Nissan To Bring Infiniti Brand in Indian Market

Thread Starter #1
Affluent Indian automobile buyers may get another brand to choose from. Nissan, Japan’s third largest car maker, is looking at the possibility of launching Infiniti, a luxury brand owned by it, in India.

Known for its luxurious features and power-packed driving characteristics, Infiniti is a premium brand which competes with benchmark ones globally such as Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi and Acura.

Kiminobu Tokuyama, managing director and CEO, Nissan Motor India, told Business Standard, “We have got a global Infiniti business unit, which is a separate unit from Nissan Motor Company. They have been studying all the opportunities and I am sure they will start studying the Indian market, as it is the best potential market in the world.

Nissan has been pushing for expansion of the Infiniti brand into newer markets across the globe — Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, Ukraine, China and Western Europe over the years. The brand is popular in the very developed automotive markets of the US and Canada.

However, if launched in India, all Infiniti models would carry a hefty price tag, as they would not be locally made and will have to pay 100 per cent duty.

Infiniti’s line-up includes sedans, coupes, convertibles, sports utility vehicles (SUV) and SUV coupes, falling in the range of $33,250 (Rs 16 lakh) - $56,050 (Rs 27 lakh) in the US market. These vehicles are propelled by engines of capacities ranging from 3.6 litre, V6, 328-bhp to 5.6 litre, V8, 320-bhp.

Upon a 100 per cent increase, the price of Infiniti models here would be in the range of Rs 34-57 lakh, putting it in direct comparison with the German car makers.

The surge in demand for luxury cars in India in the past couple of years has made many top auto manufacturers launch their products here. The list includes BMW X6 and the M series, Mercedes new C class, E class and S class, as well as the AMG series, Audi R8, the Porsche range of models, Land Rover and Jaguar, to name some.

“The recent entry of so many luxury car makers, with some more brands readying to enter, shows the potential of the luxury market in India. Although the volumes generated are far lower than some other overseas markets, it has been growing in very high double-digits recently,” said a city-based auto analyst.

The launch of a luxury brand in India will bolster the brand image of Nissan in the domestic market; it has a recognition problem despite being in the market for over four years. The company currently sells just two models in India (X-Trail and Teana), both imported.

However, within the next nine months, the company will be launching its first locally produced car from its Chennai plant. It is also preparing to add two more products from the completely built unit (import) route, which will be the sports convertible 370Z and a premium SUV Murano.

Source : BSMotoring

350Z

Core Team
Infinity is another brand I was waiting for to debut in India. As stated in article, unfortunately, the pricing of its models will be sky touching when it makes to Indian shores. On another note, Nissan should also think on making a stronger base here before introducing new manufacturers. The customer service of Nissan is still not upto the mark.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Infiniti Brand Soon Arrives in India

Nissan’s Luxury division Infiniti is all set to come to the Indian shores. The biggest surprise is that they are not coming in with Hover, the company that retails the regular Nissan lineup consisting of the Micra, the X-Trail and the Teana, but they are coming in with the Shreyans group which will soon be official importer of Maserati, Ferrari, Ducati and Porsche. The Infiniti lineup contains the G-series saloon range that competes with the Mercedes C-Class and BMW 3-series. The M-series saloons rival the Mercedes E-Class and BMW 5-series. Infiniti also has 3 types of SUVs in its lineup the compact EX series that takes on with the Audi Q5 and BMW X3, the FX series that rivals the BMW X5 and Mercedes M-Class and the large QX series that is positioned to take on Mercedes GL-class and Lexus LX 570. With the Indian invasion of the Infiniti brand, Nissan wants to march ahead with its arch-rival Toyota which is yet to announce the launch of its Lexus luxury brand in India, Toyota has been planning to bring Lexus in India for a long time but they have put it on the back burner as they have too much on their plate already with the Etios and the other variants of it coming up. source - autocar

Attachments

Re: Infiniti Brand Soon Arrives in India

This is amazing news!

Nissan uses the brand name Infiniti in markets outside its domestic market, Japan. In Japan, Infinitis are sold under the Nissan badge - M is the Fuga, G is the Skyline, G coupe is the Skyline Coupe, EX is Skyline Crossover, QX is the Nissan Patrol (with a different front & rear end and interiors). FX is the only Infiniti not to have a Nissan equivalent.

Having said the above, you can find Infiniti badged cars in Japan as well.

I would suggest they start with the M and FX. The M is super stylish and you have to see the car for real. Interiors of the M are brilliant as well. The curves and body creases are just amazing! Pictures dont do justice to the M. The 350Z derived V6 engine along with the V6 diesel will help compete with the 5-Series and the E-class. Maybe the 5.6L V8 can come in at a later time. The FX on the other hand is a beast. It is massive in size and looks menancing. Certainly the two best cars to start building the brand wit

350Z

Core Team

Brilliant piece of news. This is no less than a dream come true for Infiniti fans like me. Being a company of Nissan brand, we can expect nothing but some absolutely stunning and powerful models from this manufacturer. I’m keenly looking forward to it. Meanwhile, look at one of my favourite Infiniti models – The G35 Coupe. [thumbsup]

Infiniti-G35-Sport-Coupe-Photography.jpg
Source: cariii.net

Drive Safe,
350Z

I still remember the day when I had booked a compact car from Budget car rentals (in US for $ 35 a day) and they gave me an infiniti G as a free upgrade as no compact was available at that time. Unfortunately I had only booked it for a day. I still remember my wife telling me that "you were behaving like a kid when you got the keys".

INFINITI coming in 2 years

NISSAN INDIA TO NOT LAUNCH INFINITI LUXURY CAR BRAND ANY TIME IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS AT LEAST

Across the world, Japanese car maker Nissan is known as a mid range brand that straddles the segment between low cost brands at one end and high end luxury car brands at the other end. While Datsun is Nissan’s low cost car brand targeted at emerging car markets across the globe, the Japanese car maker sells luxury cars under the Infiniti name plate. India plays host to a thriving luxury car market on the back of the Indian economic growth story over the past couple of decades. This economic growth has led to the proliferation of leading luxury car brands in India like Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Volvo. Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce and Land Rover to name a few.

A noticeable feature about the luxury car brands available in India is the fact that all these brands have a European lineage. Though Japan has captured the Indian car buyer’s imagination in the budget car segment, Japanese luxury car brands like Toyota’s Lexus and Nissan’s Infiniti is yet to make an entry into the country. While Toyota’s ruled out the Lexus brand for India at least until 2015, we now have Nissan adopting a similar strategy. Nissan’s COO, Mr

Toshiyuki Shiga, has now stated that the Japanese car maker would focus on its existing car range in India apart from launching the Datsun range in 2014.
So, the Infiniti brand of luxury cars will not be launched at least for the next couple of years although Nissan hasn’t ruled out launching its luxury brand in the years after 2014. Although Nissan has been in India for over half a decade, the car maker has some work to do in terms of the distribution front given the fact that it still relies on a contractor like Hover Automotive to take care of its distribution network. For now, Nissan seems to have its hands full with the development of the Datsun range of low cost small cars.

Given that the Datsuns are high volume cars aimed at the budget end of the Indian car market populated by brands like Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai, Nissan does have its task cut out when it comes to expanding its dealer network. The first of the Datsun hatchbacks will be showcased in the middle of 2013 with the official launch slated to happen in 2014. The second Datsun hatchback will be launched in the second half of 2014.

Nissan India to not launch Infiniti luxury car brand any time in the next two years at least | IndianCarsBikes.in

350Z

Core Team
Top management from Nissan has informed us that studies are going on to introduce the Infiniti brand. Sooner or later it will be launched in the Indian market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

After announcing the the GT-R Nismo for India, Nissan also looks to tap Indian luxury car market with Infiniti Q30.The others in the fray in this growing segment are BMW India with It will compete with the German brands BMW's X1 and Audi's Q3 compact SUV.

Nissan Motor Company, suggested that it is ‘inevitable’ that the Infiniti brand would come to India, and for which it would have to be backed by a manufacturing plan.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...ap-indian-luxury-car-market-infiniti-q30-5970

Top Bottom