Nissan Aims New Speed Records!!

Thread Starter #1
Nissan has announced plans to set two new speed records at the Goodwood Festival of Speed hill climb. While this sounds rather ambitious, as the FoS attracts the most extreme vehicles from auto makers and motorsports, the company is taking a unique approach that is filled with a variety of caveats. First and foremost, a Leaf will attempt to become the fastest vehicle to be driven up the hill - backwards. As ridiculous as this is, Nissan touts the fact that "Unlike petrol-powered cars, in which reverse gear allows only low speeds, the Leaf has an electric powertrain that, theoretically, enables it to be driven backwards as fast as it can go forwards." This means the Leaf has the potential to hit 90 mph (145 km/h).

A Juke will also attempt to set a speed record for being the fastest four-wheeled vehicle to drive up the hill on just two wheels. Both feats will be made by professional stunt driver Terry Grant who commented, "I've experienced Goodwood before, but never attempted to set a new record. To have the chance to grab not only one but two records at the same event will hopefully provide everyone with a very entertaining spectacle." Read more: Nissan aiming for two new speed records

Attachments

Sounds crazy. I dont know what is the significance of such records. But it is indeed interesting feature of Leaf which allows it to speed during reverse motion!

this is really crazy dude..who wants so much speed in reverse motion?? when every company is trying to add safety features nissan is trying to do this!!

I dont know what is the significance of such records
who wants so much speed in reverse motion?? when every company is trying to add safety features nissan is trying to do this!!
'Speed Record' is not the target here. Nissan aims to prove the 'Stability & Durability' at this speed records.

For example, Juke's driving on 2 wheels is the worst simulation for Cornering force & CG shift. This proves the durability of the axles & suspension members and the stability of the vehicle even after the worst CG shift.

Leaf's reverse up-hill test is something different, which I cannot reveal here as of now. Nissan's next EV will answer for this.

350Z

Core Team
Mr. Boss is correct. I think we are mis-interpreting about the capability of the cars. It’ll be fun to watch such an event live. I’m particularly excited about the Juke. Let’s see how it goes. Good luck Nissan!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom