Next Generation Nano Coming

Thread Starter #1
After the Nano not being able to create a buzz and not been able to shrug off its 'cheap' stigma, Tata Motors has other plans.

Now Tata is considering a new-generation Nano with a bigger engine, broader world appeal and a higher sticker price
Expects the next Nano could reach annual production levels of 500,000.

A larger engine will address complaints that the Nano’s 37-hp two-cylinder engine is noisy and sounds like a small motorcycle
Tata will keep offering the current version of the Nano, even after creating at least two more substantial versions of the nameplate
Nano sales peaked at just under 75,000 in 2012. Last year, sales fell below 22,000
http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150224/COPY/302249937/tata-plans-image-lift-for-ultracheap-nano

This is good move by Tata. They are not giving up on Nano. Now since we know that new Nano is on the cards, why not have a wishlist for the same?

Heres my list:
1. Bigger heart with no BRRR BRRR sound.
2. Revotron family engine would be big plus.
3. Inbuilt ICE (not like harman Kardon but better than existing one.)
4. Move the dials to the center.
5. AMT
6. Alloys and projectors on the top end model
7. Front engine
8. Openable rear hatch.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear VM, Thanks for sharing!

But I am slightly confused with the fact that TATA on one hand is planning another Nano platform car "Pelican" and then there is a Active AMT version of Nano planned for launch ((Link.) and there is also a news of axing the Nano by 2017 (Link). So among these news, how far in your view, will this new revamped Nano be successful here?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
But I am slightly confused ....
I guess all are confused with this announcement. We have the current Nano ( which will not be discontinued as per the report), then the Kite, then Bolt and so on.

Where will this fit, unless Nano is discontinued?

Top Bottom