Nissan Micra XV Diesel Ownership Review: 20 Months (25,000 Kms & Counting)

Thread Starter #121
Re: Nissan Micra XV Diesel Ownership Review: 20 Months - 25,000 Kms & Counting

Missed images... Did bit of rubbing with rubbing compound which was available.
Posting the images before and after the work. Compound did a wonderful job but scratches and dent is still visible. Please have a look.
Is it possible to get the car back in shape, remove all scratches. Please suggest how much it will cost. Need to visit Nissan dealer or can it be done outside.

Attachments

Thread Starter #123

Thank you RK.
Mileage Update -
Did a tankful today.
Kms from tankful-tankful - 900.5km
Diesel - 38.57 ltr
Mileage - 900.5/38.57 = 23.33 kmpl
MID - 27.0 kmpl
Till now car has never let me down in terms of mileage extremely satisfied with that.
But looking at the mileage difference between MID and tankful , just get the feeling that nissan is fooling the customers.
I consistantly get difference of 3-4 kmpl.

Attachments

Nice work with the rubbing compound regarding the dent , can't be completely sure from pics could probably be fixed by the paintless dent fix procedure though lost paint can't be recovered. Please post a close up.

Regarding maintenance can you generally comment how reliable durable the micra is and how do maintenance costs stack up - looking for the owners opinion, cheers

Nice work with the rubbing. Micra indeed is a very fuel efficient car.

Thread Starter #126

Nice work with the rubbing compound regarding the dent , can't be completely sure from pics could probably be fixed by the paintless dent fix procedure though lost paint can't be recovered. Please post a close up.

Regarding maintenance can you generally comment how reliable durable the micra is and how do maintenance costs stack up - looking for the owners opinion, cheers
Thanks IR. Will take closeup pics and post surely, also I will post service cost details. Currently I am posting from mobile so dont have those details with me.
Regarding reliability and durability, cannot comment much as its only 20 months. 20 months is really a short span to comment that Car is really reliable. Because IMO car starts showing true colors only after 3-4 years.
Till now experience has been fantastic. Only one issue reported, brake noise, this was manufacturing defect in some series Cars. Replaces brake pad assembly under warranty. Apart from this no major issue reported.
Dealer experience has been great so far. Always get a feeling that they seem to care their customers. Now 2nd Nissan dealership opened in pune, Shivalik Nissan, both seem to compete with each other. So overall encouraging sign in Pune at least.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #127

Till Now Car had completed 25000+ Kms in 20+ months.

Update on Service Bills :

1st Free Service (6 months or 10000 Kms) -
Done @ 7000+ Kms -- Cost Rs. 3699.00/-
Check detailed breakup photo on Pg 7.

2nd Free Service (1 Year or 20000 Kms) -
Done @ 15921 Kms -- Cost Rs. 2290.00/-

3rd Service - Paid ( 1.5 Years or 30000 Kms) -
Done @ 22517 Kms -- Cost Rs. 4627.00/-

Now next service is due on completing 2 Years or 40000 Kms which comes in month of July 2014.

Providing detailed images because, this might be helpful for prospective buyers. Also I might get feedback from experts on forum, if something is getting wrong.

There was one issue reported with brakes, On soft braking 'suu suuu' noise was coming from brakes. First service guys cleaned brake pads but issue reproduced again after few Kms of running. Later I discovered that brake noise starts coming only after few Kms of Running ie. after heating.
Again went to service, service guys inspected brake pads, calippers assembly and replaced it under warranty.

Overall Comments -
1. Low end Performace is really awesome, do not get the feel that you are driving a diesel Car.
2. Steering is very soft, gear slotting is also piece of a cake.
3. High end performace could have been better. Specially in 5th gear doing 60-120 Kmph, pick up is on slower side.
4. Driving is real pleasure till 100 kmph after that becomes scary because of lack of ABS. Ride quality is good.
5. Pot holes absorbtion capacity is on lower side.
6. Mileage is awesome (till now)
7. Engine Noise is on higher side (after all its 1500 CC diesel [:(] )
8. Never had any trouble with ground clearance.
9. Dealer experience has been good so far.
10. Car returns extremely good mileage till 2000 rpm / 80 Kmph. After that mileage drops. Highway trip with 100+ kmph returns less mileage than city. FE is extremely good if you restrict your speed 80-90 kmph in 5th gear.

Overall very happy with the car, hope it continues to perform as its doing till now. [:D]

Attachments

Thread Starter #128

Let me take this opportunity to ask a question. I would love to get response of different Car owners. By looking at the maintenance cost above, what is your opinion, is it costly. I want you to compare with your car's maintenance cost @ 30000k or 1.5 years.
I have always got feedback from many of my friends Maruti's maintenance cost is less and Honda's maintenance cost is more but reliable. Just want to understand where Nissan stands in terms of cost. I know there is no comparison of Nissan with Maruti ASS or Honda reliability, as it is yet to establish. Still taking this opportunity to check what is future of Nissan in India.

Let me take this opportunity to ask a question. I would love to get response of different Car owners. By looking at the maintenance cost above, what is your opinion, is it costly. I want you to compare with your car's maintenance cost @ 30000k or 1.5 years.
I have always got feedback from many of my friends Maruti's maintenance cost is less and Honda's maintenance cost is more but reliable. Just want to understand where Nissan stands in terms of cost. I know there is no comparison of Nissan with Maruti ASS or Honda reliability, as it is yet to establish. Still taking this opportunity to check what is future of Nissan in India.
Diesel cars tend to have higher servicing costs as well. Nowadays even Maruti & Hyundai service costs for diesel cars is on the rise.

Now coming to your car, you have spent approximately Rs.10,500 on your three services till now in a span of 1.5 years. Considering there would be another at completion of 2 years and on the average of your previous ones, this 4th one should cost about Rs. 3500 which makes it Rs.14,000 in a span of 2 years. Just keeping an approximate figure for comparison.

I'll give you a cost comparison with my Polo TDI here. My Polo is turning 2 next month and till date I've got only 1 service done which was at completion of 1st year/15,000kms which costed me Rs. 8800.

Second service is due next month at completion of two years/30,000kms and the service cost would be in the same bracket or even slightly higher in the range of Rs 10,000. So total in two years would be around Rs. 18,800. This is my approximation as of now, won't know what the final bill would be. Going by this, Polo surely is costlier to maintain(Not a surprise [roll]) and going by your experience till now I feel Micra's service costs are reasonable, not too light on the pocket, nor burning a hole in it. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #130

Diesel cars tend to have higher servicing costs as well. Nowadays even Maruti & Hyundai service costs for diesel cars is on the rise.

Now coming to your car, you have spent approximately Rs.10,500 on your three services till now in a span of 1.5 years. Considering there would be another at completion of 2 years and on the average of your previous ones, this 4th one should cost about Rs. 3500 which makes it Rs.14,000 in a span of 2 years. Just keeping an approximate figure for comparison.

I'll give you a cost comparison with my Polo TDI here. My Polo is turning 2 next month and till date I've got only 1 service done which was at completion of 1st year/15,000kms which costed me Rs. 8800.

Second service is due next month at completion of two years/30,000kms and the service cost would be in the same bracket or even slightly higher in the range of Rs 10,000. So total in two years would be around Rs. 18,800. This is my approximation as of now, won't know what the final bill would be. Going by this, Polo surely is costlier to maintain(Not a surprise [roll]) and going by your experience till now I feel Micra's service costs are reasonable, not too light on the pocket, nor burning a hole in it. [:)]
Thank you GM88 for your update.
There are two aspects here, if we compare year wise, polo will complete 2 services in 2 years and cost will be approx 18-19K as you mentioned, however micra will undergo 4 services in 2 years and cost will be 15-16K. So Polo maintenance is slightly on higher side than Micra. IMO its well justified. Polo is Polo [:)]

If we compare kilometer wise. Polo completes 2 services in 30K Kms, and cost be @18-19 K as mentioned above, where as Micra has completed 3 services in 30K kms, and cost is @10.5K, So Maintenance difference is more in this scenario.

I am looking for maintenance cost update from different other manufacturers, specially Maruti Ritz or Swift and Honda Amaze Diesel.

Just an update:
Purchased new steering wheel covers for my Micra. Pictures attached.

Mileage Update:
KM's Till Tank full - 798 Kms
Diesel Filled - 36.06 Ltr
MID Shows - 24.6 Kmpl
Tankful method - 22.13 Kmpl

Conditions - 50% - highway driving , Highspeed 100-130 Kmph, Above 100 Kmpl there is a drop in mileage.
50% city driving - Sedate driving, light foot.
AC - 80%

Thanks, Sandip

Attachments

Thread Starter #131

These days my car is going through a bad phase. I am really sad [cry]
Date 5th April 2014, I was travelling on Pune - Solapur road. I was extemely happy and excited, as I was going to book a wedding hall for my sisters marriage, two other relatives and my wife were accompanying me. We reached toll plaza near loni-kalbhore, there was very less traffic and my car was 4th in row. After a few seconds a truck came from behind and hit my car from rear.
I was very angry at the same time extremely sad. Driver accepted his mistake, agreed that truck did not stop in time even though he braked hard. Lot of discussion and fight happened, driver seemed poor chap. He did not had any money to pay. I took keys of his truck asked him to arrange some money and we drove to marriage hall for booking.
We returned after an hour or so, driver was not there neither the truck.

I am posting pictures of my car. Can you please suggest how much repair would cost. Fortunately there is not much color damage only a dent and side of bumper came off slightly.

Please suggest can this be repaired completely ?

Attachments

Thread Starter #132

Friends your urgent help is appreciated. Do I need to show this to service station or can it be done outside?
Mods : Extremely sorry for reposting, I am unable to edit the earlier post.

350Z

Core Team

Friends your urgent help is appreciated. Do I need to show this to service station or can it be done outside?
Don’t fret. This can be fixed using heat gun. Service center will quote too high but a local workshop can fix this for a few hundred bucks. But ensure it should be a reputed one.

PS: My car suffered from a similar dent. It was flawlessly fixed at a local workshop for 400 bucks. More: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...c-1-6-sxi-ownership-review-16.html#post296478.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #135

Don’t fret. This can be fixed using heat gun. Service center will quote too high but a local workshop can fix this for a few hundred bucks. But ensure it should be a reputed one.

PS: My car suffered from a similar dent. It was flawlessly fixed at a local workshop for 400 bucks. More: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...c-1-6-sxi-ownership-review-16.html#post296478.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you Vibhor for your help. Yes, even i feel dent can be fixed but what about bumper joint (picture 2 above) ? Can it get back to its normal position?
Can anyone suggest me good local shop in pune for fixing that bumper issue.

Top Bottom