Now Hyundai Joins "Cross" Bandwagon with Elite i20 Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Now Hyundai To Join "Cross" Bandwagon: Elite i20 Cross Spied

i20 Active will be launched in five variants 2 petrol and 3 diesel

And it will be marginally cheaper than the Elite i20
Seriosly?? Cheaper than Elite i20?? That too with additional features. Highly unlikely. Do you have any source backing up this info??

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriosly?? Cheaper than Elite i20?? That too with additional features. Highly unlikely. Do you have any source backing up this info??
Yes i am serious and i have the price list which i can't make public

2 variants for petrol are Base and S

3 variants for diesel are Base, S and SX

I too was shocked to see the prices

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for sharing this interesting information. What's the source (official or from elsewhere)? Could you disclose the list of features and some pictures if available?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Really interesting. I can understand that you cannot make the prices public but do you have the feature list?? Can you reveal that?? Just curious - may be Hyundai has eliminated some features in Elite i20 from i20 Active. If they are giving the same / extra features at a reduced price, I expect this car to take the market by storm.

Your information has made my wait for this car more eager.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Mods

Looks like ACI is in Goa to drive the i20 Active. Not sure if this is the media drive happening. Saw this in ACI twitter handle and wanted to share here. Is TAI also there driving the new car or is ACI is getting a exclusive first drive here. Please do let us know your updates if you are also there.

Attached the pic below.

ACI_i20_Active.png

Looks like it was a proper media drive itself. Overdrive has already posted its review and picture gallery

Some of the interesting bits which were not known before.

• 2 Interior trims - Blue + Black dual tone and Black interiors with Orange trim
  • Fog lamp has cornering lamp function
  • GC is 190 mm which is less than Avventura and Ecosport but higher than Cross Polo and Etios Cross
  • OD says the body-roll is much controlled and less than other Cross cars
  • Revised gear-ratios + slightly different tuning results in better low-end drivability
  • There will be less variants - probably 2 each for petrol and diesel
  • Satin finish fuel cap and roof rails
  • Sporty aluminium ABC pedals

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

TAI also there driving the new car or is ACI is getting a exclusive first drive here. Please do let us know your updates if you are also there.
Yup. We'll share some live updates tomorrow. BTW official launch of i20 Active is on 17th (on 18th, it's in Mumbai).

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Your information about variants is correct but the statement that it'll be cheaper than Elite i20 is not (officially confirmed).

Sharing a few interesting observations from media drive (apart from what's already shared):

> Spare wheel is an alloy, even in base variant.

> Engineers have maintained a strong focus on ride and handling since GC and suspension is retuned.

> Some of the major feature highlights are: DRLs, projector + cornering lamps, sporty aluminum pedals, redesigned alloys etc.

> Two interior color options: Tangerine Orange and Aqua Blue. Former with bright exterior colors and latter in lighter ones.

> Final gear ratio increased for low and mid acceleration by 6% in Petrol and 11% in Diesel.

IMG_20150313_192033048_HDR.jpg

_20150313_193906.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@350z - what about the safety features ? Abs and airbags ?

And the blue color dash will look odd after a few months to the owner itself. The brown that the european model got would have been better.

350Z

Core Team

@350z - what about the safety features ? Abs and airbags ?

And the blue color dash will look odd after a few months to the owner itself. The brown that the european model got would have been better.
ABS and two airbags are available. There's a light tinge of blue on dash and doorpads but orange looks livelier.

PS: I'll post a snap of blue interiors tomorrow early morning if possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

I am attending the national launch of the New Hyundai i20 Active being held on 17th March 2015 at Delhi. Exclusive pics and Details assured as always!

unnamed.jpg

Regards

Akash

Hyundai i20 Active Launched in India.

Hyundai has launched the i20 Active in India starting at Rs 6.38 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the petrol model, and Rs 7.63 lakh for the diesel model.

Primarily cosmetic changes for the i20 Active include matte grey cladding around the base of the car, faux skid plates, roof rails and newly designed alloys. Other changes on the outside include new front and rear bumpers with round fog lamps, tweaked grille, projector headlamps with daytime-running lights and cornering lights, new fuel filler lid and glossy black C-pillar.

On the inside, the i20 Active continues with the well-appointed cabin of the standard hatchback, but with a new colour combination. Models with lighter exterior paint shades, get blue and black two-tone upholstery, while those with darker exterior colours, get an all-black cabin with certain accents finished in orange, including the gear lever.

Mechanically, Hyundai has increased the ground clearance by 20mm, to 190mm for the i20 Active. It retains the engines and the gearboxes from the hatchback. The petrol model uses an 82bhp 1.2-litre unit mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, while the diesel variant gets the 89bhp 1.4-litre unit mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Hyundai says that it has reworked the gearing in the i20 Active – both the petrol and the diesel versions – for better bottom end responses.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/hyundai-i20-active-launched-at-rs-638-lakh-393927.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom