Nissan Micra XV Diesel Ownership Review: 20 Months (25,000 Kms & Counting)

Thread Starter #106
Re: Nissan Micra – XV Diesel – Ownership Review : 6 Months - 7000 Kms & Still Countin

It was me who asked it. :tongue:
Thanks for posting.
The observations are similar to the Polo's Diesel. I expected it to be somewhat less, that was the reason why I asked. So at 160kmph, rpm would be at 4000rpm I guess just like mine. Btw, don't push the car too much. "Truely insane speeds" is actually scaring me. [;)]
Even I don't like to push the car too much, after a long time I had got a chance to travel on highway & I remembered about your query on rpm at 140 kmph, so wanted to test these speeds [:)]
Also I wanted to check the drop in mileage with 100% ac and 80+ speeds, because I am aware if I drive till 80 Kmph on highway car easily gives 25-26 kmph.

Thanks,

Thread Starter #107
Re: Nissan Micra – XV Diesel – Ownership Review : 6 Months - 7000 Kms & Still Countin

An Update-
Car reaches her first ever milestone on 17th March 2013, 10000 kms on the odo without any major issues makes me a proud owner of Nissan Micra. I do understand that there is still a long way to go.. Keeping fingers crossed !!
Now let me share some details of 10000 kms.
1. I really enjoyed the ride quality on highways. Pot holes clearing capacity could have been better.
2. Car is very comfortable for city conditions. Low end torque and zero turbo lag makes it perfect for cities. Even on highways i loved the performance.
3. There is one feature in the car which i loved the most, i call it as static cruise control :-)
On every gear torque is set and car moves at a constant speed. Eg. @5th gear car moves constantly at 40kmph. This really helps me achieve greater fe figures in cities. In slow moving traffic there is no need to press accelerator, just engage proper gear and you are ready to go.
4. Interior quality is top notch, i loved the griedge- biege color combo.
5. Leg room as well as head room was also found to be good. Car is comfortble for 5. Few times i managed to drive 6 people on board.
6. GC made me cautious while driving. Initially i scrapped the bottom of car 2-3 times, but a little care while crossing big speed breakers and there was no issue after initial scraps.
7. Engine noise is really dependant on quality of Diesel. Bad quality fuel and the engine starts making more noise. I strictly fill fuel at fixed petrol pump which i felt to be good.
8. FE- lowest fuel efficiency figure till date i got with full AC and rough driving was 21.87 by tankful method.
Even lowest fe figure, i consider to be excellent in city like pune. On highways 26+ was also achieved. On an average I am constantly getting 23-24 on mixed conditions.
9. Overall experience has been excellent till now. Except one accident in the first month, dent on the bumper and scratch on the rear door, repair costed me @ 2000 Rs. After that small scratches on bumper were gifted by city traffic specially railway crossing near my place.
10. One more soar point is some click-click sound from left door on intermittent basis, i think some wiring might be loose. Apart from this there is no major issue. Pictures to follow.

1: 10000 Kms on odo, luckily i was alert and managed to click while driving. Current ODO reads 10700-
2: Mileage on Odo with full AC on highway 27.8
3: Mileage after reaching home from a 300 kms highway drive. 27.9
4: Kms till tankful- 811.13.
5: kms when last tankful was done 10189 kms.

Attachments

An Update-
Car reaches her first ever milestone on 17th March 2013, 10000 kms on the odo without any major issues makes me a proud owner of Nissan Micra. I do understand that there is still a long way to go.. Keeping fingers crossed !!
1. I really enjoyed the ride quality on highways. Pot holes clearing capacity could have been better.
2. Car is very comfortable for city conditions. Low end torque and zero turbo lag makes it perfect for cities. Even on highways i loved the performance.
3. There is one feature in the car which i loved the most, i call it as static cruise control :-)
On every gear torque is set and car moves at a constant speed. Eg. @5th gear car moves constantly at 40kmph. This really helps me achieve greater fe figures in cities. In slow moving traffic there is no need to press accelerator, just engage proper gear and you are ready to go.
5. Leg room as well as head room was also found to be good. Car is comfortble for 5. Few times i managed to drive 6 people on board.
6. GC made me cautious while driving. Initially i scrapped the bottom of car 2-3 times, but a little care while crossing big speed breakers and there was no issue after initial scraps.
7. Engine noise is really dependant on quality of Diesel. Bad quality fuel and the engine starts making more noise. I strictly fill fuel at fixed petrol pump which i felt to be good.
8. FE- lowest fuel efficiency figure till date i got with full AC and rough driving was 21.87 by tankful method.
Even lowest fe figure, i consider to be excellent in city like pune. On highways 26+ was also achieved. On an average I am constantly getting 23-24 on mixed conditions.
9. Overall experience has been excellent till now. Except one accident in the first month, dent on the bumper and scratch on the rear door, repair costed me @ 2000 Rs. After that small scratches on bumper were gifted by city traffic specially railway crossing near my place.
10. One more soar point is some click-click sound from left door on intermittent basis, i think some wiring might be loose. Apart from this there is no major issue. Pictures to follow.

1: 10000 Kms on odo, luckily i was alert and managed to click while driving. Current ODO reads 10700-
Thanx for the report . This again proves inspite of no high sales the micRa is fantastic product and delivers much better FE then most best selling cars .
I love this cute little car . And love to read your report it is full of passion and excitement . Thanx once again .

Wonderful FE figures[clap], how has the service experience been so far?

@Raja

Micra is a superb car and no doubts about it, but only minus is very less service and sales centers[:)] even for city like Hyderabad has only one dealer and service, so people from small towns do not want to buy it as they have to come to Hyderabad for service and if there is any problem they do not find any assistance in their own place

Last edited:
Thread Starter #111

Yes, Service Network is the biggest downside of Nissan. In Pune also there is only one Service Center Oxford Nissan.
Delear Experience has been fantastic so far. Nissan seems to care their limited number of customer base.

Congrats on completing 10k mark. Its good to know that the car performs well even now! [thumbsup]
How long is the car from the 2nd service?

Thread Starter #113

Second service will be @ 20000 kms or 1 Yr whichever earlier which is in july'13. First service was performed at @ 6months & 7000 kms

Last edited:
An Update-

Sandip congrats!
Great mileage figures. Your micra rocks.
I am compiling the list of good petrol pumps in Pune. Do share your list of trusted petrol pumps.

Sandip, Hearty congrats for your car thanks very much for your detailed experiences with your cutie Micra. Micra is absolutely great VFM car.

Just few questions. Since this is without ABS edition, how is your breaking experience with this one?

Also have you done any modifications to get USB and Bluetooth?

One more query... Usually, the first service for many cars comes with Zero Bill. How Come they billed nearly 4000 for this car?

Thanks & Regards,
Raaj.

Thread Starter #117

Hello Friends,
Extremely Sorry for the long gap. Missed you all :(

An update :
Car completed 1.5 Years on 6th Jan 2014 with 22500 Kms + on Odo. Car also completed 3rd service (30,000 kms / 18 months whichever is earlier)

I have already updated 1st service details. Second service was done at @ 16000Kms (after 1 Yr), with no issues at all. Was extremely satisfied the performance and mileage in city as well as highways.

My Cutie, encounter her first problem soon after second service. :( Brake started making noise 'Chee Cheeee' when applied softly, No noise on hard braking. This noise was similar to the noise which comes from 2 wheeler barkes after washing. On 2 wheelers it comes for few times and goes off, but for my car it was becoming persitant. This noise used to come after few Kms of running everyday, probably after heating of pads.
I approached Oxford Nissan, where I realised that this is a common problem across many Nissan Cars. Delar Executive told that Nissan has modifed the brake assembly, in earlier cars assembly, Caliper used to make that noise. For older models they are replacing the brake assembly under warranty. After this replacement Car is again back, shinning, running and smiling. Braking is also improved after this replacement.

Car also completed 3rd service, @22500 Kms after completing 1.5 Years. This was a first paid service. Will upload the pics and exact bills amount for second and third service.
Overall the ride has been fanatastic. Car continues to give higher FE figures and continues to amaze me and many others.

Soar moments are :
1. Brake noise issue (mentioned above) this is resolved now.
2. Scratches on front Bumper, thanks to railway crossing traffic in my area.
3. I forgot to put hand brake in my parking, Car went behind on a slope and hit vehicle parked in visitors area. Worst part is this happened 2 hours after I parked Car. No major damage but dent on back bumper can be seen.

Thanks,
Sandy....

Thread Starter #118

Sandip, Hearty congrats for your car thanks very much for your detailed experiences with your cutie Micra. Micra is absolutely great VFM car.

Just few questions. Since this is without ABS edition, how is your breaking experience with this one?

Also have you done any modifications to get USB and Bluetooth?

One more query... Usually, the first service for many cars comes with Zero Bill. How Come they billed nearly 4000 for this car?

Thanks & Regards,
Raaj.
@Raaj, Sorry for delayed response.

I haven't done any modification for USB/bluetooth. I have purchased FM modulator for this purpose but not used much.
I always use Aux-in port on my phone, never felt a need to upgrade. Using AUX-In - Phone Combi, music system Rocks! The Bass effect is awesome for a stack music system. :)

Yes, there is no ABS in my version, and Braking could have been improved. But after changing the brake pad assembly for front disc brakes, performance has improoved a lot.

Regarding bill amount which was 3700Rs for first bill to be exact. For micra first service is at 10000 Kms, the free service with ZERO bill which you are talking is done @500 Kms, where they just check for any manufacturing defects or leakages nothing else. Please correct if I am wrong. IMO Rs. 3700 for first service @10000 Kms is okay for a diesel car.

Thread Starter #119

Look how she shines....
Car is about to complete 25000 kms in 20 months. Still returning wonderful FE figures 23+ kmpl in pune traffic.
Just thought to do little upgrades. Friends need your suggestion on that.
1: Need to fit arm rest, feel very useful for long drives. Has anyone done it in his car or can you suggest some of the good brands. Aftermarket armrests, are they durable? How much it will cost? From where to get it fitted in Pune?
2: Steering wheel cover needs replacement as the one which got free with car purchase, started to loose stitches. From where can I get this done. I had asked Nissan dealer once, it was @700 Rs for leather cover. Can you suggest on this.
3: Gear knob, can we change this. Need to get good looking leather knob.
4: Spoiler : Can i get it from somewhere outside? Nissan had asked @6k one year back. Is it costly?
More importantly can i get better design outside?

Any other small upgrades please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Mods : Can you please update the subject line with 25000kms and 20 months.
Sorry for typos, typing from hand held device.
Thanks,

Attachments

Thread Starter #120
Re: Nissan Micra XV Diesel Ownership Review: 20 Months - 25,000 Kms & Counting

Friends, A sad news. Met an accident yesterday.
I was travelling to office yesterday, School bus in front of me stopped to take some students. I decided to overtake bus from right, at the same time 2 wheeler came in opposite direction. I had to move slightly to left / or at the same time bus also started. Don't know exactly how it happened. But scratched back of my car.

Top Bottom