Next Generation Mahindra Scorpio Priced at Rs.7.98 Lakh (Coverage: Pg 28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mahindra Begins Development of Next Generation Scorpio

More rugged ? It will sell very well in bahubali (muscle-men) dominated areas then. More power engine should also come with better braking. And please more legroom for all 3 rows. Can we have a SUV which can be more sophisticated please ?? Not all are Chulbul Pandeys or Rowdy Rathores !!
It all depends on , one's priorities and needs my friend.

You may call what ever you feel, and the statements made were not by me, its by the officials, whom you can consult.

If you have concerns, you can contact Addressing -Brand Manager , customercare@mahindra.com, May be they will reply to all your concerns.

SUVs will never dominate Indian markets like US coz we don't have many soccer moms out here. [;)]
Again different people, different country , different priorities.

Oh no, you too have now got raj2004 syndrome, mhawk, mhawk, mhawk.
Now I too should start addressing my cars like CDI, CDI , CDI others can say VTVT, VTVT.....DDiS, DDiS, iVtec, ivtec, d4d, d4d etc.

And people will say, I just sold my Kappa and got multijet.

M & M should name new scorpio as Hawk, end of engine & name confusion !!
You may feel weird but that is what i call it.

You have atmost independence to call what you like, May be you think so.

Btw its Raj_5004, but who is 2004[roll].

Last edited:
Re: Mahindra Begins Development of Next Generation Scorpio

It all depends on , one's priorities and needs my friend.

You may call what ever you feel, and the statements made were not by me, its by the officials, whom you can consult.

If you have concerns, you can contact Addressing -Brand Manager , customercare@mahindra.com, May be they will reply to all your concerns.
The comments were made for those said this and not for one who reported it. [glasses]
And thanks for mentioning their email ID but personally I never liked their products, except for tractor.

You may feel weird but that is what i call it.
Yes but not all on forum may understand it. So for ease of understanding, I said to mention vehicle name than engine. Thats all.

Btw its Raj_5004, but who is 2004
My bad...its our very own 2012 Pintu-hawk raj.

Re: Mahindra Begins Development of Next Generation Scorpio (W105)

Thanks a lot for the information Mukesh. I do agree, once a Scorpio... always a Scorpio. Others wont understand this kind of emotion, so lets leave it at that. Even though I have driven the XUV, very honestly, I would still prefer a Scorpio over the XUV even today.

A friend who has got some contacts in M&M reported that the new Scorpio will be out only in late 2014. I feel it's a good move as I want M&M to take the Scorpio to the drawing boards and come out with a totally new model. this wasy, they can iron out all the glitches the current Scorpio has, namely ride quality and space.

Oh no, you too have now got raj2004 syndrome, mhawk, mhawk, mhawk.
Now I too should start addressing my cars like CDI, CDI , CDI others can say VTVT, VTVT.....DDiS, DDiS, iVtec, ivtec, d4d, d4d etc.

And people will say, I just sold my Kappa and got multijet. [;)]

M & M should name new scorpio as Hawk, end of engine & name confusion !!
We call the Scorpio as mHawk because the Scorpio has had 3 engines - non-CRDe (SZ), CRDe and mHawk. So when I say a Scorpio, people should know which model I am talking about. Not everyone knows that VLX/SLE comes with mHawk, SLX came with CRDe, LX used to have CRDe and now it has mHawk, GLX had non-CRDe, etc... So it is easier to call it mHawk. Sorry if that bothers you so much.

Last edited:

M&M has silently modified the suspension of the current Scorpio to control the bounce and rolling motion. This has been told to me by someone working in M&M.

^^Maybe thats the reason i did not experience any scary feeling doing ghats along mum goa highway.

M&M has silently modified the suspension of the current Scorpio to control the bounce and rolling motion. This has been told to me by someone working in M&M.
Do you mean in the refreshed ones? I have a Scorpio refresh bought in 2011.

My parents, in-laws and others who have traveled in my car have never complained of the bounce or vibrations [glasses]

The refresh was launched long back. This update was done recently. Depends on when the car was manufactured.

Thanks for the info Raj [:)]

Do you know from which month they implemented this change? My car's VIN says that it was manufactured in Feb 2011. I took the delivery in Mar 2011.

Is there a way of finding this by looking at the bottom of the vehicle? Any parts to look out for?

Thanks for the info Raj [:)]

Do you know from which month they implemented this change? My car's VIN says that it was manufactured in Feb 2011. I took the delivery in Mar 2011.

Is there a way of finding this by looking at the bottom of the vehicle? Any parts to look out for?
Sadly even my friend from M&M does not know when this was implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

i was told this was done in xylos too from december 2011 onwards. do not know that was applied to scorpios though :confused:

Hey hey ha ha [clap]

My beast has the Coil Spring as shown in the photograph. Looks like all the refresh vehicles from Feb 2011 have this [:D]

I was wondering when my company's CEO mentioned that my vehicle did not have the bounce and vibrations that were present in his car. His is pre-refresh m-Hawk model.

Coil springs are there in pre-refresh Scorpios also. But I am not sure what exactly has changed since I dont have a Scorpio to compare... :-(

Anyways, @sudharshang : So can we conclude that the newer Scorpios have a better ride?

Yes Rajeev. It is much better than the previous models.

I am not that much automotive techy but whatever pistons that are visible along with the coil springs in the photo, can be seen in my vehicle too [;)]

Had a chance to travel in a 6month old scorpio recently, and even i found that the ride quality is much improved[clap], but no way close to safari though.

This new scorpio will not come before 2 yrs. This has been said by Hormazd in this weeks autocar show. So no point in discussing this when there is no idea about this at all. Those who want to buy scorp should buy the one in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom