Now Hyundai Joins "Cross" Bandwagon with Elite i20 Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Spied – IAB reader snaps a new Hyundai Elite i20 ‘cross’ testing in Chennai

Elite-based cross, if launched, will rival the Etios Cross, Cross Polo and Avventura.

Indian Autos Blog reader, Mr. Mohamed Shahid Hussain, has spotted a rough-road variant of the Hyundai Elite i20 testing near Chennai.

An i20-based crossover indeed threw us a surprise, as Hyundai India plans to launch a proper compact SUV next year by the way of the Hyundai ix25. So what’s the need for a jazzed-up hatchback, one may ask.

Can anybody confirm that those are projector headlamps that i am seeing in the spy pics?

Read more: Hyundai Elite i20 Cross spotted on test in Chennai

Attachments

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Re: Hyundai Elite i20: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

They certainly look like projector lights. But there is no guarantee that they'll make it to the finl version.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Now Hyundai To Join "Cross" Bandwagon: Elite i20 Cross Spied

It is highly likely now that the forthcoming Elite i20 Cross from Hyundai shall be having projector headlamps.

As it will be the range-completing model, the Elite Cross gets projector headlights. It is indeed a surprise that Hyundai wants to launch a crossover based on the Elite, given that it plans to introduce the ix25 compact SUV anyway. Hyundai’s strategy may seek to position the Elite Cross against cars like the Avventura, Etios Cross and Cross Polo (sub-4m pseudo crossovers), while the ix25 would be priced higher and will compete with C-Segment SUVs Duster, Terrano, Scorpio and the SX4 S-Cross.
Link

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Team,

Here is a rendering of the Hyundai's Elite i20 cross.

Hyundai-Elite-i20-cross-IAB-rendering-1024x731.jpg

Hyundai-Elite-i20-Petrol-Review-interior-1024x677.jpg

The Elite Cross gets petal-shaped alloys, roof tails, skid plates and side body molding in addition to projector lights.
IAB

Regards

Akash

Super design.Elite i20 Cross will be a good rival for Toyota etios cross and fiat avventura.[:)]

The 'Elite Cross' spied again, testing the handling of the Elite i20 Cross is now in Ooty,as the road has lots of hairpin bends and corners. Taking the Elite i20 cross to Ooty also helps the company to conduct the cold weather test. Like other Cross models, Hyundai hasn’t made drastic changes for the Elite i20.
IMG-20141123-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20141123-WA0006.jpg
The Elite i20 Cross gets skid guard finished in Silver on the front and rear. Hyundai has also added LED DRLs in the headlamps . To give the muscular feel, the Elite i20 Cross comes with body cladding, new alloywheels and the ground clearance is more than the regular i20. The rear design is carried over from the regular i20 except for the new badges. The Elite i20 Cross is expected to be based on the top end models, so we can expect all the features to be carried over.
Hyundai Elite i20 Cross Spied In Ooty | Fly-Wheel

Sounds like my next car (provided it is launched by March next year).

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Team,

Hyundai's Elite i20 Cross shall be coming with better ground clearance than the existing Elite i20 and shall be having better braking too.

On the mechanical front, it is expected to make use of the 1.2-litre petrol, 1.4-litre petrol and the 1.4-litre diesel. The upgrades here would come in the form of increased ground clearance and improved braking system featuring bigger front disc calipers.

The i20-based crossover is expected to be priced higher than the Elite i20 by at least Rs 50,000 to Rs 70,000. The vehicle will be launched sometime next year.
[URL="http://www.carwale.com/news/16816-hyundai-i20based-crossover-to-have-increased-ground-clearance-and-improved-braking.html]Link[/URL]

Regards

Akash

Any latest updates regarding Elite i20 Cross. It is supposed to be launched around early 2015. If its coming before February, I might change the booking of the i20 to this one. I have to wait for 2-3 months for i20 Asta which was booked.
Waiting for more details. Media reports it launching Early 2015.

Are you sure you want to go for these Pseudo 'Crosses'? Why not see the S Cross before deciding on this?
Just had thoughts about i20 Cross. Haven't seen the car without camouflage. Have seen S Cross and quite like it. It will be priced competitively and will be VFM. Will also wait for media drives & other things before considering it. Regarding i20 Cross, I don't have any idea of how it looks. Will go for it only if it is better looking then normal i20.

Just had thoughts about i20 Cross. Haven't seen the car without camouflage. Have seen S Cross and quite like it. It will be priced competitively and will be VFM. Will also wait for media drives & other things before considering it. Regarding i20 Cross, I don't have any idea of how it looks. Will go for it only if it is better looking then normal i20.
OT: On S Cross - speculated to come wiith the K14 petrol, 1.3DDIS and 1.6 MJD. Prices could start at 8 lakhs and top variant (AWD) could touch 14 lakhs

How much is the market for these Cross products?

Hyundai is already doing good with i20 elite with monthly sales in 8- 10K.
Is there a immediate need for a Cross product? I doubt. I guess the launch may be a year away when the elite i20 sales reach the maturity a Cross may do the trick to increase the sales.

Hyundai's i20 Cross continues testing, now in Chennai.

201412-Hyundai_i20_Cross_1.jpg
201412-Hyundai_i20_Cross_2.jpg
201412-Hyundai_i20_Cross_3.jpg
201412-Hyundai_i20_Cross_4.jpg

The i20 Cross is just a beefed-up variant of Hyundai's premium hatchback that was launched recently in India.
Cosmetic changes on the outside of the car include projector headlights, plastic cladding on the doors and over the wheel arches, roof rails and newly-designed alloy wheels, all of which can be seen in the pictures that we have shot. Additionally, LED Daytime Running Lights, skid plates in the front and rear and an increased ground clearance could be part of the kit too.
The engines, interiors and rest of the mechanicals are likely to be carried over from the regular i20. Though Hyundai hasn't confirmed this yet, both the 1.2-liter petrol and 1.4-liter diesel engines could be offered in the i20 Cross, making it a strong contender in the sub-4m crossover segment.
ANYTHING ON WHEELS

Hyundai Elite Cross spied again! Launch expected in Mid 2015.
hyundai-i20-cross-1_678x352_41420442853.jpg
hyundai-i20-cross-2_650x352_51420442829.jpg
The i20 crossover, though based on the premium hatchback, manages to look like a proper crossover and not just an extended hatchback. The vehicle's height and ground clearance have been increased to give it a pseudo-SUV like stance and will also help the car handle uneven roads and potholes with ease. It also gets bigger alloy wheels than its hatchback sibling, additional body cladding and more aggressive front and rear profiles. That said, the most significant changes could be made to the rear of the car.
Interiors are expected to get a sportier and more feature-rich cabin than the hatchback.
Hyundai i20 Crossover Spotted Testing; Might Launch Soon - News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom