Offers on Honda Brio - Should I Buy Now or Not?


Thread Starter #1
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
67
Likes
0
Location
Meerut
Hi All,

I am new to this forum though i am reading this forum quite a long time. I have decided to buy honda brio and i am going to learn driving within 1-2 days..Now problem starts. Honda has started giving discounts on Brio and in ad it was mentioned that this is till 30th June when i enquired from SA, he told me that this can be increased, but no guarrentee.

Now what to do?? i have not learnt driving properly yet and so for only 7 days left..Is it good to buy without learning or should i wait till oct when more discounts can be expected.

one more question? i will have a run of 200 km in a month. Most of the the time it will be city, only 2-3 times on highway in a a year so which variant will u suggest btw SMT or SMT(O) as i will take loan for 50% amount.

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
5,937
Likes
211
Location
bangalore
Re: Offers on Honda Brio!!

Welcome to TAI,

If you can hold on till oct go ahead and do it, Looking at the current scenario I am sure Honda cant sell their petrol car's without discounts(so the discount's are not going anywhere) meanwhile you can probably pick up a used 800 for a dirt cheap price and practice driving.
when you just learnt driving i am sure unwanted incident's are bound to happen, even a small scratch on new car can you make you weep for week's.
 

350Z

Core Team
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
18,714
Likes
6,664
Location
New Delhi
Re: Offers on Honda Brio!!

Now what to do?? i have not learnt driving properly yet and so for only 7 days left..Is it good to buy without learning or should i wait till oct when more discounts can be expected.
Welcome to The Automotive India. Several carmakers are offering tempting discounts on their models considering the present situation in the auto sector. I would recommend finalizing the deal this month only if you wish to buy a car on the urgent basis and have decided to get the Brio. Else, it’s definitely worth waiting until the festive season arrives (or even the year-end). By that time, one can usually expect better deals (apart from cash discounts). Since you would be able to drive the car yourself, you will have the choice to test drive different cars in the segment and finalize accordingly. On a related note, I’m also attaching a couple of useful links:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/5392-best-time-buy-new-car-india.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...monthly-discounts-schemes-indian-cars-22.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
2,757
Likes
437
Location
Pune
If you are not in hurry to buy car then wait for 1 or 2 more months - The discounts will be increased further as the demand for petrol cars is getting less.
 
Thread Starter #5
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
67
Likes
0
Location
Meerut
Thanks @visran, @350z and @surfer. now I have decided to buy car in oct.
Pl suggest me the variant to go for (SMT or SMT(O) ).
 
Thread Starter #8
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
67
Likes
0
Location
Meerut
Just 609 Brio were sold by Honda in June 2012, It is really sad for petrol cars. so I guess i will get more discount on brio now.
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
5,937
Likes
211
Location
bangalore
Just 609 Brio were sold by Honda in June 2012, It is really sad for petrol cars. so I guess i will get more discount on brio now.
That's correct you can haggle more and squeeze the dealer for as much discount as possible.
 
Joined
Jul 28, 2012
Messages
14
Likes
0
Location
Kolkata
Suggestions for Honda Brio

Hi friends ,

I'm planning to book the SMT version in Kolkata :

here is the final quote that I'm getting from the dealer (after trying all the techniques to bring him down) :

He is not willing to go below this and the other dealership is also pretty firm with the prices. I'm quite surprised .

Ex showroom - 4,52,400
Honda assure insurance - 12,702 (getting this free)
Road Tax & Registration - 25,169
Handling charges for registration - 3500
Extended Warranty - 4,900
RSA- 4000
3M paint & underbody - 7500

Now if we add all the above excluding insurance which is free it comes to 4,93,469 on road .

I told him about the Delhi high court rule about the handling charges so the dealer said that they would make 3M paint and underbody 4000 .
Also the zero dep insurance would cost about 2500 extra . Is it reasonable or expensive ?? I asked them whether it covers the plastic too and they said yes and that I could claim as many times as I want by paying Rs 500 for each claim.

So the final quote from the dealer stands at 4,89,969 (after all discounts) + 2500 extra for zero percent depreciation insurance .

Is this deal good ? I also got a quote for figo zxi diesel for 6,23,000 on road (this is the listed price and I haven't negotiated at all) . My running is about 20 kms per day on an average .

Please note : Honda was giving Extended Warranty and RSA free last month but they are not willing to give it free anyhow this month.

Cars that I don't want to buy - Ritz , Indica , Fiat , Estilo , i10, A-star
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
7,026
Likes
2,846
Location
Mumbai
Re: Suggestions for Honda Brio

Go to another dealer and haggle a little bit more get a quote and pitch it against the dealer you are talking now , do the insurance from your side and ask for the cash benefits instead of it .honda is very adamant in giving discounts I went to Mumbai dealer they said no discounts and after 3 days called me I said no discounts don't call me again .
Like all have said wait for some time if it's not urgent nevertheless the car is great .
 
Joined
Jul 28, 2012
Messages
14
Likes
0
Location
Kolkata
There are two dealers in Kolkata and believe me I've I tried to bargain in everyway possible to the extent when this sales guy last calls up I asked him to give Some cash discount , I said forget it I'm buying the figo diesel tomorrow . The sales person still didn't react and I hanged up the phone saying thanks .

So this is how the situation is here at least .
 
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
750
Likes
111
Location
Kolkata
There are two dealers in Kolkata and believe me I've I tried to bargain in everyway possible to the extent when this sales guy last calls up I asked him to give Some cash discount , I said forget it I'm buying the figo diesel tomorrow . The sales person still didn't react and I hanged up the phone saying thanks .

So this is how the situation is here at least .
Things you could do:
1) Insurance is free; so you will not be able to haggle on that. Also for a new car, outside rates would be similar. Try to get freebies .. like parking sensor , car cover etc.
2) You can drop the 3M paint protection, but do the under body treatment. Paint protection not required for a new car and can be done later. Also 3M protection would not be my first choice as it rubs off 0.5 micron of your top coat before applying the treatment. There are better things out there.
3) Ask for Michelin XM2 tyres. These are very good and superior to the MRF/JK ones Honda are circulating with Brio these days.

And lastly be patient. Honda is not selling many Brios these days. And the SA would definitely call in the next two weeks. If there is no urgency just wait. Next time they call, drop a hint saying that you would be in the locality to TD the Liva. Have them run after you rather than you after them.
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
7,026
Likes
2,846
Location
Mumbai
Thanks for the heads up .
Have been holding up the purchase since the whole month , so I have to conclude it latest by friday-sat .
honda is really admant i told you , but as chayan suggested try all the tactics .btw which colour are you planning ?
 
Top Bottom