Nissan Micra XV Diesel Ownership Review: 20 Months (25,000 Kms & Counting)

Re: Nissan Micra – XV Diesel – Ownership Review : 2 Months - 3500 Kms & Still Countin

that's a very nice review which you got out there. The colour is looking quite good on micra. Congrats!
Even I considered the micra while buying the car, but the only thing I could find as a plus point was the initial performance & FE. Well, different people have different choices.
Reading the mileage, it makes me feel that I should have gone for Micra. :tongue:

Thread Starter #62
Re: Nissan Micra – XV Diesel – Ownership Review : 2 Months - 3500 Kms & Still Countin

Hey Guys,
Posting some of the pictures of my first long drive on my ride.
Ganapatipule-Ratnagiri-Konkan. (Total distance covered 858 Kms). Sorry posting in hurry, didn't get time to choose best images out of around 1000 photographs taken. DSC03725.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03873.jpg

DSC03931.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04273.jpg

2012-08-15 17.06.39.jpg

2012-08-17 12.55.34.jpg

Hey Sandip, very nice pictures there. Seems you had great time with nature.
Must have been a refreshing feeling with your favorite ride, rolling down the windows and breathing fresh air. Wish you more times like this.

Thread Starter #64

Just wanted to provide few more details about our trip. We were total 9 people ( 8 adults + 1 Kid), 2 Cars (Micra & my sis's Estilo) (trip dates 15-19th Aug)

Visited following places -
Ganapatipule Temple & beach(Stayed @ Atharv residency full bungalow which is at @ 3-4 Kms from Temple/Beach, Very nice place)
Ratnagiri
Jaigad Fort
Velneshwar beach+mandir (Stayed at MTDC resort Velneshwar)
Guhaghar Beach
While returning back visited Koyna Dam and a waterfall near Koyna dam (Waterfall Pic was attached in previous thread)
Apart from these visited few more small (less famous) places & temples.

The weather was amazing, it was raining in between but not so heavily, truely enjoyed the weather & greenery. I was very much excited as it was my first long drive & the routes were full of ghats. I had never driven Car on such a long route, in fact I had received my permanent license just 1 day before the trip. I was very much confident because I just love driving but at the same time my mother was really worried & she sitting in my Car made me a little nervous in the begining. But as we started it was really fun, none of 5 people sitting in my Car felt tired and we all were comfortable.

Let me put some of the observations now. (though I have already mentioned a few in my initial thread itself)
Handling on highway was excellent. NVH is well maintainted at low speeds but noise starts increasing as the speed increases but it was not really annoying.
During night visibility was not much specially when a vehicle is coming in opposite direction (on highway). I feel stalk bulbs needs replacement. In city though I felt visibility was okay.
Driving on ghats section was also a fun, handling & steering was perfect. With 5 people on board Micra was able to climb the ghats on 3rd gear comfortably.
Roads were very bad in lot of places due to rains, soft suspensions made it comfortable in many places but thud sound was coming from suspensions while clearing small pot holes at speeds.
Braking on wet surfaces was also okay, though I never done overspeeding.

Finally got overall FE of 25-26.

I would say it was really a memorable ride. I would cherish those moments for a long time.

Thread Starter #65

Hello,
I wish to upgrate the headlights of my Car, Can you please suggest some head lights.
I am not sure about the current head lights being used in micra (have to see) but I am sure that they are not sufficient, at least low beam, Specially on state highways having no divider in between. High beam seems to be okay.
I just want to change the bulb, I do not wish change headlight assembly or anything else. Can you please suggest some bulbs & respective costs, which will fit in current assembly and will work without any issues.

Only changing the bulb will solve the purpose or do I need to go for fog lamps also? How much it will cost in later case.

Hello Sandip24,

Very nice pics and congratulations on your first long drive. I went thru your complete thread and observed that you are getting a great FE. I only can dream of such figures with the kind of traffic in Pune I drive thru. I wish that these figures just keep improving for you. I will try to connect with you on PM as both are from Pune.
About your stock bulb replacement. I just replaced stock bulbs of my Skoda Rapid with Philips Xtreme Vision+ 55/60. For me, it was good improvement. For Micra, I am not sure if the stock bulbs are 55/60 or some other wattage. Pls check in your manual. Other options in 55/60 are Osram Night breaker and Hella. I read good reviews about Philips and Osram so went with Philips.

Otherwise you can upgrade to 90/100 with relay. But this might affect the warranty as this was sole reason I did not opted for this option.

@Sandip,

A visitor came to my office in a Nissan Micra today and I tried to sit in that, but you know I felt it is not very easy like Ritz and I felt like seating on the floor[cry].

Maybe this is because of my daily use of Ritz and I am not able to adjust to that !! how do you feel about it [:)]

Thread Starter #68

Hello Sandip24,

About your stock bulb replacement. I just replaced stock bulbs of my Skoda Rapid with Philips Xtreme Vision+ 55/60. For me, it was good improvement. For Micra, I am not sure if the stock bulbs are 55/60 or some other wattage. Pls check in your manual. Other options in 55/60 are Osram Night breaker and Hella. I read good reviews about Philips and Osram so went with Philips.

Otherwise you can upgrade to 90/100 with relay. But this might affect the warranty as this was sole reason I did not opted for this option.
Thank you for your quick response. I will check the manual for wattage of stack bulb. So my question is, if my stack bulbs are 55/60, I can safely replace it with Philips Xtreme Vision+ 55/60 or Osram Night breaker? Even though their wattage is same, their visibility would be better?
And replacing it with other wattage will void warranty ?

Thread Starter #69

@Sandip,

A visitor came to my office in a Nissan Micra today and I tried to sit in that, but you know I felt it is not very easy like Ritz and I felt like seating on the floor[cry].

Maybe this is because of my daily use of Ritz and I am not able to adjust to that !! how do you feel about it [:)]
Well even I have TD'ed Ritz but I never felt that Ritz Seats are too high or Micra's seats are too low. Some difference might be there. In fact I feel road visibility (all sides) is better in Micra & overall seats are very comfortable.
Micra's design is such that, when you are sitting on drivers seat you can easily see the points above head lights (both left & right sides) which makes it lot easier to drive. (hope I am clear)[drive]. This I did not see in any other hatchback (correct me if I am wrong)

Thank you for your quick response. I will check the manual for wattage of stack bulb. So my question is, if my stack bulbs are 55/60, I can safely replace it with Philips Xtreme Vision+ 55/60 or Osram Night breaker? Even though their wattage is same, their visibility would be better?
And replacing it with other wattage will void warranty ?
Hello Sandip24
Yes if your stock bulbs are 55/60 then you can replace them with Philips Xtreme Vision+ or Osram for better night visibility. If you go for higher wattage like 90/100, then you will need to install a relay so that battery is not overloaded due to bulbs. Also, most of the OEMs do not like these things and might go against you if you have to claim any warranty with the them.

Thread Starter #71

Thanka Praf for the valuable info. I checked the stack bulb wattage in cars manual , its 55/60 only.
But what i observed today, when there is no vehicle coming in opposite direction visibility of lower beam was also found to be ok. The moment vehicle comes in opposite direction, focus directly comes to eyes and visibilty seems to be lost.
So what I was wondering that, will change of bulb solve my issue? or is there any treatment we can do on front glass to reduce intensity of foxus coming in eyes.?

Thanka Praf for the valuable info. I checked the stack bulb wattage in cars manual , its 55/60 only.
But what i observed today, when there is no vehicle coming in opposite direction visibility of lower beam was also found to be ok. The moment vehicle comes in opposite direction, focus directly comes to eyes and visibilty seems to be lost.
So what I was wondering that, will change of bulb solve my issue? or is there any treatment we can do on front glass to reduce intensity of foxus coming in eyes.?
Hello Sandip24,
In that case, you can use anti reflector spects during night driving. This will help the cause. Other option would be filming the front windshield with 3M or other good film with min 70% VLT. But with supreme court verdict, I am not sure if you would like to take that chance.
I had done the filming for my car's front windshield before this verdict. I am yet to remove the films as they are very useful for me and till date I am not caught by the cops. [clap].

Thread Starter #73

Thanks Praf for valuable info. Can you or anyone please confirm the price for a pair of Philips Xtreme Vision+ or Osram ? (H4 60/55) .
From where can I get a better deal in Pune ?
Is there any way we can purchase it online? I believe installation can be done at home itself.

Thread Starter #74

Hey guyz, posting you few of the pics of my recent drive to my in-laws (Malegaon 330 kms Ride from my place).
We visited few of the places there, so it was nit only a highway drive., I checked FE after coming back home, guess what it was showing 27.5kmpl. [clap]. Top speed attained was 130 kmph (for few secs) most of the time i kept it tried to keep it constant @ 90-100 kmph.
Loved the comfort & drivavbility at those speeds. [:D]

Attachments

Hey guyz, posting you few of the pics of my recent drive to my in-laws (Malegaon 330 kms Ride from my place).
We visited few of the places there, so it was nit only a highway drive., I checked FE after coming back home, guess what it was showing 27.5kmpl. [clap]. Top speed attained was 130 kmph (for few secs) most of the time i kept it tried to keep it constant @ 90-100 kmph.
Loved the comfort & drivavbility at those speeds. [:D]
Sandip,

Your micra pics are really tempting !! I like that Orange color. This color I have seen first on Palio few years back and Ford Icon - the josh machine advt.

You FE is quite interesting !! hope you are going to cross 30kmpl soon[:)]

Top Bottom