Now 4x4 Available Tata Safari EX and GX

Thread Starter #1
Today I noticed something different on Tata Safari website.

now they are giving 4x4 options in both EX and GX B-)

will visit showroom today to confirm from there side also

350Z

Core Team
That’s a really interesting find but they have apparently not mentioned about it anywhere on the website except for the price column. I will wait for more updates from you in this regard. Also don’t forget to inquire about the Merlin.

Drive Safe,
350Z

before 4x4 wasn't even mentioned on price list look like XUV made Tata to bring back 4x4 option
I posted this info on the Merlin thread yesterday, but anyway thanks mastersquall for bringing this thread.
Now on to the 4x4 Safari, SAFARI 4X4 has a real 4x4 system with Limited slip Differential with lock mechanism and low ratio 4x4 gearbox. It gives it an uncanny advantage in the sense that under PAJERO there are no true 4x4 SUVs only cars with on demand AWD which really makes them a soft roader rather than KING OF MUD AND SLUSH.

Way to go TATA. [clap]

Thread Starter #5
went to showroom and asked them detail .

they haven't got any on-road price list but they say it will take 3week to 1month for delivery

about merlin he said that senior told him that car will release in feb

they haven't got any on-road price list but they say it will take 3week to 1month for delivery

will be unveiled in JAN Delhi auto expo 2011, yep sales will begin in FEB 2011.

Thread Starter #7
after seeing 4X4 option i am trying to find good dealer who would give me good discount on EX 4X4 but no discount till now but free insurance on 4X2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just have patience buddy and wait for the Merlin, trust me its going to be the best SUV( read real SUV) of INDIA till date, just wait for merlin and you are in for a pleasant surprise.

hmmm but you said that it will be soft rider if i remember
Yes that was their earlier plan, but as per my info ,tata are now planning for low ratio 4x4 model for Merlin as well ,as a counter move to XUV, though it may take them some time to launch this version,but still even in 4x2 version trust me its worth a wait. Just have patience till New Delhi Auto Expo 2011 and all your queries regarding this vehicle will be positively answered.Actually you mis-understood me, what I meant that it will have ARIA like chassis and suspension to make it more dynamic on road.

BTW: Even with low travel suspension for better ride/handling still MERLIN will be a SUV based upon Ladder Chassis,so its unfair to call it a soft -roader IMO.

are they making it on order only??

Thread Starter #12
Yes that was their earlier plan, but as per my info ,tata are now planning for low ratio 4x4 model for Merlin as well ,as a counter move to XUV, though it may take them some time to launch this version,but still even in 4x2 version trust me its worth a wait. Just have patience till New Delhi Auto Expo 2011 and all your queries regarding this vehicle will be positively answered.Actually you mis-understood me, what I meant that it will have ARIA like chassis and suspension to make it more dynamic on road.

BTW: Even with low travel suspension for better ride/handling still MERLIN will be a SUV based upon Ladder Chassis,so its unfair to call it a soft -roader IMO.
:-\ I have been waiting since last year even mahindra released there car but Tata >_> . I don't know how long will my accent can take torture just driving it factory road for 1 month has made it rattle lot and lot things has broken down

are they making it on order only??
no idea I didn't asked him that but that's what he told me that you will get car within 20-30 days

Top Bottom