Nissan Magnite: New Compact SUV For India

Hooray....[clap][cheers]
The magnite aces the crash test.
Scores 4 stars in asean ncap.
"Kajang, Malaysia, 30 December 2020 The New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries (ASEAN NCAP) had recently performed an assessment on the model Nissan Magnite, the second assessed model under the Nissan brand in year 2020. Based on the overall score, ASEAN NCAP is pleased to announce that the new Nissan Magnite had successfully obtained 4-Star ASEAN NCAP rating in the assessment. Details of the results will be released soon."
ASEAN NCAP Assessment on Nissan Magnite – Aseancap
The asean ncap comes under the umbrella of the global ncap.
Activities of the New Car Assessment Programmes (globalncap.org)
Fantastic effort from Nissan, with the killer pricing and the cherry on the cake 4 stars in asean ncap. So the waiting period will stretch even further, I guess , currently the base model has a waiting period of 9 months .
Now for all the automotive pundits who tried to potray this as an inferior and budget product, I am eager to know their views now.

It means nothing. And it's of no value. Only if car is meant to be on Indian road, sold to Indians through dealers, is tested, then only we can pay attention.
No more should we be fooled by this. Until that test we can't be sure how much safe it is.

Last edited:
It means nothing. And it's of no value. Only if car is meant to be on Indian road, sold to Indians through dealers, is tested, then only we can pay attention.
No more should we be fooled by this. Until that test we can't be sure how much safe it is.
Rightly said,
Kia Seltos for Australia score 5 stars ANCAP where as for India GNCAP scores lowly 3 star.
Wont be surprised by Similar cost cutting measures by Nissan in this case.

Japs and Koreans have treated us like 3rd world country giving us lowest safety product. but yeah with all the blings. Thanks to Tata and Mahindra our homegrown giants that we are now having some respectable safe vehicles with all necessary bells and whistles.

350Z

Core Team
Nissan has announced that Magnite will continue to sell for introductory price for “most variants” until further notice. Plus, a third shift is being introduced in the plant in order to shorten the delivery period.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Kia Seltos for Australia score 5 stars ANCAP where as for India GNCAP scores lowly 3 star.
Pick a better example

Seltos IND vs AUS
- Platform is different (SP2i vs SP2)
- Manufacturing location is different (IND vs Korea)

Magnite IND vs INN
- Same platform
- Same manufacturing location (IND)

Nissan has announced that Magnite will continue to sell for introductory price for “most variants” until further notice. Plus, a third shift is being introduced in the plant in order to shorten the delivery period.
- 50k price hike only for the base XE variant (Starting price is now 5.5L approx)
- Other variants will remain with introductory price

OTOH, speaking of safety itself has no meaning in our market (except a fraction of buyers)
MSIL sales volumes speaks a ton about the same.

As per my view about the Safety Rating of Nissan Magnite,
The car tested was the Base model and all the Nissan Magnite's are manufactured in India and exported to other countries.
So even though it's ASEAN Ncap, Rating may be applicable to Nissan Magnite sold in India too.
Correct me if I am wrong.

As per my view about the Safety Rating of Nissan Magnite,
The car tested was the Base model and all the Nissan Magnite's are manufactured in India and exported to other countries.
So even though it's ASEAN Ncap, Rating may be applicable to Nissan Magnite sold in India too.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Well not necessarily the car is same. In case of Suzuki or Hyundai, car for india and export though built in se factory are very different right from the sheet metal used. And as expected the india specific cars all skim on safety features for saving costs.

Though with nissan I want to belive that they don't make different cars for india and export. But unless they confirm I will consider that both are different.

Well not necessarily the car is same. In case of Suzuki or Hyundai, car for india and export though built in se factory are very different right from the sheet metal used. And as expected the india specific cars all skim on safety features for saving costs.

Though with nissan I want to belive that they don't make different cars for india and export. But unless they confirm I will consider that both are different.
This looks good in terms of safety - Nissan India confirms Magnite sold in India is safe | Team-BHP

Top Bottom