Now India To Host Contender Round of WRC By 2013!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Not even a month has passed of the first ever Indian F1 GP in New Delhi (BTW, It is announced as best organized F1 event of 2011) - Here is another fantastic news for motorsport and automotive enthusiasts to rejoice. Just read a tweet by Sirish Chandran (Editor of Overdrive) that FIA wants India to host a contender round of the WRC "no later than 2013", says Viky Chandhok. I can sense some celebrating times ahead. [clap]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow! @350Z, Thanks for sharing such an exciting news! This is really awesome for Indian motor-sport. All political babus who were making ridiculous comments during F1 saying "its wasteful investment for India" should shut their mouths now. It has provided a great recognition for India in World motor-sport. Now if WRC contender round also happens, its truly celebration times ahead for moto enthusiast [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
This is still in a contemplation stage. So I think venue has not been decided at the moment. Volkswagen will participate in WRC 2013 with 296 BHP Polo TSi.

4-VW-Polo-R-WRC-82.jpg

5-VW-Polo-R-WRC-82.jpg

6-VW-Polo-R-WRC-82.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is going to be even better than F1[clap], Believe me. Will go to see this no matter where it happens(Well let me cross my fingers and hope that nothing nails me down when it actually happens.).

And that Polo looks awesome!

Last edited:
This is going to be even better than F1[clap], Believe me. Will go to see this no matter where it happens(Well let me cross my fingers and hope that nothing nails me down when it actually happens.).

And that Polo looks awesome!
Yeah,this will be much better than F1.
Happy to hear the news.[:D]
And that 296hp makes me like this-[shock]

polo 296bhp [surprise] amazing news guys!! wrc will be more bigger than f1 and well authorities also dont need to make track because every road in india is wrc like track!!

Well the news sounds good, but an APRC contender event held last year failed big time.. it was the failure of the organiser mainly, but seriously yearn for one such event :)

Just keeping fingers crossed!

Top Bottom