Nissan Micra Diesel Road Test Review

Can anyone throw light on the exact ground clearance of the Micra Diesel? In some material it is mentioned as 153 mm, however I spoke with one SA and he said its near about 165 mm.
Given the diesel has 15" wheels compared to the 14" on the Petrol one, GC should be more. But by how much considering that the diesel engine also weighs more than the petrol.
Prices are on the higher side. The base model is very close to top model Vista prices.

Let me update you with the differences in the current micra diesel model.
1. Current model is named as dci xv pure drive whereas model reviewed in this post is dci, which is old one. (pure drive mentioned on logo)
2. Rear seats now come with adjustable head rests which was not there in old dci model.
3. Vanity mirrors present on passanger side.
4. xv diesel comes with 14 inch steel wheel, this is same as petrol varient. (165/70-R14).
Top end varient comes with 15 inch alloys (170/60-R15).

Regarding ground clearance, i am also confused about it , even though I own diesel micra. Nissan has not mentioned it anywhere how ever SA from pune dealer told me that its around 164 where as lot of sites mention it to be 154. This GC figure was not mentioed on nissan site.
Only thing I can tell you is I found GC to be adequate if not good. Till now I have scrapped the bottom of my car twice and both time its because of my mistake. Just need to ensure that i slowly move over the speed breakers as suspensions are soft and if the car is loaded there is more chance of scrapping the bottom when the front tyres move across the speed breakers in speed.
Yes, Increased GC will definitly help.

Sorry for typo's, if any. Posting it from mobile.

Recently I TD the Micra D.
+ve points -
#Interiors - best in the cars bellow Rs 10 L. No wonder , it attracts ladies more than men.

#Many features. /safety features.

#Silent engine.

#Minimal Turbo lag.

-ve points -
#Rear seats and comfort -
The seating portion 's breadth is hopeless , even nano or auto rickshaws do better than Micra here. But for the same reason name ' Micra ' is justified.

#GC is hopeless, for same reasons Nissan prefers to hide it on paper.

#64ps/160 nm of torque is definitely adequate for the car because seriously speaking it is a two seater car which is equipped with add on rear seats. Also, car is not meant for long highway trips with four people on board. And when only two people on board , why one would need extra power and torque?

Rest driveablity,front seat comfort, parking ease is good. Boot space is proportional to size of the car . It can be increased by folding the rear seat.

Overall a better car for newly married couple or a ccouple who have primary school going kids.

It is a clear winner over its competition i. e. Chevrolet beat . But the Beat beats it in market because of Chevrolet promise ASS and prise.
Rest it should not be compared with better powered /spacious Swift, vista, Polo, i20, Punto etc. just because of matching price bracket.
I can't say anything about figo/pulse as I haven't TD them properly.

Last edited:
One of mine friend is looking to buy 2013 model with some cash offers. We went for PDI yesterday and found few things to be worried ?

1. Tyre manufacture date on one tyre was tampered (now reads as 3413) and I was not able to see data for other 3 tyres as the date side was other side facing underbody. I could clearly see that the place on which date printed was tampered like re-sealed with some new date.
2. Inside Engine bay- there is a small cut in plastic part which runs curvy with a beeding. Could be some alignment issues with bonet ? Place where I marked in PINK rectangle.

could you please throw some light on these findings ? I do not find any other issues, ODO stands at 60 KM.

Model: Micra base XE Diesel (2013 Oct)

Cheers
[confused]

Attachments

Last edited:
Please ask the dealer to change this rubber beading in the bonnet. That will be easy for them. Regarding tyres if all are 3413, there is no issues you can go ahead.

Thanks Anushman for your reply. Regarding the tyres, my worry was related to tampering of that manufacture date, I can see clearly that place was stamped with some date. Anyway my friend is going to showroom today again to clarify these things.

I have one more query regarding the battery. Car is manufactured in Oct 2013 and now its nine months approximately, do I need to request for a new battery with dealer ? Dealer told us that warranty period will start from day of delivery/registration.

I have one more query regarding the battery. Car is manufactured in Oct 2013 and now its nine months approximately, do I need to request for a new battery with dealer ? Dealer told us that warranty period will start from day of delivery/registration.
That is correct. Warranty will start from date of purchase (though from some manufacturers like TATA its otherwise). Hope its other way for Nissan.

Top Bottom