Next Generation 2013 Fiat Linea Production Begins

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Check this out, Fiat Linea in partnership with a Chinese Car manufacturer. Wonder how will it look like, Hope the current beauty of this car remains intact.

Recently Fiat signed a joint venture with the Chinese car maker Guangzhou Auto to make Fiat cars locally in China, which would considerably reduce the price due to that fact that Fiat vehicles are currently being imported and proving to be very expensive. Sources have confirmed that next generation Fiat Linea would be the first locally made Fiat car post the Fiat-Guangzhou Auto JV. We expect the new Linea to be in the production line in China by 2012. Looks like Fiat has wisely chosen Linea to launch first in China, considering the decent acceptance of Linea across other regions. If Fiat takes an extra initiative to overcome the odds in its present generation Linea, we are very sure that this would definitely be among the best sedans in its segment. (Courtesy: IAB)

Drive Safe,
350Z

I honestly don't think so. Chinese products have a very bad reputation abroad. They know this very weel. However, the reasons why all global players are interested in China is becuase of the wider market and cheap labour. Once they aquire some company there, they can easily produce some thing based on their own quality level, right? I think that is the strategy here. Let's wait and see!

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
And the certain reason why Chinese products are popular world-wide is primarily due to their cost-effectiveness compromising with the quality. Now since new Fiat Linea is going to be manufactured by collaboration with Chinese maker, I’m sure keeping those fingers crossed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

akit

Suspended
Re: Next Generation 2012 Fiat Linea in Making?

The Fiat Linea 2013 is somewhat similar in the side profile to its old generation or existing model of Linea, but it gets an entirely new fascia, the front bumper, headlamps, chrome grille, bonnet, fog lamps etc. are all new in styling. It gets a very sleek and sporty front look with new alloy wheel. The front windshield also appears to have become larger and merges smoothly with the roof of the car.

Attachments

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team

Doesn't it appears similar to Alfa Romeo? The looks are aggressive but the beauty of current Linea is missing. I would prefer if Fiat makes it a little sportier while retaining the charm and healthy presence of existing Linea.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team

Hi guys fiat can bring this car to south africa. i drive a linea 2010 model. I will defnitly swop it for the new one.
Welcome to The Automotive India, Casper. Nice to meet someone from Africa. How’s your Fiat Linea doing? Please consider sharing an ownership review with us. It’s a good sedan but has failed to pick up in India or any of the Fiats for that matter.

Drive Safe,
350Z

is that a turbo on that engine ?
This is the 2 cylinder turbo multi air engine. They will fit it to the Linea. Fuel consumption is already terrible in the Fiat 500. Despite claims of over 25km per liter it has not done better than 13 in all test done so far. Apart from it most
turbos have already been replaced, which doesn't instill any confidence,

If they release the Linea with the twin air, then my advise is to stay clear of it.

I love this car it is car is an good family car with lots of space. The only thing that i have against the car is its engine power the 1.4 16v is a liitle small for sutch a big car.

Welcome to The Automotive India, Casper. Nice to meet someone from Africa. How’s your Fiat Linea doing? Please consider sharing an ownership review with us. It’s a good sedan but has failed to pick up in India or any of the Fiats for that matter.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I love my linea its an nice family car and i will defnitly bye a new linea.[thumbsup]

Top Bottom