Next Generation Maruti Suzuki Dzire Launched

Re: Next Generation Swift & Dzire Launch By 2017

2017 Suzuki Swift Sport images leaked

After a few spy shots of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift, the performance version of the car called the Suzuki Swift Sport has now been spied on a Japanese car magazine. The images reveal the sporty design cues of the car.

The 2017 Suzuki Swift Sport features a hexagonal grille, wider air-dams, sweptback headlights with LED DRLs and sporty alloy wheels. The side profile features sporty side skirts along the bottom of the car while the slopping roofline gives the car a young sporty design. The rear section gets an integrated roof spoiler, LED taillights and twin exhaust pipes. Currently the Swift Sport is exclusive to the European and a few Asian markets, while we can expect the car to be launched in India by late 2017 or early 2018.

2017 Suzuki Swift Sport images leaked | Latest Car News & Live Updates at OnCars.in

Attachments

Thread Starter #35

2017 Suzuki Swift Sport images leaked After a few spy shots of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift, the performance version of the car called the Suzuki Swift Sport has now been spied on a Japanese car magazine. The images reveal the sporty design cues of the car.
This is just a rendering based on the spy pics. India launch will be in 2017.

Thread Starter #36

Suzuki reveals the 2017 Swift !

watermark-template-copy.jpg

2017 Swift will come with the SHVS Mild Hybrid technology.

According to the press conference schedule for the 2016 Paris Motor Show, the all-new Swift is due to make its debut at 9:00 AM on September 29. The pre-production prototype spied by our carparazzi isn’t just any other Suzuki Swift, though. It is, in fact, the SHVS.

As you might have read in our guide on hybrid car types, the Suzuki Baleno SHVS is a mild hybrid. The older and bigger sibling of the next-generation Suzuki Swift relies on an ISG (integrated starter generator, as in an electric motor) to assist the engine during acceleration. The Suzuki ISG system also happens to generate electricity thanks to regenerative braking.

In other words, the Baleno SHVS (and the soon-to-debut Swift SHVS) are relatively related to the Ferrari LaFerrari hybrid hypercar. The tell-tale sign that the spied prototype is a 2017 Suzuki Swift SHVS comes in the form of an LCD display integrated into the instrument cluster which shows that the lithium-ion battery is 80 percent charged.

While we’re on the subject of the interior, it is worth mentioning that the two analog gauges which flank the LCD display bear a resemblance to something you might find in a Mercedes-Benz. A flat-bottom steering wheel is also on the menu, laden with cheap-looking plastic. The quality and finish of the plastics on the dashboard, however, appear to have gone up.

As far as the exterior is concerned, the 2017 Suzuki Swift looks as if the current Swift has gone to the gym and pull the weight sled. It’s cutesy yet taut, it’s funky yet practical, it’s perfectly alright for a supermini.

Read more: 2017 Suzuki Swift Spy Shots Reveal SHVS Mild Hybrid System - autoevolution

Attachments

I dont see anything wrong with the tried and tested engines these cars already have.
Instead of FE, if the company focuses on stronger cabins for Maruti cars, it would be great. I dont expect maruti to ever exceed a VW/ Fiat (even in dream), atleast better than what ever they are today.

Bigger engines will basically help drivers, drive faster, corner harder (15" wheels etc) so all this adds up to one thin, riskier cars in the making, especially after seeing the sheel metal quality of new baleno, I dont think the new swift will be any better (stronger)

kkn13

Suspended

I dont see anything wrong with the tried and tested engines these cars already have.
Instead of FE, if the company focuses on stronger cabins for Maruti cars, it would be great. I dont expect maruti to ever exceed a VW/ Fiat (even in dream), atleast better than what ever they are today.

Bigger engines will basically help drivers, drive faster, corner harder (15" wheels etc) so all this adds up to one thin, riskier cars in the making, especially after seeing the sheel metal quality of new baleno, I dont think the new swift will be any better (stronger)
You do realize just sheet metal doesnt mean the car is stronger........
I dont know the technicalities but I must comment on this "strong sheet metal=strong car" that many people feel, the chassis/platform is more important

Same way , people think Airbags and ABS are magically there to prevent harm which is wrong, if not used properly or depending on the scenario, it could be more dangerous than without them

Top Bottom