Nissan Sunny Road Test Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent review Dhaya. Nissan Sunny is indeed a great car for people looking for a sedan in entry level segment. Although it isnt a looker, but personally i find Sunny far better than DZire and Manza.

@ Shailinder Thank you bro.

@ Drivetech4 As said by 350Z you can expect the diesel version only by mid 2012. Even i don't understand why they couldn't launch it now because they even have the engine to do the job. Maybe they are following the Etios way.
Following Etios way is a bad move, people don't like to wait for unknown period. I didn't consider etios only because it was not available in diesel at that time.
@ Surfer GC is pretty decent , i never scraped the bottom even in the worst roads. Tire size is 185/65 R15 in top-end XV variant and 185/70 R14 in the other variants. I haven't driven the Etios till now. Ride quality certainly better than Manza and Dzire but not quite matching to the Fiesta.
R14 for such a huge car a very bad idea!

Nice review Dhaya. I wanted to check out Sunny as i heard the pricing is cut-throat to the other competetiors and your detailed review made the task for me.

IMO, i feel that there is no premium feel for the class which Nissan is known for or the interiors do not give that appeal?

Thread Starter #19
Thanks Akash and Nagesh. Yes even i was not impressed with the Interiors of Sunny , though they were built to last they din't feel premium.

Nice review Dhaya.Got a dslr and the pics are coming,isn't.Need to mention 350Z for the editing and formatting.Hope to see more reviews.
Cooldhaya,
How did you feel the sunny's highway performance when compared to say toyota etios.

Thread Starter #21
@ Pointcity Thank you bro , yes partial credit goes to my DSLR , it is a good camera indeed! Now coming to the car i haven't driven the Etios till now so i can't compare them. But highway performance of Sunny is nothing inspiring , it takes 18 seconds to achieve the 100kmph mark. In gear acceleration is good only till 60kmph after that it is a slow and gradual increase only. True top speed was 150kmph but it took around 10 seconds to go from 140-150kmph. To put it simple , Sunny is not a performer!

How did you feel the sunny's highway performance when compared to say toyota etios.
A review about Sunny (don't have the link now) says that it's highway performance is not as good as the city performance.

Etios is not at all a highway car. So Sunny should perform much better in highways than Etios.

Thanks cooldhaya.

As per auto car etios's 0-100 is an impressive 11.38!
I think etios has good handling I think,I may be wrong,correct me.

Autosafari,why do you say that etios is not a highway car.

Thread Starter #24
@ Pointcity Sunny's handling is good! Just that it doesn't perform well.

@ Autosafari You really can't compare Sunny with City , City is way ahead!

I think Autosafari mentioned about sunny's city performance and not Honda City.

What i said was etios too has good handling, correct me i am wrong.I think the fiesta classic petrol starts around or may be with a lesser price tag that sunny i think.Not sure though.

Nissan will launch Sunny Diesel during Mid-2012 (As mentioned in the review). But it will be interesting to watch how successful they will be to price it competitively.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Oh, and earlier it was Jan 2012. Every day passes by, Sunny looses its customers, perhaps Manza will be the one who will gain max out of this.

Excellent review Dhaya. Nissan Sunny is indeed a great car for people looking for a sedan in entry level segment. Although it isnt a looker, but personally i find Sunny far better than DZire and Manza.
Thanks Akash and Nagesh. Yes even i was not impressed with the Interiors of Sunny , though they were built to last they din't feel premium.
Yes, Sunny looks good from outside, I liked the most from the rear side but internally, the monotone grey color doesn't go down well. Wonder why Sunny didn't come up with beige color or atleast some 2 tone interiors. Manza wins here hands down.

All in all, I still feel Manza has an edge on Sunny, & what will now matter is the performance of Sunny diesel & ofcourse its FE.

Thread Starter #27
Manza beats Sunny in VFM factor , Manza Petrol variants are cheaper than Sunny and also offers more features like Bluetooth , reverse parking sensors etc. Where Sunny scores over Manza is space and handling.

Autosafari,why do you say that etios is not a highway car.
Etios weigh 910 kg only.
This much weight for a big car like Etios can cause stability issues in highway driving.

Further, there were reviews saying that Etios is not meant for highways - (Done lot of research 8 months ago before finalising Manza - need to search again for those links)

@ Autosafari You really can't compare Sunny with City , City is way ahead!
I think Autosafari mentioned about sunny's city performance and not Honda City.
Yes I meant Sunny performance in city roads.

Manza beats Sunny in VFM factor , Manza Petrol variants are cheaper than Sunny and also offers more features like Bluetooth , reverse parking sensors etc. Where Sunny scores over Manza is space and handling.
One query bro, is Sunny more wider than Manza from inside, the inside pictures of Sunny that you have posted look little narrower than Manza, also what abt the head space at the back,by the way congratulations on a nice review.

:offtopic:: Can you do similar test drive of Mahindra XUV500, I think being the customer of Aria you are the most worthy of all members at TAI to test this beast and compare it with Aria in every single parameter, what say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom