Skoda November 2018 Indian Car Sales

Skoda.png

Tata Motors November 2018 Indian Car Sales

Tata-Motors.png

Toyota November 2018 Indian Car Sales

Toyota.png

Volkswagen November 2018 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen.png

The market slowing down considerably in Nov'18, all the companies total sales in negative except Maruti due to New Gen Ertiga and just positive figure of Compass.

Thanks for the detailed analysis. My 2 cents here.

1. MSIL is leading all the way no matter what. With the commitment they showed for India in brining the word class products, they deserve it.
2. Hyundai has a good month with Santro. They seems to have discontinued the Eon, which I believe is a bad move. They should have continue it with its 800 cc engine.
3. Tata, M&M the desi brands are neck to neck. Santro doesn't seems to affect Tiago sales. These both companies have an aggressive 2018.
4. What happened to Amaze? The drop in sales is apprx 40%. When I went to TD Amaze petrol in automatic, the executive there in Honda hardly cares and said that they don't have the vehicle. Attitude was buy it without TD or leave our showroom. (Harmony Honda, Mohali).
5. Ford needs to bring in some good discounts here with aggressive marketing to pull the customers back to there dealerships. Did 2018 EcoSport receive any NCAP ratings?
6. FCA as usual is lethargic in bringing new products after creating initial hype of Compass. They should have bring in new Renegade in India to compete it with Creta. They are too shy to close Fiat operations as it may hamper Jeep sales.
7. Renault, Nissan and Datsun needs to revamp not only there portfolio but there dealerships as well. Nissan, please keep your margins to bare minimum level when pricing Kicks, the only product which can save them.
8. Germans VW, Skoda are waiting for there 2.0 products and 2020 BS VI to kick in.

Recently, I bought Alto K10 with airbag and the only thing which pushes me in choosing Alto over Eon or Kwid was the dealership experience. Companies should take the customer dealership experience very seriously and should rectify it in case of any reported issues from the customers.

Neck to neck fight between similarly priced Tiago, Santro and Celerio. With the XZ+ launched I expect Tiago to be slightly above Celerio and Santro in sales as for Manual variant its a better, bigger and safer car overall. For Auto, Santro should rule the other two.
Compass seems to be losing its shine.
Captur seems dead now and might be discontinued.
KUV100 seems to be now in danger zone.
Innova seems to be affected by Marazzo. Marazzo is a superb offering by Mahindra. I hope it becomes available in rental cars I would take it in a go when I need a 6-7 seater. 60%+ sales of Innova's sales is from commercial and Marazzo has a fair chance of taking this share. Even in my office cabs, many cabs are now Marazzo as it makes better economic sense buying it. Also it has better FE than Innova and is only slightly smaller from inside.
Mahindra is going very low now. Except Marazzo all their other offereings have become boring. Hope the compact SUV makes their case.
Amaze sales fall drastically after the initial hype is over. Looks like would settle in the 3-4k range in a couple of months

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
SIAM Sales Summary Report: November 2018

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png [/justify]​

Production

The industry produced a total 21,945,408 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-November 2018 as against 19,502,502 in April-November 2017, registering a growth of 12.53 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sale of Passenger Vehicles grew by 4.90 percent in April-November 2018 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, the sales of Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicle & Vans grew by 5.03 percent, 3.19 percent and 11.43 percent respectively in April-November 2018 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 31.49 percent in April-November 2018 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) increased by 34.45 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 29.73 percent in April-November 2018 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales increased by 25.16 percent in April-November 2018 over the same period last year. Within the Three Wheelers, Passenger Carrier sales registered a growth of 28.36 percent and Goods Carrier grew by 12.06 percent in April-November 2018 over April-November 2017.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 10.69 percent in April-November 2018 over April-November 2017. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 5.77 percent, 13.65 percent and 6.40 percent respectively in April-November 2018 over April-November 2017.

Exports

In April-November 2018, overall automobile exports grew by 20.78 percent. While Passenger Vehicles exports declined by (-) 6.00 percent, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered a growth of 18.84 percent, 59.29 percent and 22.60 percent respectively in April-November 2018 over the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom