Now Hyundai Under Threat of Strike

Thread Starter #1
Strikes, which caused havoc at Maruti Suzuki, are likely to return again. This time it is Hyundai.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...undais-chennai-plant/articleshow/10919843.cms

Trouble is brewing at Hyundai Motor India Ltd's (HMIL) plant in Chennai with a section of workers threatening to go on strike from on Wednesday demanding reinstatement of 18 sacked colleagues.

Hyundai Motor India Employees Union (HMIEU), which is not recognised by the management, is insisting that the workers, who have not been taken back under a tripartite agreement signed in December last year, must be reinstated.

"What we want is that the dismissed employees must be reinstated. We are planning to strike in front of the plant tomorrow," HMIEU Honorary President A Soundararajan told PTI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they might have good stocks so no need to worry initially abut if strikes stretch long then its problematic for sure.

Strike in Hyundai is not new.If I am correct in last 2 years there had been couple of strike happened.

Hi NH08
See I don't think so strike will be possible and yes dodge_v1per maruti had very big strike and it was for long time but strike leader has left the company after taking Rs 40 lakh in settlement. The 14-day-long strike at the plant, causing an estimated over Rs 700 crore loss.

Top Bottom