NOC Cancellation Charges

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have a question which i think only you people can have an answer for.

I have a Karnataka (KA 51 M) registered M800 (E3) for which i had taken NOC when i shifted from Bangalore to Chandigarh (around 4 years back). I never used the NOC here till now and now when i tried i figured out that there is some validity for the NOC (it was not mentioned anywhere [confused]) of around 6 months. So the NOC was anyways expired, hence i decided to get it cancelled. Took hold of an Agent here in Chandigarh and got the needful cancellation done. I also asked him to get things done from Bangalore RTO with his contacts there. He now says that since i never used the NOC, bangalore RTO is asking for some late fees for the cancellation to be done there as well (the agent's counterpart in Bangalore told him this). The amount required will be around 8k which i think is too high.

My request/query is that how to go about this and anyone from bangelore can help me out?

Please guys need this done ASAP else my Bank NOC date will also expire [frustration]

Hi Friends,

I have a question which i think only you people can have an answer for.

.....So the NOC was anyways expired, hence i decided to get it cancelled. He now says that since i never used the NOC, bangalore RTO is asking for some late fees for the cancellation to be done there as well (the agent's counterpart in Bangalore told him this). The amount required will be around 8k which i think is too high.

Please guys need this done ASAP else my Bank NOC date will also expire [frustration]
This is the prevailing rate. My agent initially quoted Rs.10000/- then settled for Rs.8000/- eventually. Only in my case, the car had an NOC in 2007 from Bangalore RTO to Kolkata, which was never used and the car came back to Bangalore. I got it cancelled 5 years later

Finally I have been able to get my NOC cancelled. I took the NOC for my AP registered car in Hyderabad for Delhi in 2011 but moved to Pune soon before registering the car in Delhi. I went to Delhi and talked to a senior RTO inspector that I need a letter saying the NOC is not registered in Delhi. He asked one officer to check if the engine no and chassis no are registered in Delhi and when they found its not, he wrote the same in a peice of paper and signed it with RTO stamp. Then I went to Hyderabad. I submitted the Delhi RTO Stamped paper along with original Form 28 (both copies), original RC, PUC xerox and insurance xerox along with Rs 150 for NOC cancellation. In the evening I recieved a paper RC for my vehicle. I checked the online NOC details for my car and it was not there. Success finally.

The main thing is to get the cancellation letter from the RTO for which the NOC has been issued. The officers dont want to work and if it happens its always better to talk to higher authority regarding the same. Go to the top level if needed. But once one get that, then it becomes easier.

What I feel is instead of taking NOC and going for RTO and Re-registration, its better to pay yearly tax in the new city and keep paying that. Since people dont have time to travel a lot and these things are not automated and travel is necessary, it is easier that way. One can sell the car after 2-3 years and get a new car. Someone in Delhi who has taken an NOC in Chennai but needs to cancel it, will definitely not have the time and energy and money to travel to Chennai for the same purpose. Its really sad that these things are still not computerized.

Last edited:

Top Bottom