Volkswagen November 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
November 2014: SIAM Sales Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total of 1,994,248 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in November 2014 as against 1,774,474 in November 2013, registering a growth of 12.39 percent over the same month last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 2.68 percent in April-November 2014 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles segment, Passenger Cars and Utility Vehicles grew by 3.82 percent and 5.24 percent respectively, while Vans declined by (-) 13.70 percent in April-November 2014 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 7.27 percent in April-November 2014 as compared to same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) grew by 5.30 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 12.90 percent.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 14.20 percent in April-November 2014 over the same period last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers grew by 15.49 percent and 8.46 percent respectively in April-November 2014 over April-November 2013.

Two Wheelers sales registered growth of 11.84 percent in April-November 2014 over April-November 2013. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 28.19 percent, 6.58 percent and 9.84 percent respectively in April-November 2014 over April-November 2013.

Exports

In April-November 2014, overall automobile exports grew by 21.31 percent over the same period last year. Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers grew by 2.79 percent, 14.26 percent, 21.45 percent and 27.04 percent respectively during April-November 2014 over the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Much awaited thread. Thank you Vibhor.

City overtaking Ciaz by great Margin. Ertiga ahead of Mobilio. Small dent in Dzire sales because of Heavy Competition in CS segment.

Zest need to constantly perform for TATA to reduild their Product portfolio.

FORD don't even know to sell the New Fiesta. No test Drive vehicles in most of the cities.

Renault & Nissan need more products to boost sales.

Elite 120 is Hyundai's new face. Can see it everywhere.

Thanks Vibhor...

Elite i20 dethrones Bolero to claim 5th spot. Any reason why Bolero has gone from 8.5k avg to about 6.3k in Nov'14?

Zest reducing gap and marginally behind Xcent. Might overtake in Dec'14 and claim 2nd spot behind Dzire, which has suffered a minor dent. Zest is surely ahead of Amaze in terms interior quality, fit and finish. Amaze seems to be the odd man out in CS segment when it comes to interiors. Not everyone is keen in power.

City surpasses Ciaz. Might be production constraints considering the booking it had.

Punto has dropped by 50%? Avventura nos.?

Looks like Ecosport is loosing sheen. With potential launches from Maruti and Hyundai, tough battle ahead of Ford. Same will be the fate for Duster and Renault. FORD after a good 18 years in the Indian market has not taken any grip whatsoever. Just don't know what do with Fiesta, a competent product. Wonder what the Territory managers discuss in sales meets.

Glad to see TATA posting mom growth and slowly recovering lost ground. Bolt will further help this cause.
Aria clims at snail's pace.

All Mahindra products have degrown. Quanto is a sales dud. The niche Thar ousells Quanto 10:1

Innova is a genuine cash cow for Toyota with its bullet proof reliability. Even though it claims a premium it outsells competition. Fortuner continues its amazing run with 1500 copies, considering its a 30 lacs SUV. The front grill change has not changed the fortunes of the etios twins...lol

Chevy, VW, Skoda, Renault, Nissan - seem to be not interested.

Last edited:
Honda has now reclaimed the 3rd position from Mahindra, & Tata is fast filling up the numbers.With the launch of Bolt,Tata. & Honda will fight for the 3rd & 4th position

Finally many close ups for TATA MOTORS!

One - all set to claim second spot in the Sub 4M sedan space
Xcent 3899; zest 3835; Amaze 3310

Second - all set to climb 3 positions to 3rd spots in the sales front
Honda 15236; Mahindra 13765; Toyota 12167; Tata 12021
Bolt sells 4k a month in Jan and Zest does 4.5k, they will be much higher than the Hondas.

Last edited:
As expected zest climbing the spots.
Whats wrong with skoda and volkswagen?? Are they sedate in the market? Yet rapid sales better than vento. Honda wins in city and loses in amaze which will further drop due to crap interiors( a powerful car let down by cheap honda attitude).
Mahindra now drifting away downhill. Even the beast almighty XUV500 and Thar.
Well today i spotted a new scala in my city( guys its one among the 86 sold) looks like some industrialist is now gifting pulse. And Nissan just off the horizon.
MUL is pulled the right trick for swift and its just minting for them. And coming to ford, spotted a new fiesta sedan finally in my city roads. Finally. Guys finally, hurray. Hoping there will be a second one too.
Sloppy for most of oem. But happy news for hyundai, MUL, honda. So the ASIAN oem are showing their strong dominance in our Market.

Despite the face-lifted Punto (called EVO) and the Avventura, the sale figure of Punto are languishing at 600 mark[surprise]. I think Fiat should offer some of its successful models like 500 in India.
Probably the Italian giant doesn’t take the Indian Market seriously?
Good to see Zest outselling Amaze again, and inching close to Xcent. Aesthetics of the Zest, both external and particularly the interiors, are probably the reason.

honda Amaze and Mobillio outsold by the compition its bound to happen with the H strategy of poor interiors and sub par standard products at the H premium cost.
Market teaches the lessons in a hard way. if they want to be segment leader then they should upgrade the quality levels and interiors in both of these cars.

Swift increase is due to facelift and Dezire decrease may be due to facelift coming soon.

Last edited:
Pajero Sports details are missing. Also, the details of previous month. Few of my friends have taken Pajero Sports from South Kerala. Pajero sports sales gradually picking up in Kerala, as we can see more vehicles on the road.

Interesting month for me to watch these sales figures of cars.

First and foremost observation is that, Hyundai pulling down many other manufacturers from top 10 with their product line-up. Never knew i20 could grow up much sales, maybe the new version has impressed lots of prospect customers.

Mahindra, Except for XUV and Scorpio, they should concentrate upgrading or refurbish the on sale models. Don't know if their books registers the Verito Vibe, Quanto [surprise] so much of R&D hypes harvested them for nothing?
Bolero i guess they're coming up with something new, gotta wait for it.

Thar, quite interesting to see the constant ~500 figures month by month. I call it a lonely star!

Maruti, i don't need to comment anything about it, a good start on Ciaz and i guess this will soon go neck to neck with Honda City.

Fiat, usual news from them. Please share the numbers of Avventura if anyone manages to get them here.

On the Nissan and Renault's end, i only see Duster raising hand for 1k+ sales, what happened to the decent sales performers, The Terrano and Sunny?

Only Rapid is bringing home food to Skoda, Octavia doesn't seem to be interested to participate.

Tata motors concentrating only on Zest. Got to see the days ahead when they bring in the Bolt but not the Nano Active(or something). Storme sales going down 50% from last month, something needs for it.

Toyota making decent numbers on popular models, so nothing to write about it.

VW's polo is only the selling hatch.

Chevrolet, again Tavera is the only earning person here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom