed)

Thread Starter #16
Re: OMG! 3rd RX at Home - 1998 Yamaha RX135 4S

Thanks for the kind words RVSB. I'm not sure of I will be blessed by the God of luck to own RXZ.

You are always the BOSS of RX.
Oh no. I'm just a beginner here. We do have few senior members who are experts in 2 strokes.

Oh no. I'm just a beginner here. We do have few senior members who are experts in 2 strokes.
If you are a beginner, then I am here to give application form for admission to learn about 2 strokes ![;)]

Something I hate to the core (XL Super Headlamp on RX)[frustration]
View attachment 147707
Whoa. How.How could the Previous owner ever do that ? Damn !! [frustration] At least the bike looks in Good condition in outside.I couldn't see all the Pictures because of my Internet speed.I will see it for sure.I am seeing some Surface-Rust.Has it get into the Petrol Tank ? You never should tell "I am just a beginner" then What am I ? Even RSVB is experienced with a 2 stroke (His Kinetic Honda) You own 3 RX and 2 of 'em already restored and you are now going to restore the 3rd One.How could possibly one tell you as a beginner ? Even I am a big fan of your restorations.The One especially is finding a good Mechanic for taking the Devil.We all know Chennai is flodded with Thiefs dressed as Mechanics.That itself is a standing applause from me [clap] The amount of detail in your restoration is a whole different league.You are a very experienced TAI-ger.Whereas,Me ? I am just a kid.All I could do is watch Them Smoking every bike in our streets ! I have 0 Experience in them.But when I turn 18,I may get some experience sir.Thank you

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

I am seeing some Surface-Rust.Has it get into the Petrol Tank ?
No, tank is rust-free inside out. The most rusted area is Silencer.

I am a big fan of your restorations. The amount of detail in your restoration is a whole different league.
Thanks for the kind words.

OK,I am relieved to hear that.Finding an RX Fuel Tank is like finding a Needle on a heap of Grass.How's the Engine ? FC Passed ? White Smoke ? Thank you

I'm sorry I didn't ask it in any intention,sir.I just asked you that because the I saw Bike has run more than 75K Kms.That's why I asked.Did the previous owner Re-build the Engine every 30K Kms ? What Oil did he use ? Condition of Head-Gasket and Oil Seal ? .etc Thank you

Thread Starter #24

I'm sorry I didn't ask it in any intention,sir.I just asked you that because the I saw Bike has run more than 75K Kms.That's why I asked.
What if a 2 stroke engine gives white smoke?

Did the previous owner Re-build the Engine every 30K Kms ? What Oil did he use ? Condition of Head-Gasket and Oil Seal ?
No idea

Yes, White smoke in 2strokes is the oil burnt inside combustion chamber. The oil will lubricate the parts and will get burnt in the combustion chamber itself.
White smoke in 4strokes is a issue that we should troubleshoot because 4stroke bikes' engine should not get into combustion chamber. If it gets in, then packaging and oil seal kits and valve should be checked.

Mad monkey inside me jumping every branch. Once it is done with enough of jumping I will start stripping it.[:)]
Can I know what are all the branches except the listed 3 above your "Mad Monkey" inside you is jumping ? [;)] Any other plans ? Why dont you make it a DRAG SPEC DEVIL RX ???[evil] It will give you a thrill if you go with this.

Thread Starter #29

Why dont you make it a DRAG SPEC DEVIL RX ???[evil] It will give you a thrill if you go with this.
Most of the senior members suggested against RX100 conversion, so dropped that plan. So I'm left with the only option of performance upgrade. Not decided the spec / list of modification yet.

Some Ideas ! This are from my Dad's RE Mechanic who also works on RX bikes.

ART 58mm piston or Original Bore and Piston Overbore
5-Speed Head ported and polished
Keihin D-slide 28mm carb (or Pulsar 150 Carb)
Expansion Chamber
K&N Air filter
Carburetor Upjetting
Engine Tuning
Tires - 18" Zapper C at the rear and R15 V1 17" front
OR Tyres - Michelin M45's both front and rear
RXZ meter console featuring the Tachometer
Rear Pulsar Shocks
Front Disc brakes from Gladiator (Needs the Front Shocks) or RTR (Look Factor !)
Under-Engine Scoop/Guard
Hella H4 headlight on 100/90 Kit
Spokes Re-chroming (To make it shine)
Engine and Gear,Crank Case Black Paint with White Edges and Yamaha Logo Highlited in White
And Please remove that Crash guard !! It looks really Awefull

I also recommend you try Matt Black Colour with Original Badges.I think it will look killer.

Thank you

Top Bottom