Off Roading Near Damdama Lake (Haryana)

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I am planning to go on a short off-roading trip near Damdama lake. Anybody has any experience to share or any recommendations regarding the trail.

Also, any place to buy tow ropes around Gurgaon?

Thanks,
Slushmaster

350Z

Core Team
Hello Friends,I am planning to go on a short off-roading trip near Damdama lake. Anybody has any experience to share or any recommendations regarding the trail.
Mastersquall might be able to suggest suitable off-roading locations in Delhi-NCR.

Just inquire at some car accessories market around for towing rope or order it online. Toughguy bought the 3 ton towing rope from ebay for 500 bucks (Link).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Friends,

I am planning to go on a short off-roading trip near Damdama lake. Anybody has any experience to share or any recommendations regarding the trail.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Slushmaster, I know of one trail where I've been. It's on the Gurgaon- Faridabad road.

So while, coming from Gurgaon towards Faridabad, when you reach the intersection from where taking a left will lead you to Surajkund, going straight will take you to Badhkal lake, you take a right from there. Go all the way down, past a small toll gate (you can try to avoid paying the toll, talk to the fellow [;)] ), take left from the dead end, and keep following the broken road until you see a stone crusher on the right hand side. Take a right from here, and you enter the dirt area of stone crusher zone in the Aravallis.

Be cautious, there is negligible help available there, be adventurous, not stupid. Also, keep a track of the path you will be taking further down, it gets a little confusing. One of the trails there leads you to a lake, a small one though.

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Teja, will definitely try this trail. I went to Damdama lake and their is a small bush trail. We had lots of fun with our cars and adventure activities.

A teaser

Attachments

Looks like you had the real bushy adventure out there. A single pic isnt enough to drench our thirst. Put up your experience along with loads of pic.

Thanks Teja, will definitely try this trail. I went to Damdama lake and their is a small bush trail. We had lots of fun with our cars and adventure activities.

A teaser

Awesome pic Slushmaster, please post some more pics of your off roading trails. I am also planning to go for an off roading adventure with my storme.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Friends,

It was a small weekend excursion, just wanted to have some with 4X4s. Damdama lake is a place near Gurgaon and recent rains have raised the water level, the place is not at all crowded and offered a perfect destination to relax.

We started our drive from Gurgaon around 9 and reached there around 10, roads were full of slush at some places which added fun to our drive. After reaching the lake we saw a small dust track and turned our cars on the track. It was a nice 2 hour drive, few steep climbs.. overall it was fun.

Word of Caution: the track was full of bushes, please be careful about the paint of your car [:)]

Few Pics:

Attachments

great pics slushmaster, looks like you had great fun. so how did your storme behaved on these off road trails?

Thread Starter #12
Hi Mukesh,

They were nothing in front of mighty storme :). On a steep loose slope, just flick to 4L and with limited steering input it scales evrythin, just be gentle on the throttle and it will take you anywhere.

The other car was a Yeti 4x4, it doesn't have a selectable 4wd system and the system engages after a lot of slippage, but it performed well on.

Top Bottom