Next Generation 2012 Honda CR-V Officially Revealed

The 2012 Honda CRV is heavily influenced from Volvo XC90. Without the Honda badge it can easily pass off as a Volvo XC90. I hope Honda India launches the CR-V with a 1.9 i-CTDi diesel engine to get back some market share in the ever competitive suv segment

350Z

Core Team
Just found that New Honda CR-V has already arrived in our neighborhood nation – Pakistan. The price is too exorbitant at 71,00,000 PKR.

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-1.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-2.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-3.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-4.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-5.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-6.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-7.jpg

New-Honda-CR-V-Brochure-8.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Looks very modern and sophisticated.But without a diesel engine it won't sell in our nation.
Yes it looks really good and elegant in flesh. I like it better then the current version specially the rear part. And interiors are neatly layed down. And the newer version is more aggressive looking as well.
And if Honda can manage to come up with a diesel engine I am pretty sure the new CR-v will be on the top amongst its competitors.

It looks really awesome !!

But as most of other said, it is a diesel era going on in India[:)], so either it is Honda CR-V or Toyota New Camry or some other thing without diesel it will just end up with 10 vehicles in each city !!

Honda is already started getting this heat of diesel vehicle competition in India however their cars are smooth with I-VTEC, it is not going to work [cry] now

Honda CR-V is the world’s best selling SUV

For the year 2012, the Honda CR-V was the world’s best selling SUV, clocking 635,256 units globally. The leadership position came easy, as the next best selling SUV, the Hyundai ix35 (known also as the Hyundai Tucson) managed a distant 494,453 units.

1/5 Suzuki cars sold globally may be in India, but our contribution to the Honda CR-V’s rise to the top is negligible. Due to the absence of a diesel engine, and as positioned in a segment which is limited in size, India hasn’t played a role to speak of in this feat.

At 295,096, the Renault/Dacia Duster is the eighth best selling SUV. Hyundai has two models in the top 10 list, with the Santa Fe finishing 10th with 237,562 units.

Neither the Ford EcoSport nor the Nissan Juke are to be seen in this list. Superstar brands Toyota Land Cruiser, Mercedes G Wagen and the Nissan Patrol are also not on the list as they are limited to certain markets and are on the pricier side.

However Ford does have a reason to celebrate, as the C-Segment Ford Kuga/Escape, just made the cut into the top 5.

With the Duster shining in India, and having impending launches in markets like South Africa and Indonesia, can it enter the top 5 in 2013? Will the Ford EcoSport, once available in 100 markets around the world, break into the top 5 or possibly ‘own’ this list?

Top 10 best selling SUV models for the year 2012 (sorted by place, model name, units)
1.Honda CR-V – 635,256
2.Hyundai ix35 – 494,453
3.VW Tiguan – 429,013
4.Toyota RAV4 – 428,514
5.Ford Kuga/Escape – 403,841
6.Kia Sportage – 387,142
7.Nissan Qashqai – 298,066
8.Dacia/Renault Duster – 295,096
9.Chevrolet Equinox – 293,152
10.Hyundai Santa Fe – 237,562

Honda CR-V is the world's best selling SUV

Attachments

2015 Honda CR-V facelift unveiled

Honda has officially revealed the European spec 2015 CR-V.

It has been rumoured that Honda will bring the 2015 CR-V to India next year.The facelifted CR-V gets a new grille and headlamps. There are also new front and rear bumpers, skid plates and LED tail lamps.Honda have equipped the interior with a new app-rich infotainment system. The seven-inch screen, called Honda Connect, allows the passengers to pair their mobile phones via Bluetooth.
The highlight however is the power-train. The new CR-V gets a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine that makes 158 bhp and 350 Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual or a new 9-speed automatic. This 158 ps powertrain will be available only in 4WD option.

The 1.6 i-DTEC is also offered with the 2WD model, but the output is lower at around 118 bhp and it only comes with the 6-speed manual. Honda will also continue to offer the 2.0-litre i-VTEC petrol that makes 153 bhp.

2015-Honda-CR-V-2.jpg
image copyright respective owners

Source:2015 Honda CR-V Facelift Unveiled - Overdrive

Last edited:

Top Bottom