OM SAI HONDA, Mahim, Mumbai: Poor Service in Delivering ACTIVA DLX!

frankly, i dont see a point. do we really need to wait for 6-7 months to get an activa or a swift??? why not consider the other options instead?

this will teach the manufacturers that Indians cannot be taken for granted.

frankly, i dont see a point. do we really need to wait for 6-7 months to get an activa or a swift??? why not consider the other options instead?

this will teach the manufacturers that Indians cannot be taken for granted.
+100 fully agree :agree:this is very long wait list and not acceptable for a thing like scooter. if you are not big fan of activa go with some other scooter and i can even say that dont go for honda again!! this should teach them good lesson.

Thread Starter #19
+100 fully agree :agree:this is very long wait list and not acceptable for a thing like scooter. if you are not big fan of activa go with some other scooter and i can even say that dont go for honda again!! this should teach them good lesson.
I totally agree with you, but canceling my booking will not make any difference to HONDA!

Yes i too feel the same , there are many other people waiting to get the bike! So cancelling one booking will not bother Honda much.

I totally agree with you, but canceling my booking will not make any difference to HONDA!
Tell him that you will do the complete spot payment if activa is provided soon(out of queue) or else you will get it from some other dealer, maybe this trick works because many get waiting period rides out of queue.

Thread Starter #23
Tell him that you will do the complete spot payment if activa is provided soon(out of queue) or else you will get it from some other dealer, maybe this trick works because many get waiting period rides out of queue.

Buddy all kinds of tricks used:
Told him that I will pay the full payment in Cash on the spot,
Told him to gimme me any colour,
Told him to gimme in loan(dealers have seperate commission if the customer buys the ride in loan)
Told him to gimme any model(base/DLX)
Also told him to give any ride with some minor scratches!

Of what we got the answer a big NOOOO!!!!

Yes our member Marun being prime example. He got his Activa in 3 days on spot payment.
As mensioned earlier; we too can get get the ride in 30mins from a local dealer but the thing is that we will have to pay 14-15k more! Does that makes any sence?

Unless and until you have any setting or 'PEHCHAAN', you cannot get the ride!

UPDATES: Got frusterated and called the showroom yesterday,

Operator: Hello, Om Sai...
Me:Sirji we want to know the details about the new Activa.
Operator:So you wanna book one.
Me:Yes!
Operator:Sir at present we are not taking any official bookings for the Activa. The booking is stopped as of now, if you want to book one you can give us your details and we will contact you later, once the company starts taking the bookings!
Me:Hmm, so whats the waiting period?
Operator:9-10 months or more!
Me:So, what about the idiots who have booked one earlier?
Operator:(Waited for few seconds)Sorry??
Me:I mean I have already booked one and it has been more than 6months!
Operator:Hmm..
Me:I have been promised that you may get the ride in six months..
Operator:Sir we do not make any commitments...and..
Me:Then Y the hell have you taken my signature stating thet the ride would be delivered in six months!
Operator:Sir thats the formality we have to do, it may varry.
Me:While booking you told me not even bother to enquire before 5months...Its more then 6 months now...
Operator:Yes Sir we understand...
Me:What the F*** you understand B*******! (sorry for going above limits!hehehe, it was natural!)
Operator:Sir...
Me:Now I want a exact date when you will give my ride?
Operator:Sir not exact but approximate....
Me:Aacha aacha Bol!![anger]
Operator:Can you tell me the date of booking...
Me:17 feb...
Operator:Sir, atleast 1.5 - 2months more... We are giving the delivery to the December ke customers...
Me:Aare B********, doo manine pehle bhi tum December wallo ko hi de rahe thee...
Operator:Sir cant help it!
Me:Cut the line![frustration]

SORRY FOR USING VULGAR LANGUAGE, SINCE IT WAS NATURAL AT THAT TIME WHEN I GOT THOSE REPLYS!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25
This is really bad from Honda. But please buddy don get angry like this , sometimes politeness also works out.
Yes buddy I know that, but these people need that kind of treatement only! most of the people have told me that if you are polite with them, they will take you for granted! nwayz my dad is trying to find out some source (setting/pehchaan) in the showroom itself, lets see what happens!

Last edited:
i think gears was polite enough all these days. but that does not work that honda guys i think.
anyways. can anybody let me know the difference between the activa base variant and the DLX variant?

Thread Starter #27
anyways. can anybody let me know the difference between the activa base variant and the DLX variant?
Yes sure buddy! Well there are three major difference in BASE and DLX version!
1) DLX Version has Double/Combi breakes for better breaking.
2) DLX Version has Different tyres: V rated design ones (in other words the DIO ones!)
3) DLX Version has key shutter, hopefully for safety!

Well the difference between both was ~Rs1000-1200, and the waiting period was same, so we opted for the DLX version!

gears1313, sorry to hear the same plea from the dealer to your calls, and can assure its the same situation across nation.Only source is to have a big time pehchan in any dealership to avail sooner delivery.Many have complained, written to Honda India, Emails but its the same response.

Thread Starter #29
gears1313, sorry to hear the same plea from the dealer to your calls, and can assure its the same situation across nation.Only source is to have a big time pehchan in any dealership to avail sooner delivery.Many have complained, written to Honda India, Emails but its the same response.
I know that, that's why I have not filed a complaint on the net! You just search 'OM SAI HONDA ACTIVA COMPLAINTS' and you will find n numbers of complaints lying there![anger]

Top Bottom