Number of Problems in Brand New Toyota Etios

Thread Starter #47
myetios Munish Have you got any reply from them ? If yes from whom ? What it is ?
Have you visited service station?
Please try to show it to local mechanic and get opinion.
Yes I have reported the matter to my dealer - Galaxy Toyota in Delhi which has 5 out of the 7 sales outlets in Delhi.The deler personnel including Techical, CRM, Warraties visited my place and agreed that there is problem in my Toyota ETIOS, they made some videos with the water bottle.

And they confirmed in their mail that my Toyota ETIOS has problem of excessive noise and vibrations.And that Toyota is working on it and in the meantime Toyota had aksed dealer to give some other feedbacks on rpm, acceleration.
Actually, I was the first to report this problem but later when everyone started reporting the same problem, the dealer personnel ignored my problems and made it generic to all Toyota ETIOS.
But later after few days when I again sent the reminder to Toyota and the DEaler TKM-CRM confirmed that dealer had reported there is no problem and we have closed the case.
But on my request the second inspection was organised at Galaxy Toyota , Moti Nagar and it was attended by CRM of Galaxy and 2 CRM's of Toyota and 1 Technical of Toyota TKM.
But to my surprise they were adamant not to acknowledge the serious noise and vibration problems in my Toyota ETIOS that they had to experience embarrassment when other customer present there asked is this the new Diesel ETIOS. Also one of the customer present at the showroom canceled hisbooking after seeing the excessive noise and vibrations in my vehicle.
But I have understood one thing now that there are problems in ETIOS and Toyota is just trying to cover the provlems by individually calling the customers for repair.
I know of one such customer who also faced the same problems of excessive noise and vibrations- his vehicle was taken to workshop of Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar engineers in first week of July and he has still not taken the delivery on last week of August because his problems are not yet sorted out.

I would request you to do not go by the comments on the internet but take at least ten drive and convince yourself before taking the ETIOS delivery.

TKM north regional office has confirmed that according to them there is no problem in my Toyota ETIOS, they negate the problems which are visible even with naked eyes and you do not need to be an engineer to feel them. As a simple driver also these excessive vibrations can be felt. They are asking me to give my ETIOS for 3 days. But I do not agree to give them the vehicle if there is no problem as per TKM engineers.
I also feel that Toyota employees has taken the issues in my ETIOS on their personal ego's. [glasses]

I feel that Toyota ETIOS is able to sell not for its quality but publicity only.

Toyota has disappointed me very much.[frustration]

Thread Starter #48
What is Recall?
A product recall is a request to return to the maker a batch or an entire production run of a product, usually due to the discovery of safety issues. The recall is an effort to limit liability for corporate negligence (which can cause costly legal penalties) and to improve or avoid damage to publicity. Recalls are costly to a company because they often entail replacing the recalled product or paying for damage caused by use, although possibly less costly than consequential costs caused by damage to brand name and reduced trust in the manufacturer.

This can be because of the failure in any component or complete vehicle. In this process the vehicle is called to the Automobile manufacturer/Dealers workshop and the faulty part is changed with the new one by the manufacturer free-of-cost.

What is Refund?
A refund is reimbursement of the cost paid to the manufacturer by the customer. A customer gets back his money paid for the product and the faulty product is returned to the manufacturing company.

If the company tries to design a new product and it fails with Quality issues. Then it must be refunded.

Toyota ETIOS has been designed on a new platform and the designing of the vehicle is not appropriate. The basic designing of any car has the following parameters for the design engineers-

1) Use the best quality material available in the market.

2) Use the best technology.

3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.

4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.

5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.

In any of the conditions

Quality – Good and Price -High = Engineering Design Fails.

Quality -Poor and Price-High=Engineering Design Fails

Quality -Poor and Price –Low=Engineering Design Fails

Quality-Good and Price-Low=Engineering Design PASSES.

Designing a car with 4 wheels and 1 spare wheel, steering, seats, dashboard, bonnet, boot etc can only make a car not a Good car. In Toyota ETIOS I do not find a single feature or quality where I can say that it is “TOYOTA” product.

But in my Toyota ETIOS, I do not have any of the following design parameters. I have spent my hard earned in buying the Toyota ETIOS because of the faith that I had in their Quality and Customer support. But I am not even let down in both the fields but I feel cheated that Toyota is inconsiderate to my problems.

It appears that Toyota is interested only in making the ETIOS and selling it to me and not caring for its customer and problems. “Toyota” thinks that they have produced a car and it has to be the best. This reflects the over confidence of Toyota in their products. This can be there because Toyota has produced some vehicles running successfully around the globe. I also appreciate Innova,Qualis,Camry,Corolla etc which are built as per International standards and are running successfully all across the globe.

But in Indian context ETIOS is a disaster and the vibrations and noise in the ETIOS make it feel like passenger is sitting inside the tractor. Weather gaskets missing from all 4 doors. Noise from engine and road inside the cabin. Low fuel economy, stepney is not alloy wheel, single remote unit, single wiper which does not cover the wind-shied adequately. Singe reverse parking bulb makes it difficult at night. Reverse gear produces noise. Brakes take delay time to completely apply. Etc.

I have lost trust on the Quality of Toyota. I don’t want to pay for the incapable and poor design by Toyota.

ETIOS unhappy customer must be refunded his hard earned money by TOYOTA.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49
@ Munish : ICE means In Car Entertainment.
Other words Music System in your car.
I have taken the Toyota ETIOS model V which has the company fitted stereo in it with the capability to play Audio CD, FM, AUX, USB
But I had to pay for AUX port.

ilango[speed thirst];94969 said:
i was waiting at a signal and a etios was waiting for the green beside me.

Finding the windows of the etios down , asked the driver , hows the car and what all are the problems.

He just said the car is superb. no complaints etc , i pointed out door beeding as said and he said , no issues , everything is fine and shuts fine.

His only grump was on the FE.
he said his car gives 13kmpl in ac and 14 in non ac. not as company claimed 17 or 18.

so i found the answer for the un asked question , the reason for windows roll down!
I like other was so obsessed with the Quality of Toyota that I made up my mind to buy ETIOS before the launch and never thought that I will feel any problem in Toyota product and also the reviews on the internet always said positive aspects about ETIOS so I started developing more faith on Toyota Quality. Actually my trusting people over the internet whom I hardly knew and I also never knew that existed in real or they were like my many email id's which I created and could never remember their id and password.[frustration]
All my trust on Toyota was actually based on the products which are built on the international platforms and tested not as per Indian standards.
ETIOS engineers have enjoyed that freedom and liberty in designing here in India and calling it "Made for India".
"First for India and then for the World" will follow with changes to pass International standards.
I can Proudly say that my 10 years old WagonR has much better interiors than ETIOS and the engine is much quiter and vibration free than my Toyota ETIOS.[cheers]

Thread Starter #50
By reading your problems, I understand Etios is Toyota's version of Logan. But surprisingly, Renault has done a better job.

Didn't you notice these NVH troubles during TD?

Driving a car for 2 kilometer and for 10 min does not help you figure out the problems. Also the brand name Toyota could never make me feel that ETIOS is faulty. Doubting Toyota's capability was like doubting the capability of Sun to radiate light and heat.
I was so mesmerized with Toyota brand that it actually took me 4 weeks to acknowledge the problems and convince myself to report them to the dealer and Toyota Kirloskar Motor.[confused]

munish sorry to hear that your etios is not meeting your expectations.haven't you taken aTD before going in for etios. i too had thought of buying it. but the cheap plastics & flimsy body made me change my mind after the TD. the sales executive had told me that its a toyota that we are giving you at this price when i had pointed the defects. why don't you sell it off at the earliest as now there is a big demand for the car before the prices in second hand market starts to fall.
Driving a car for 2 kilometer and for 10 min does not help you figure out the problems. Also the brand name Toyota could never make me feel that ETIOS is faulty. Doubting Toyota's capability was like doubting the capability of Sun to radiate light and heat.
I was so mesmerized with Toyota brand that it actually took me 4 weeks to acknowledge the problems and convince myself to report them to the dealer and Toyota Kirloskar Motor.

I was waiting for some other Etios to share his views and here comes Freakdude.

Now both of you seem to agree on many of the issues or problems. This is bad from Toyota's part then! I believe a Dzire or a Manza is a much better buy. A new car with so much issues is just not acceptable for me when the competitors can give better products at the same price.

chevy aveo uva is a very good car.my dad owns one and i have driven it a lot. spacious interiors, good quality plastics,good engine, very solid feel with good highspeed handling. only thing wrong is the abscence of a diesel heart.

Hello @ Munish have an early morning drive on your Etios for one week and you will start loving it. Familiarity makes things better [sleep]
Etios is a nice car with it's price and Toyota's reliability. If you are looking for more comfort and features in a Toyota Sedan you are better to go for a Corolla.:sorry:
Your problem with Etios is due to high expectations than the reality. Happy Miles

Thread Starter #56
Yes Vivian,
You are right, my expectations were really too high from Toyota Engineers and I used to promote Toyota to my friends. But poor Engineering from Toyota Engineers and poor Quality of material used in the vehicle has made me bear monetary loss and personal peace of mind loss.

Till now I have driven my Toyota ETIOS 2000 KM and only 100 km in the last 90 days. I feel uncomfortable sitting in Toyota ETIOS because of noise and vibrations. I feel more comfortable in my 11 years old Wagon R driven for 95000 km. My wagon R is much silent and vibration free than Toyota ETIOS and has much better interior than my Toyota ETIOS.

I regret going for a second car as Toyota ETIOS. Toyota ETIOS is a sedan only for the people whose are using sedan for the first time and can be misguided about the comfort and Quality.

I want Toyota Engineers to take my vehicle and refund my money.

Please do not have mercy on Toyota by mentioning the price factor. It is nothing more and nothing less than poor Engineering from Toyota Engineers. And I am not ready to bear the cost of their mistake.

I had purchased this vehicle on 24.02.2011 and I have been complaining about it since february 2011 verbally and I filed a written complaint on 12.04.2011 vide VOC Complaint No.(Ref No.DCM0511035015)
But regret to say that Toyota ETIOS is bad but the worst is Toyota Kirloskar Motor Customer Support.

Toyota ETIOS has been designed on a new platform and the designing of the vehicle is not appropriate. The basic designing of any car has the following parameters for the design engineers-

1) Use the best quality material available in the market.

2) Use the best technology.

3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.

4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.

5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.
[clap]
In any of the conditions

Quality – Good and Price -High = Engineering Design Fails.

Quality -Poor and Price-High=Engineer Design Fails

Quality -Poor and Price –Low=Engineer Design Fails

Quality-Good and Price-Low=Engineering Design PASSES.

Designing a car with 4 wheels and 1 spare wheel, steering, seats, dashboard, bonnet, boot etc can only make a car not a Good car. In Toyota ETIOS I do not find a single feature or quality where I can say that it is “TOYOTA” product.

But in my Toyota ETIOS, I do not have any of the following design parameters. I have spent my hard earned in buying the Toyota ETIOS because of the faith that I had in their Quality and Customer support. But I am not even let down in both the fields but I feel cheated that Toyota is inconsiderate to my problems.

It appears that Toyota is interested only in making the ETIOS and selling it to me and not caring for its customer and problems. “Toyota” thinks that they have produced a car and it has to be the best. This reflects the over confidence of Toyota in their products. This can be there because Toyota has produced some vehicles running successfully around the globe. I also appreciate Innova,Qualis,Camry,Corolla etc which are built as per International standards and are running successfully all across the globe.

But in Indian context ETIOS is a disaster and the vibrations and noise in the ETIOS make it feel like passenger is sitting inside the tractor. Weather gaskets missing from all 4 doors. Noise from engine and road inside the cabin. Low fuel economy, stepney is not alloy wheel, single remote unit, single wiper which does not cover the wind-shied adequately. Singe reverse parking bulb makes it difficult at night. Reverse gear produces noise. Brakes take delay time to completely apply. Etc.

I have lost trust on the Quality of Toyota. I don’t want to pay for the incapable and poor design by Toyota. [frustration]

Why certain group of people are defending Toyota on the Internet media?
The problems in Toyota ETIOS can not be resolved unless they are discussed in forums and accepted positively by Toyota ETIOS Engineers.

Hi @Munish, really sad to hear about you Etios.

I always thought to consider Etios whenever I go for an upgrade from my i10 [anger], but after hearing all these pain points I've dropped this from my check list.

Really disappointed by the absence of weather gasket in a 7L car [surprise], even a low priced car have these things.

munish sorry to hear that your etios is not meeting your expectations.haven't you taken aTD before going in for etios. i too had thought of buying it. but the cheap plastics & flimsy body made me change my mind after the TD. the sales executive had told me that its a toyota that we are giving you at this price when i had pointed the defects. why don't you sell it off at the earliest as now there is a big demand for the car before the prices in second hand market starts to fall.
How Dare that SE says that he gives a toyota for the price?(!!!) You should have told him that Maruti will give more than what it should at less price.Those(Toyota) people should be ashamed to hear.

This review has helped others a lot,But sorrows to this owner[shock]

Hello @ Munish have an early morning drive on your Etios for one week and you will start loving it. Familiarity makes things better [sleep]
Etios is a nice car with it's price and Toyota's reliability. If you are looking for more comfort and features in a Toyota Sedan you are better to go for a Corolla.:sorry:
Your problem with Etios is due to high expectations than the reality. Happy Miles
I dont think he was expecting RR quality at anytime.[confused] And Toyota was the one who did advertise 'Q class' which they meant to be Quality Class. He did not see that anywhere and so he's speaking his mind out and letting others know about his experiences I presume. I dont see him at fault or to be blamed here.

Last edited:

Top Bottom