Next gen Defender to be assembled in Pune according to Mr. Ratan Tata.Here are the highlights:
- Will stick to a body on frame construction, no monocoque.
- To use updated, lightened T5 platform, presently used for the Range Rover Sport and the Land Rover Discovery.
- Styling very close to DC100 concepts displayed in the Delhi auto show.
- Will share chassis and suspension parts with a 'REVISED' version of the Ariawhich is due in several years time!! But they will not be made on identical chassis.
- To lower manufacturing costs and price it competitively.
- Powered by new 4cyl. Petrol/Diesel engines made at the two new engine plants located at Wolverhampton and Pune.