OM SAI HONDA, Mahim, Mumbai: Poor Service in Delivering ACTIVA DLX!

Thread Starter #1
OM SAI HONDA, MAHIM, MUMBAI[frustration]

Okey, so it was the beginning of this year that we decided to have a scooter in our family, obviously for my dad! He earlier owned Bajaj Chetak,(2000) later he switched to Honda Eterno (2006) and is currently owning the same. Now a days the ride started needing huge maintenance, so decided to swap it with some other scooter. Since Honda Eterno was the only gear scooter, we decided to buy a new one, but Honda discontinued the model here in Mumbai. So the next option was the Honda Activa, Aviator, Dio.

Now the new scooter would be driven by everyone in our family since it was gearless! Dad, mom , me and my younger brother

Now since may dad is in his late 40’s Dio was ruled out! (Though I and my brother was in the favour of Dio because of looks!)
Aviator’s height was much more than the Activa. (Ruled out again since my Mom would also be riding it, hopefully; and my younger brother)
Activa was the one which suited our needs.

Since we had brought my Bajaj Pulsar 180 recently in August 2009, he was not willing to buy a new Activa but a pre owned! (May be 8-15months used) So the search started for the Activa. We saw many Activas in the Second hand market, either their conditions were pathetic or the price was high. After seatching for around a month, he finally decided to buy a new one!

So we went to the local dealer (from whom we brought our Pulsar180), he quoted us 62,000 for the base variant and 64,000 for the top model, ie 12,000 – 14,000 black! He then asked about the booking period, he got to know that it was around 3-4 months!

So decided to book an Activa with an authorized dealer. On 17 Feb 2010, went to OM SAI HONDA, mahim (since it was the nearest) and we were shocked to here the waiting period was 4-5 months and they refused to argue about the Activa’s waiting period.
So finally booked
ACTIVA
DLX( the difference in base model and dlx was hardly 1,200-1,500 and the waiting period were same!) Red colour(younger brothers choice)

The person there straight away said that the booking period might slightly go up or down. They generally say these because to avoid any troubles in the future.

I went after 3months to enquire, he said, ‘Sir, aaur 4 mahine lagenge! October ki booking ki delivey hum aabhi de rahe hai!’

Again I went in the 4th month, he again said, ‘Sir, aaur 4 se 5 mahine lagenge!! November k booking ki delivey hum aabhi de rahe hai!’

Now by the men time, one of our relative’s neighbor In Mulund had booked the Activa from PILOT HONDA, on 13th Jan and had got the delivery exactly in 4months i.e on 13th May. That guy also told me to enquire in the showroom!

So, I again went in the 5th month, and created the scene there, telling about the other showroom’s delivery period. I asked the guy who took my booking, he said, Currently we are giving delivery of the December’s booking!
I asked him, “Kyat aap log Authorised dealer ho?”
HE: “Haan sir.”
ME: “PILOT walla bhi authorized hai?”
HE: “Haan sir who bhi hai!”
ME: “Toh delivey period me kuch difference……”
HE: “Nahi sar chance hi nahi, sab jagha same hai”
ME: “PILOT walla toh 4 mahine me de raha hai”
HE: “Aaisa possible hi nahi hai sir!”
ME: “Mere dost ne toh 4 mahine me nikali hai!”
HE: “Sir chance hi nahi hai!”
ME: “Activa base model,
Reg no :MH 03 AV 1275,
Colour: Metallic Pearl Whitei,
Eng no:XYZ,
Chassis no: ABC,
Owner’s name: PQR hai,
check karlo yeh gaadi ka pura record aaur paata karo customer ne kabhi booking karai hai aaur kabhi delivery milli hai!”
HE: now he was in full silence for a minuite or so… and said ”Sir ho sakta hai, wahan par kam bookings hogi isliye”
ME: “Aabhi toh aap ne kaha sab jagha same waiting period hai!”
HE: “Sir main aapne manager se puchta hun kab tak aap ki gaadi de sakte hai!”
He took me booking receipt and went to another guy in the corner of the showroom and that guy talked in the fone and he came back.
HE: “Sir aahi 2 mahine ke upar lagega, Mostly aap ko 2mahine ke aandhar call aa jayega!”
ME: “Fir?”
HE: “Call aanke baad full payment karne ke baad 20-25 days ke baad gaadi milegi”
Now getting this kind of replys, I walked out of the showroom with disappointment!

Till now, no reply from OM SAI HONDA regarding the delivery of the ride!

Today its around 6 months and we have not received the ACTIVA!! [frustration]

Some deatails about my booking:
Showroom: OM SAI HONDA
Branch: Mahim
Booking date: 17th Fed 2010
Promised delivery date: Around 4-5months
Model: Activa DLX
Booking number: M13137

Last edited:
That is a very unfortunate incident. But I could not understand the last line. Does that mean that if you make full payment, you'll get delivery in 20 days?
If that's the case, then it'll also be a factor but the SE should've definitely told you about it.
Heard of a similar incident near Coimbatore, again with Honda only. It finally ended up in consumer court. Honda really needs to keep its dealership in control.

this is the scene across nation for activas, and nothing is been done for this by the company.Even a complaint letter to honda twowheeler department would also not amake any difference but i think nothings wrong in mailing them once with this experience and see what result it fetches.

Activa - gonna be a flop due to this waiting period.

A friend of mine booked one and waited 6+ month. irritated canceled the bike and got a suzuki in 2 days

Another one have booked and 3+ months i think. still he is waiting

Thread Starter #5
That is a very unfortunate incident. But I could not understand the last line. Does that mean that if you make full payment, you'll get delivery in 20 days?
If that's the case, then it'll also be a factor but the SE should've definitely told you about it.
Heard of a similar incident near Coimbatore, again with Honda only. It finally ended up in consumer court. Honda really needs to keep its dealership in control.
Yes buddy, you will get the delivery in 20-25days after paying the full payment, when your chance comes! Currently they say that they are giving the rides to the people who booked their Activas in the month of Dec09!

this is the scene across nation for activas, and nothing is been done for this by the company.Even a complaint letter to honda twowheeler department would also not amake any difference but i think nothings wrong in mailing them once with this experience and see what result it fetches.
Thats so nice of you for that idea vijay, but.... there are huge number of complaints in lying in the que if you make a google search regarding Honda Activa's complaints!

ilango[speed thirst];43302 said:
Activa - gonna be a flop due to this waiting period.

A friend of mine booked one and waited 6+ month. irritated canceled the bike and got a suzuki in 2 days

Another one have booked and 3+ months i think. still he is waiting
Hey Ilango, we have also checked out the Suzuki Access, but still my dad is inclined towards the Ativa; even I also would prefer Activa than Suzuki Access.

I wonder why Honda fails to address this highly demanded scooter.
Its been ages since this demand started.

Dude,
Time to have second choice. Wait for one more month and cancel it. Send a mail to any higher authorities of Honda about your experience.

Hmmm so long waiting period , thats a very bad experience Gears1313!

But i think the waiting period for Activa is only 2 months here in Chennai.

But if you want i can get a bike sooner as my dad has built a showroom for Honda for a dealer here in Chennai.[;)]

Lets not go OT.

350Z

Core Team
I think Activa is already having an extremely long wait list across the country. You only have two options, either to wait for it or get a second hand like your dad considered earlier, if all other scooters are not in the preference list.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes buddy, you will get the delivery in 20-25days after paying the full payment, when your chance comes! Currently they say that they are giving the rides to the people who booked their Activas in the month of Dec09!
Dec '09? Does that mean all those booked in Dec '09 have waited and are getting it this month? I'm not sure what is going on there, but all these things makes me think why should I buy an Activa or for that case any Honda 2 wheelers.

Thread Starter #12
I wonder why Honda fails to address this highly demanded scooter.
Its been ages since this demand started.

Dude,
Time to have second choice. Wait for one more month and cancel it. Send a mail to any higher authorities of Honda about your experience.
Yes buddy, was just thinking to check out the TVS Wego!

Hmmm so long waiting period , thats a very bad experience Gears1313!

But i think the waiting period for Activa is only 2 months here in Chennai.
ilango[speed thirst];43373 said:
Bothin chennai and pondicherry its more than 3 months! .
but you will actually get almost after some 4 months!
Hmm, is it so?

I think Activa is already having an extremely long wait list across the country. You only have two options, either to wait for it or get a second hand like your dad considered earlier, if all other scooters are not in the preference list.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hmm, lets see what happens!

Dec '09? Does that mean all those booked in Dec '09 have waited and are getting it this month? I'm not sure what is going on there, but all these things makes me think why should I buy an Activa or for that case any Honda 2 wheelers.
Yes dude! I was also wondering that those people ACTUALLY waited for such a long time like me![cry]

well if you are too much into buying a honda two wheeler only then why dont you try and go for avaitor, good choice and yes a bit high but then your family would get used to it.mY Neighbour wanted to buy activa and finally opted for avaitor after long wait for his wife and they dont regret that.

Thread Starter #14
well if you are too much into buying a honda two wheeler only then why dont you try and go for avaitor, good choice and yes a bit high but then your family would get used to it.mY Neighbour wanted to buy activa and finally opted for avaitor after long wait for his wife and they dont regret that.
Then again the waithing period would start from zero! Nwayz thanks for the suggestion...will see what is possible!

Really ridiculous!!!
Hey Gears, When we had purchased Activa way back in 2004.
We were told to wait for 3-4 months but , We had known someone in dealership & we got the vehicle in a week.
So may be your dealer is allocating your lot to someone for a premium amount.
Isn't there customer care for Honda, May be you can drop a mail to heir superiors.

Top Bottom