November 2014 Sales Figures of Cars in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing November-2014 with October-2014:
Nov2014 Maruti(100024)|Hyundai(35511)|Honda(15263)|Mahindra(13765)|Toyota(12167)|Tata(12021)

Oct2014 Maruti(97069)|Hyundai(38010)|Mahindra(19154)|Honda(13242)|Toyota(12556)|Tata(11511)

Change in third position!!
Honda came to third position.

Mahindra should launch their new products early or they will loose the plot.Bolero,mini suv,are all in the research phase.

Bolero is there top selling product first time I am looking there monthly sales dropped to 6000. Really a warning sign

Glad to see that the Zest is growing slowly and steadily. I hope it gives good fight to Hyundai Xcent.

Looking forward the launch of Bolt to change the game of TATA and an Indian Automobile.

Wow. Still City is maintaining the min.no of 7200 and above on production month. As of now no sign of pulling the market by Ciaz. Need to see in further months.

All the recently launched cars,ie Ciaz,Zest,new i20 are doing well.Now customers are prefering new launches,instead of old models

Comparing November-2014 with October-2014:
Nov2014 Maruti(100024)|Hyundai(35511)|Honda(15263)|Mahindra(13765)|Toyota(12167)|Tata(12021)

Oct2014 Maruti(97069)|Hyundai(38010)|Mahindra(19154)|Honda(13242)|Toyota(12556)|Tata(11511)

Change in third position!!
Honda came to third position.
I guess, Honda will most probably maintain this spot for some more time. Now they have 2 shifts running in both their plants and that makes the maximum production capability of 20k vehicles per month. I guess they can now deliver their cars with very low waiting at least until Jazz is launched.

Good to see Zest catching up the numbers, i think people have realized that this is a complete VFM car. If TATA doesn't mess up with deliveries/ASS then Zest can easily retain 2nd positions in terms of sales.

Thanks Vibhor for the details.

Maruti on top retaining 50% top slot. Their strategy is also in direct direction to bring in cars in new segments. Don't see any formidable challenge in near future

Elite i20 is a grand success for Hyundai. But they need to bring in Verna upgrade at the earliest.

Honda recapturing 3rd position. We can expect Honda to consistently clock 15k+ in near future.

Wake up call for Mahindra. Hope they will turn the tide around.

Good come back by Tata. Hope with impending Bolt they will move to fifth position in December replacing Toyota.

Thanks a lot Vibhor for the great thread we all wait eagerly every month.

Except Maruti, Honda and TATA all other Cos had (-)ve MoM figures. Can someone throw some light on this ?

Good to see that so many members are eagerly following Zest's growth. TATA's loss of 400+ Safari sales offset by Nano and Zest. Will they be really happy ?

Month after month, Fiat Fans and Buyers vroom here only to see the sad status. I think the manufacturer is not so concerned as the supporter is.

A crazy thought:- Combined sales of Amaze/Xcent/Zest (at 11044 nos) still lag behind Dzire's tally of 14009. Likewise, Swift (17900 nos) leads the combined i20 and Polo (13395 nos.) by a very good margin. When the combined nos are more than that of the leader, Maruti may offer more safety features in LXi/LDi/VXi/VDi variants [;)]. Is it time Maruti supporters start the campaign in favour of competitors (to benefit Maruti buyers in the end)? [thinking].

Last edited:
Hi TAI-ers,

I have been following sale's figure threads for as long as I remember but off late I have been thinking about these figures in a different, probably a more dissected way.

It's purely what I feel, kindly let me know if I am wrong in my approach

MSL has been the undisputed leader and will be, there is no denying of the fact but I think when we compare the sale's numbers of MSL let's say with VW then I feel there is a mismatch.

I have made a chart (a small one to start with).
Now, may be with the difference number of dealers across the country and places where there are only Maruti or Hyundai dealership the numbers are bound to increase.
Probably, the likes of VW/Skoda/Nissan etc aren't competing to be #1 just are here just to be here.

To me personally this kind (even more elaborate) of analysis of the sale's figure would probably throw more light on the performance of the manufacturers. It's really tough to comment just purely by the numbers.

Just a thought. [:)]

Attachments

Except Maruti, Honda and TATA all other Cos had (-)ve MoM figures. Can someone throw some light on this?
It's simple, people now-a-days are buying cars with some little research done from their end.

Other companies than you have mentioned also doesn't seem to be much interested in selling their cars also.

Good to see that so many members are eagerly following Zest's growth. TATA's loss of 400+ Safari sales offset by Nano and Zest. Will they be really happy ?
It is to be ascertained by a couple of months.

Month after month, Fiat Fans and Buyers vroom here only to see the sad status. I think the manufacturer is not so concerned as the supporter is.
That is an ugly truth if you ask.

A crazy thought:- Combined sales of Amaze/Xcent/Zest (at 11044 nos) still lag behind Dzire's tally of 14009. Likewise, Swift (17900 nos) leads the combined i20 and Polo (13395 nos.) by a very good margin. When the combined nos are more than that of the leader, Maruti may offer more safety features in LXi/LDi/VXi/VDi variants [;)]. Is it time Maruti supporters start the campaign in favour of competitors (to benefit Maruti buyers in the end)? [thinking].
I don't think that might work for people buying the desired car in the budget boundary, although an happy news is every vehicle coming out of the plant will posses ABS as standard feature.

Hi, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com, have a wonderful stay here.
[/QUOTE]

I have been following sale's figure threads for as long as I remember but off late I have been thinking about these figures in a different, probably a more dissected way.

It's purely what I feel, kindly let me know if I am wrong in my approach

To me personally this kind (even more elaborate) of analysis of the sale's figure would probably throw more light on the performance of the manufacturers. It's really tough to comment just purely by the numbers.

Just a thought. [:)]
That is a nice and deep observation,as the chart says these numbers differs in the region, whether urban or rural and most importantly how far the manufacturer has reached his customer.

......Innova is a genuine cash cow for Toyota with its bullet proof reliability. Even though it claims a premium it outsells competition. Fortuner continues its amazing run with 1500 copies, considering its a 30 lacs SUV. The front grill change has not changed the fortunes of the etios twins...lol.......
Wonder how they manage to sell innovas at a rate of 5k every month even they increase price every three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom