Next-Gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Launched in India

Firstly, I am happy Maruti finally introduced Auto AC in Top end Ertiga, which was missing in earlier generation and I think also in Indonesian new version as well.

Coming to the pricing. I think Maruti has been over confident or they think pricing near to competitors would sell theor vehicles well. Just compare older generation and new Ertiga there is huge jump in Petrol variants pricing and diesels have premium of Rs 1.4 Lacs over petrol. I cannot find logic for this [frustration]

Version--------OLD---------NEW
LXI------------6.34---------7.44
VXI------------7.66---------8.16
VXI(AT)-------8.68---------9.18
ZXI------------8.27---------8.99
ZXI+----------8.85---------9.50
LDI------------8.79---------8.84
VDI------------9.58---------9.56
ZDI------------9.95--------10.39
ZDI+---------10.69--------10.90

Attaching the brochures.

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG to launch within six months

Sources tell us that the new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG will be launched within six months and the company is currently in the process of fine-tuning the 1.5-litre motor with CNG fuel. There are talks of the model being continued to be offered with Smart Hybrid tech and a dual-battery set-up with the CNG trims as well; but more details are expected to surface close to its market introduction.

Read:

This looks a nice package, with decent prices from 7.44 to 10.5L with 2 AT variants to choose from.

I'm sure there will be a long waiting period from the beginning. Let's see what happens to Marazzo, viz a viz Ertiga.

the package is very nice so is the car with increased length the last row is more comfortable than before.
The waiting period is estimates as about 6 weeks(the showroom person said so on launching day )

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2018 Maruti Ertiga bookings reach 10,000 units mark

New-gen Maruti Ertiga debuted the market just 2 days back. The bookings opened up last week at the showrooms. Now, reports say that the bookings have reached up to 10,000 units in just 1 week. The waiting period for same has increased up to 2-3 months depending on the variants.

Read:

Folks, Visited Sai service in Miyapur, Hyderabad and saw the New Ertiga in Flesh.

> Very good looking car and spacious.
> 3rd row recliner and extra few mm legroom made it very very usable.
> I am 5'11 and could sit in 3rd row without rubbing my knees to the 2nd row seats even when first and second row adjusted to my seating.
> Boot is very impressive, under floor storage is an innovative Idea. 3rd row seats fold complete flat to make huge luggage space.
> I am generally not a big fan of Maruti but this car has lot of practicality. Build wise i feel its better than the new Dzire but nowhere near VW, FIAT or not even Hyundai.

Petrol variants are priced well. You should not be looking for diesel until you drive more than 25k per year.

No Test drive vehicle was available.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
This looks a nice package, with decent prices from 7.44 to 10.5L with 2 AT variants to choose from.
Sir Front Looks remind me of the Innova Crysta (the headlamps), and rear design look Volvo'sh. Being a Maruti, it is bound to sell.

I'm sure there will be a long waiting period from the beginning. Let's see what happens to Marazzo, viz a viz Ertiga.
Sir, Marazzo has had a luke warm response. In Delhi, what I have seen so far, many of them are inducted in fleet and just a couple of them i.e 1 or 2 had private numbers. Compared to Ertiga, it would be a uphill task for Marazzo and this fierce competition was anticipated from the time Marazzo launched. Marazzo has it's plus points but Ertiga has loyal followers that's what will make all the difference.

Regards

Akash

Loved the boot space and the design of the steering wheel, but the 1.3ddis unit? Why is it they don't come with a more powerful diesel engine, a 1.5 or the 1.6 ? Everyone knows that anything from the Maruti stable will sell like hot cakes!

The car looks wonderful but my only grouse is the thin sheet metal. Interiors also look nice and the last row is pretty comfortable as per my friend who sat in it. He said it is comparable to his hexa(he is 5'10). But I'm disappointed that Maruti didn't get the 1.5 diesel. After seeing them test the car for so many months, I expected a 1.5 diesel. Missed opportunity by Maruti.
A question to fellow members: why is it that Maruti thinks the diesel does not need a temperature gauge? Even the facelift Ciaz doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, AT variant does not come with infoinment system, android auto, google carplay and rear parking camera.

Can anyone confirm, whether these can be fitted as an accessory?

Much better than the older model. Good job Maruti. Pricing too looks on the spot. This is more like soft roader wheteas Marazzo is more rough and tough. ARAI FE figures are unbelievable for an MPV at 24.7kmpl whereas Marazzo is just 17.3! Yes the Marazzo is body on frame and is substantially larger and feels a segment above. Only apprehension is build quality and no top variants in AT. Also this feels underpowered by having just a 1.25L engine for a 3 row car. Hope Maruti does something about the built quality. I recently sat in a 2yrs old Baleno and was surprised how bad it felt. Also rattling sound was too much from the back.

Last edited:

Top Bottom