Nissan Micra XV Diesel : Aapunka Choice

Thread Starter #1
My New Nissan Micra XV Diesel-

I am happy to post my first Initial Ownership review (3200 Kms) of my new Nissan Micra XV Diesel.
3200 Km in One month [:D]

Considerations:
- I was confused between Polo(Rejected due to high maintenance cost and costlier to my budget), Liva(quality Interior is not provided) and beat diesel(Not specious and road view is not clear) varients but finally got Nissan.
- Not considered New Maruti Swift as it is too common on Indian Road and Personally i dont like interior.
- I considered for New Tata Vista also but after one visit only I have decided not to go with TATA.

Overview about Nissan Micra XV Diesel:

This is the base diesel variant that is loaded with a 1.5 litre, SOHC, 4 cylinder, Common rail engine. It comes with body colour bumper, roof antenna, full wheel covers, body colour electric powered ORVMs & door handles, 14 inch steel wheels, drive computer, adjustable front & Rear head rests, audio system with 4 speakers, power and tilt steering, front and rear power windows, push button ignition, engine immobilizer, driver airbag, etc.

Nissan looks compact car from outerside but inside it is more specious and very comfortable.

Interiors:
- Excellent Interior.It comes with combination of Gray and Biege colour scheme.
- Front and Rear Seats are very comfortable.Recently Nissan have modified rear seat design.
Slightly extended rear seat base to get support for thies and provided adjustable Rear head rests which was missing in earlier versions.
- Rear leg room is Good enough even though front seats are pushed way back.
- RoadView is excellent.
- A/C is very powerful.
- Plastics quality and Finishing dashboard is superb.
- Gets feel of Luxury car.

Driveability:
- Fantastic in the city and Highways.Very stable at high speed also. I touched at 120 very easily without putting any extra efforts but as i am new driver so i step it down.
- Easy and very smooth gear shift.
- The turning radius is good only 4.65m.
- Braking is good.
- Excellent Pickup. As compared to Old swift i find Micra is superb in Pickup.
- Suspension is good.

Noise levels:
- Feels like driving a Petrol Engine.

Mileage:
- Here comes Very important part. My daily driving is 100 KM in city only. First i used to get only 16.5 at very start (For 1 week). After that it goes on increasing and currently I am getting 20.5 KMPL at City condition[Still first servicing also not done]. Average and other details can be seen over the Drive computer. This is the very useful feature provided by Nissan. It shows current Avg., Gare shift average, Trip A, Trip B etc.

First Serviciing is at : 10,000 KM or after 6 months whichever is eariler.

Cons:
- Ground clearance is very less as compared to others - On Road price is more as compared to others. But personally I feel that it is worth after buying this.

Overall, I am highly satisfied with Nissan quality and feel about the CAR.
Currently I am having very few images that i am uploading with this therad. I will upload more pics in future and details about the Maintenance cost.
I hope this thread will help who are looking for Nissan. I was not able to find Nissan Micra Reviews at the time of booking [thumbsup]!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Vinod. [thumbsup] Nice review.
But no review is complete without Pics, can u post some pics of ur baby
Wish you happy and safe driving.[drive]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Vinod, Nice review, first Diesel Micra on TAI.
Can you please post cost break up? and also about delivery experience.
Braking is good or OK?
We would like to here more about servicing part, keep us updated.
Thanks for sharing and Drive Safe!

Excellent choice. Nothing wrong with this car. Not heard any single issue/niggle. Only concern is GC - 154 mm. Did u test your car on bad roads?

Post some pictures [:)]

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for posting this wonderful ownership review - First owner’s review of Micra on TAI. Do upload some pictures soon and keep us updated about future ownership experiences. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Thank you Surfer.
Here is the cost Breakup for PUNE city.

Model - Nissan MICRA
Model Xv diesel
Amount
Ex Showroom Price(Without Octroi) 5,74,684
Insurance 21,154
RTO (Individual) 46,803
Other Misc. Charges 6,602 --- This includes leather seat cover, Steering cover and Exhaust finisher.
Ext.warranty 5,475
H.P.A 100
On Road Price 6,54,264

Thank you JazzSelect. Micra diesel is launched before 1 year also I have not heard any issues till date so decided to go with this. I have tested it on Bad road . You are right ground clearance is too low. First i got problem with that but now i am able to manage even on bad road:)

Forgot to mention got 10 K corporate discount on above.

Thank you 350Z. As i am new to this forum, Can you tell me how to upload the pictures?

Congrats Vinod for your Nissan Micra.How was the dealer experience.Its a nice and spacious car.Post pictures of your newly arrived buddy.

First Micra on the forum, great going vinod! It seems a frugal car which is picking up slowly.
You seem to be breaking records with those averages. ~20 in city, that is just great.

Congratulations on your ride buddy. Do post some pics for us lesser mortals as well [cheers]

Congrats Vinod for cute Nissan Micra[:D].Well 20.5 kmpl in Pune is just WOW.How was the dealer experience.How is the handling in highway?

wow!! 20.5 in Pune.
I have heard people getting 30+ [surprise] on highways. is it true?
BTW, how much do you get on highways??? Kitna deti hai??? [:)]

Top Bottom