Number of Problems in Brand New Toyota Etios

I know about toyoto ETIOS brand through my battery guy itself
my M800 has some issues with battery cables after 12 years of running and I had taken same to battery guy for checkup and replacement
when asked him which car brand comes to his shop for regular treatment
he mentioned toyota etios and tata cars
he added that these cars always come with battery, alternator and wiring issues to him
he sometimes added the new cars would for checkup repair and replacement work
I made up my mind never to go with these brands

the problem with etios being the car offers low margins to the SE, so maybe in a bid to look for a better customer, they might not be that prompt to entertain your query.

the fact is apart from etios and maybe the corolla and camry, their other product namely innova and fortuner have more sales and maybe better margins for the dealers.
The SA did not turn up on 3rd. So I gave him a call on 4th and asked about it. He said that he had not got any intimation, though the SMS had come from his mobile number. Anyway we fixed 8th Oct for the TD and he did not turn up either.
Guess the margins are really very low, however how can they neglect the two cars (Etios & E Liva) that make 30% of their monthly sales (12115 in Sep'12).

If this is the experience while selling, I shudder to think what will happen after you have already bought one of their products. If they want to remain a luxury segment player why target the budget hatch/sedan space at all?

It is indeed sad to know. It is the same case with me. They promised me to bring a TD vehicle to my place on 25th Sep. They called me couple of times to reschedule, after that no response. I aked for Etios TD vehicle. Anyway after this experience, I won't buy a Toyota from the same dealer here in Bangalore.

I guess Hyundai is prompt and their customer service is far better to compare.

It is indeed sad to know. It is the same case with me. They promised me to bring a TD vehicle to my place on 25th Sep. They called me couple of times to reschedule, after that no response. I aked for Etios TD vehicle. Anyway after this experience, I won't buy a Toyota from the same dealer here in Bangalore.

I guess Hyundai is prompt and their customer service is far better to compare.
With which dealer in bangalore did you have this issue? Because for me, the case was a little different. I had contacted around 5 dealers in bangalore of the 11 available to get the best deal. Due to that, i had to deal with their repetitive calls to check for TDs and my decision. Finally i did select on a particular dealer who gave me the best offers.

If you ask me, it depends a lot on the sales guy who calls you. Its their rigor and follow ups which drive things. For me, i had to deal with dealers fighting with each other to give the best offer. I had to stop picking up calls as i am very bad at saying No [:)]

Myetios Munishji I just want you to know your writings have not all gone unseen, nor will I even try to tell you to cope with the problems or say you are wrong. I totally identify with the emotion with which you purchased your car and the disappointment that ensued, by no means it is easy to deal with such attrocities done to you by Toyota. I request others also not to justify this to me or to this man, there are no excuses.. bottomline!! This is not a case of lemon either, going by my other sources this so called Quality company has only manufactured a series of lemons (nimbuwale ke dukan) in their so called affordable car Etios.

Munishji I request you to just take action either to solve a few of those innumerable problems or to just make a sale of it, and never have to worry about such impossible problems again. Its clear now that the company will take no responsibility for it nor will they admit to it, all they might say is "you saw it before you bought it, so dont complain"

Its shocking and quite an eye opener also might I add.. if this model were present in U.S they would have gone bankrupt with the number of civil lawsuits flying at their face, each claiming a million $. Do keep me posted

Etios Liva GD owner

I purchased the Liva GD this month. Being a diesel I expected it to make a lot of noise. And the TD car sure did. But it was not the deal breaker for me. Even the interiors are quite ok for me. The car which was delivered to me is very smooth touchwood. When the windows are rolled up I can hardly hear the engine. I think Toyota has improved a great deal from the time the etios was launched. So maybe the newer lot is a lot better.

Re: Etios Liva GD owner

I purchased the Liva GD this month. Being a diesel I expected it to make a lot of noise. And the TD car sure did. But it was not the deal breaker for me. Even the interiors are quite ok for me. The car which was delivered to me is very smooth touchwood. When the windows are rolled up I can hardly hear the engine. I think Toyota has improved a great deal from the time the etios was launched. So maybe the newer lot is a lot better.
Rajiv - I second you. For me, its been close to 40 days since i bought my Petrol Etios Liva G version (with the new beige interiors). I can say for sure that am very happy with the purchase. I haven't faced any issues with the ride quality and comfort as of now. Its one of the most comfortable hatch backs available in India as of now.

The interiors may not be the best among the available ones (if you compare it with I20, polo, fabia etc). But its surely something with which i can live with. What i look for in this car is - Excellent comfort, loads of space, great ride quality, mileage (getting around 14+ after first service in bangalore roads), hassle free ownership experience, excellent ASS, Toyota reliability and low cost of spare parts.

There are always cars like i20, polo, fabia, jazz, punto etc available for those who are looking for great looking interiors and features and an enthsiastic feel. I would strongly recommend them not to consider etios liva. But if you are looking for the above mentioned qualities i wrote for my liva and are fine with its average interiors and dashboard design, you can go for the Toyota hatch back with your eyes closed.

A highly recommended car for those looking for hassle free ownership experience clubbled with excellent ASS from Toyota at a price range of 5.5 to 6.25 (G SP version petrol).

Hi anand nice to know you are happy with your buy. its a no frills car and suited for someone who wants an allrounder without all the bells and whistles. I personally went for the GD model apart from all the obvious reasons (space, mileage etc.) are for the brakes with ABS and EBD. its a must for long highway drives.

Hi anand nice to know you are happy with your buy. its a no frills car and suited for someone who wants an allrounder without all the bells and whistles. I personally went for the GD model apart from all the obvious reasons (space, mileage etc.) are for the brakes with ABS and EBD. its a must for long highway drives.
Yes, very true. And the good part about Liva was that they were offering ABS with EBD and Airbags even in the Mid variant G version (G SP). In my opinion, for petrol Liva, G SP version is the most VFM variant as it has almost all features that comes in the V and VX variants except side bumpers, steering audio controls and alloy wheels. And the cost difference between G SP and VX variant is too high. i don't think any sensible person will go for the Etios LIVA VX as they can easily save that 1.3 lakhs rupees and install whatever he feels from the dealer by paying for them.

For example, i installed the roof spoiler for 10K. JVC touchscreen audio system with reverse camera was given to me by the dealer at a discount of 13 K. All the chrome venting in the interiors were done for free by them. So basically speaking, my interiors look just as same as the VX variant. No difference. The only thing i don't have is Alloy wheels and the side skirts and front skirts which i am totally fine with instead of spending 1.3 lakhs extra for them.

I have toyota etios which is disappointing me since I bought it. it has the big issue in fuel injectors and having problems in engine starting. Where should I repair it- in local mechanical gerage or in service agency?.

Re: The New Toyota Etios "V" Initial Ownership Review

mukeshus
Thanks for contacting.I avoid writing at websites because there are some professionals who are biased and they make personal insulting remarks on the person writing reviews. To avoid this and still continue to highlight my issues I have uploaded my personal website to share my viewpoints and now some other customers are also contributing. Yes, I have complained about my issues at: How did I lodge my Toyota etios complaint? | www.myetios.com

You can also find a FAQ, which the dealers are using to suppress the customer objections. We all trust Toyota and we easily get convinced with the dealer. I also experienced the same. Dealer was able to give me reasoning for every problem, but when I faced them daily, I could not agree to them and highlighted to Toyota VOC. But Toyota VOC response is same as the dealer. No solution only sympathy because now I have made the payment and they have sold the vehicle. I want my money refunded , and do not agree to be penalised because of poor quality of ETIOS.
Not able to go to link myetios.com

We have recently purchase Etios Liva Limited edition (Petrol). There were a few issues which are on the way to being sorted out, however, the main grouse i have is that the car struggles to cope up with inclines and ghats with 4 ppl on board. Car has run for 1500 KMs. what could be the issue. On this front Toyota seems to have let us down.

We have recently purchase Etios Liva Limited edition (Petrol). There were a few issues which are on the way to being sorted out, however, the main grouse i have is that the car struggles to cope up with inclines and ghats with 4 ppl on board. Car has run for 1500 KMs. what could be the issue. On this front Toyota seems to have let us down.
Chill, the car is still new and in it's running in which means the parts needs time to be adjusted to running in the roads, will get a lot better after first oil change.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Chill, the car is still new and in it's running in which means the parts needs time to be adjusted to running in the roads, will get a lot better after first oil change.
I for one think there is no relation to first service for anything. The car will give same mileage , same driveability from the very beginning.

@ vicky-- can you please tell us more about the other issues.
I would like to share that even my verna felt strained going uphill whereas my i10 used to climb without a problem. I don't think there is anything you can do regarding that.

Top Bottom