Now Hyundai Joins "Cross" Bandwagon with Elite i20 Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Now Hyundai To Join "Cross" Bandwagon: Elite i20 Cross Spied

The car in 1st picture is definitely ix25, it does look like proper crossover. i20 Cross is in 2nd picture based on my guessing.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Latest reports from NDTV Auto suggest that Hyundai's Cross i20 is expected to launch in April-2015 and the ix25 shall arrive in 2nd half of the year.

NDTV AUTO

Regards

Akash

Hyundai i20 Cross coming in March 2015.
Hyundai i20 Cross to come with an altered look and higher ground clearance.
Apart from the de-rigueur extra cladding, the Cross also gets attractive roof rails, bigger wheels, and a new nose. The headlights, grille and chin have apparently been altered, and the ground clearance, of course, is higher. Hyundai is likely to use LEDs on this version of the i20 too.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/hyundai-i20-cross-coming-in-march-2015-392938.aspx

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Some insights straight from the horse's mouth:

> Launch and drive is happening early next month.

> Expected to be available in both, Petrol as well as Diesel versions

> Exterior dimensions will be same as existing model but will bear a macho look

> The “i20” brand name will be retained but with a different suffix / prefix (not yet disclosed)

> Major exterior differentiators will be roof rails, higher ground clearance, cladding, new alloys etc

> Hyundai is going to market it as a "new" product in a different segment (not as a pimped-up hatchback).

> On a different note, they have no plans to introduce automatic version of Elite i20 in general anytime soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

BREAKING!!! It is not i20 Cross, it is gonna be i20 Active!!!

Abhijeet More has posted the totally un-camouflaged photos of the Cross version of i20 with the badge i20 Active.

Below are the pictures.

i20_front.png

i20_rear.png

From the outside, it is clear that the i20 Active gets updated bumpers with skid plates both in the front and rear. It gets big round fog lamps in the front and big round fog lamps + reverse light in the rear. It also gets Projectors. The biggest visual change in the front, however, is the more aggressive inverted hexagonal grille similar to the European i20 Coupe. Personally, I like the front looks of this version better than the Elite i20.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

BREAKING!!! It is not i20 Cross, it is gonna be i20 Active!!!
What a Catch Vignesh[clap]. This cross looks really aggressive both from front and rear. The design suits it. If I compare it with Avventura, then personally this looks really competitive in looks. Were there any interior pics too? The color of the car suits it really very nicely.

Thanks a lot for sharing buddy!!

Regards

Akash

What a Catch Vignesh. This cross looks really aggressive both from front and rear. The design suits it. If I compare it with Avventura, then personally this looks really competitive in looks. Were there any interior pics too? The color of the car suits it really very nicely.

Thanks a lot for sharing buddy!!
Thanks Akash!!! But the Credit goes to Abhijeet More. I found these pictures in the internet and did my duty to share it with this forum.

Really liked the new looks. Additionally, this variant gets the stub antenna and glossy black (??) C-piillar which looks more premium IMO. Not sure if the roof rails are usable like in Avventura or simply cosmetic. The fuel cap looks odd and not in body color - looks like it has some contours on it also, any inputs on that??

Unfortunately could not find any interior pics [sad] Hope this gets a more sporty interior and a touch-screen HU (dont think it will be there just hoping, as it is not even present in Verna).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25

complete set of 18 pics from RUSHLANE

Attachments

This looks like a '' Sophisticated yet practical hatch '' at the best. Will surely attract buyers looking for Fiat Aventura and Etios cross. The I20 Active will any day win over these two in terms of features, looks, comfort and interior quality.

On other note, I really wonder how Hyundai manages so many new launches and their inventories, service, parts, etc, as one can see on an average they launch more than 7 to 8 new cars in a year, If I am not wrong [surprise]

Engine wise there would be no changes so the 1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel would be carried over from the hatch with only a manual gearbox on offer. The suspension though has been upgraded so that its ride and handling balance is not affected thanks to the increased ground clearance

Hyundai i20 Active First Review, India launch - Motor Trend India

Hyundai to officially launch i20 Active on 17th March.

The continues to get powered by the same set of petrol and diesel engines that come with the Elite i20 but the power figures are yet to be known. There is a possibility that Hyundai may work on the engine to bump the power output to balance the increased weight of the car due to the cladding and added parts
Exclusive: Hyundai to officially launch i20 Active on 17th March | Gaadi.com

Thread Starter #29

Hyundai has announced that it will launch the i20 Active in India on March 18, 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

i20 Active will be launched in five variants 2 petrol and 3 diesel

And it will be marginally cheaper than the Elite i20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom