No Discounts on Two Wheelers this Festive Season!..

Thread Starter #1
All those who have been waiting for festival discounts and attractive packages and schemes on two-wheelers are in for a disappointment. Two-wheeler manufacturers are finding it hard to meet the demands of the market and there is already a shortage of components as well. This means that with demand beating supply like never before, auto manufacturers have decided to keep away from festival discounts and freebies this season.

"There is no scope for discounting or price changes. The market has been buoyant and we have been struggling to meet the demand, leaving no scope for discount. Customers are willing to offer premium for prompt deliveries," said Atul Gupta, India vice-president (marketing & sales), Suzuki Motorcycle.

Hero Honda, which is the largest player in the Indian market, has already stopped any discounts or freebies on its models and has decided to stay away from any promotional activity during the festival season as well. "We have not been giving any price-off and discounts for the past three years. We have decided to strategically invest in brand building, and have already kicked-off our festival initiatives with the launch of Super Splendor in August,” said Anil Dua, senior vice-president (marketing & sales), Hero Honda. He also stated that there are a few more exciting new launches planned for the Diwali festival that will keep the market as well as the customers upbeat.

Bajaj Auto has also been refraining from offering any discounts and has also stopped rebates on finance schemes as well. With two-wheeler sales propelling like never before, other major players like TVS Motors, Yamaha, etc are likely to follow suit.

source - cartradeindia.com

Hmmm when i bought my Pulsar 3 years ago , there was no discounts as such. Two-wheeler market is on a high now so this is expected.

i guess this thread should also include no deliveries as well, either that brand, model sells or not, demand around is as such or its created that those with more demand, arent available with which other brands too joined in.
Honda Activa which is 48000/- on road price is available at 58000/- with 10months waitlist.

Yeah. Even the HH CBZ Xtreme has a waitlist of 3months in Nagpur with no discounts!

+1 to Akash

Even Xtreme goes for 3+months here which is bad.

They are losing lot of potential buyers.

i am in the market looking to replace our kinetic honda which is some 12-13 years old, now with my wife.Obvious choices were honda activa, avaitor,wego and all of them have waitlist rangine from 3 months for wego to 1 year for activa, seems people now have to get knowing big people to spend money and get deliveries of vehicles which is something not acceptable.

i am in the market looking to replace our kinetic honda which is some 12-13 years old, now with my wife.Obvious choices were honda activa, avaitor,wego and all of them have waitlist rangine from 3 months for wego to 1 year for activa, seems people now have to get knowing big people to spend money and get deliveries of vehicles which is something not acceptable.
IMO you should have a TD of Mahindra Duro, Rodeo, Flyte. All these 3 have great engines and also have short waiting periods.

yeah but the main problem with mahindra Duro is its FE which is merely 30-35, a good friend owns one and he keeps complaining for it, as well as its engine touching ground on bad patches which isnt a good sign, anyways am going for TVS Wego and would get delivery in a day or so, going for midnight black.Test drove it one today, with wife and one kid, pretty comfy seats, ride quality was good as well, their new technology of centre gravity could be felt, very smooth engine and pickup pretty decent for city drive, and main we all three could get our space comfortably, and my neighbour owns one, so he;s satisfied with it and he's getting around 50kmpl, which is good too.And in our budget.I am in no mood of spending 58000/- for activa which is a loot from honda.

I too wamted to suggest you TVS Wego but in your earlier post you metioned that it has a waiting period of 3months.
wego and all of them have waitlist rangine from 3 months for wego
BTW Wego is a nice choice. We have an exclusive TAI Road test Report of it here.

yeah thanks akash, i know thats what i was told by one of the dealers, and i said as a general statement, my friend is a dealer of tvs so delivery wont be an issue may be a particular colour like black is short on deliveries as he told me today so might have to wait few days or so.But overall the reports i got from owners is very satisfactory.
Your report is pretty good and you covered all aspects of that scooter.I did checked out that yesterday and took my decision.Thankyou for your inputs.

got an update yesterday that the whole consignment was of scooty's and of wego is expected by midnight or tomorrow that is today, so either today or tomorrow we'll get our new scooter, black wego.

Top Bottom