Next Generation 2013 Fiat Linea Production Begins

Re: 2013 Fiat Linea production begins

Hey Jayadev,have you heard of a component called 'gearbox'.If no,then its not your mistake and if yes,then it is my reply to the above words of yours.
You should drive 90 punto,then comment about gearbox.
it is by far the best utility gear box I have ever come across. very powerful lower and higher end and moderate middle band.
You will never stall in slow speed and never run out of breath in higher speed.
of-course such things cannot be digested by olskool and hearsay believers .

You should drive 90 punto,then comment about gearbox.
it is by far the best utility gear box I have ever come across. very powerful lower and higher end and moderate middle band.
You will never stall in slow speed and never run out of breath in higher speed.
of-course such things cannot be digested by olskool and hearsay believers .
Buddy take it this way,a DZire(older one) is having 75 BHP and Punto is having 90 BHP.
Both weigh nearly equal,still the DZire can easily outrun the Punto in 0-100 kph.If the Punto's engine has got such a fantastic top end then why this happens?
It is simple,the gearbox is culprit here,or say the longer then required gear ratios have stolen the true driving experience form Punto.Power and control makes a fantastic combo but if you have fantastic control but lack of power then everytime you have a feeling of missing something.
Either the gearbox is old school or the thinking of one may be old school,but you can't ignore this fact that Punto has got an engine which has enough power to pull it but has got a gearbox which is not meant for this car,NEW SLIGHTLY SHORTER GEAR RATIOS ARE WHAT PUNTO NEEDS.

Buddy take it this way,a DZire(older one) is having 75 BHP and Punto is having 90 BHP.
Both weigh nearly equal,still the DZire can easily outrun the Punto in 0-100 kph.If the Punto's engine has got such a fantastic top end then why this happens?
It is simple,the gearbox is culprit here,or say the longer then required gear ratios have stolen the true driving experience form Punto.Power and control makes a fantastic combo but if you have fantastic control but lack of power then everytime you have a feeling of missing something.
Either the gearbox is old school or the thinking of one may be old school,but you can't ignore this fact that Punto has got an engine which has enough power to pull it but has got a gearbox which is not meant for this car,NEW SLIGHTLY SHORTER GEAR RATIOS ARE WHAT PUNTO NEEDS.
Punto 90HP Kerb Weight is around 1150 Kgs
whereas Dzire Diesel Kerb Weight is around 1040-1060 kgs

So, its the extra 100+ kilograms also a curlpit here in a bit less performance.

Look at the figure of Enfield with 20BHP with Karizma 17BHP. Which is faster?
No guesses as their Kerb weight has almost 30 kgs of difference.

Over taking a dezire post 100kmph is childs play with punto 90 as well as 75hp versions.
if you need proof give a try..!
0-100 doest make any hard n fast rule here. manufacturer do it so that figure look luring in paper.

NEW SLIGHTLY SHORTER GEAR RATIOS ARE WHAT PUNTO NEEDS.
Punto's gear are already short and feel as if the car rushes on nose all the time...even shorter gear will make it feel like driving hyundai i20.

BTW if there was no speed check at 172 kmph, 90vgt can do 200kmph easily with same gearbox at 5200rpm... it have so much muscles.

Over taking a dezire post 100kmph is childs play with punto 90 as well as 75hp versions.
if you need proof give a try..!
0-100 doest make any hard n fast rule here. manufacturer do it so that figure look luring in paper.
But you are a calm driver and hence you don't do 120+ speeds.So DZire is still faster in your case,about Punto,I hope you may be remembering my experience with Punto that I posted in the thread called 'is fiat Punto sluggish'.I have no doubts on the capabilities of this car..[lol]

Punto's gear are already short and feel as if the car rushes on nose all the time...even shorter gear will make it feel like driving hyundai i20.
I feel them longer than required.Or maybe if they offer a sixth gear with adjusted gear ratios.

BTW if there was no speed check at 172 kmph, 90vgt can do 200kmph easily with same gearbox at 5200rpm... it have so much muscles.
No it can't,why?Because it will take years to reach 200 and before that the truck moving in front of you will force you to come down to 60 kph again.

No it can't,why?Because it will take years to reach 200 and before that the truck moving in front of you will force you to come down to 60 kph again.
+1 & I also doubt the stability of punto at such speeds. Infact, punto never inspired confidence over 130 kmph.

I am not a big fan of the face lift.The grill is the problem to me.

When is the next generation of the fiat linea coming,any news?

Why does tsivipul feel punto's gear ratios are tall.It does 100km/h at 2500rpm(75hp).What about 90hp diesel

The chevrolet beat does 90km/h in the second gear,what about punto?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does tsivipul feel punto's gear ratios are tall.It does 100km/h at 2500rpm(75hp).What about 90hp diesel

The chevrolet beat does 90km/h in the second gear,what about punto?
I guess he never drove one .[frustration]

he just assumed that punto feels sluggish just because of taller gear ratios (a logical assumption)

From the picture above I very much liked the linea, it looks very much mature and sober.

unlike the previous one with too much aggression and on face kind appeal.

If it is Fiat it has to be a beauty, let us wait n see how she looks in flesh..

The car look good in the pictures.Only changes done to the front and rear bumpers.The grill under the bonnet does not look in its place.The Fiat logo if put in the center of the grill , it may look better.

well front is looking great but fiat messed with rear. that big fat chrome is looking bad IMO! rear is now looking more small also!

Refreshed 2013 Fiat Linea arrives in Spain for 11,900 Euros

The 2013 Fiat Linea (or the refreshed Fiat Linea) is coming to Spain very soon and it boasts some serious improvements, both inside and outside.

Firstly, this is not just a Linea with different bumpers and styling, No. The 2013 model actually adds 4cm to its overall length and the result is a Linea that measures 4.59m in length.

Now to the more apparent details of the facelift. The entire front fascia has been redesigned and that includes the bumper (which embodies the Fiat Punto EVO’s looks), grille, air dam and fog lights.

Also included are new color options and a different styling for the wheel (though it seems that Fiat India already sells the Linea with these alloys here).

The interior sports mild alterations as well. Most prominent of which is the new music system with Blue&Me support. Minor tweaks to the dashboard and the stitching of the seats is also being reported on the refreshed variant. But does the 4cm increase improve the legroom? Sadly, it could just be the new bumpers taking up space.

Under the hood, the refreshed Linea will feature the MultiJet II diesel engine. What this is, is the same 1.3-liter engine (which runs 50% of India!) with some minor tuning. As a result, the power output has gone up to 95bhp. A Start-Stop system ensures that the Linea delivers 4.9l/100km (20.4km/l).

Fiat is also offering a Comfort trim on the car which ensures features such as rain and light sensors and rear parking camera with sensors.

The Spanish dealers have reportedly started accepting bookings for the car. The refreshed Linea starts at 11,900 euros.

Fiat India has announced that the Linea would be repositioned as the Linea Classic this year, to make way for an all new Linea next year.

Now, when we spoke to Mr. Enrico Atanasio, MD Fiat India, at the launch of a new dealership in Chennai last month, he said that the Linea Classic would boast significant changes. Are these the changes he was talking about? Or would we get some India specific changes for the Linea Classic? It is only a matter of time before we find out.

Refreshed 2013 Fiat Linea arrives in Spain for 11,900 Euros

Attachments

Top Bottom