Next Gen BMW 3 Series (F30) Now Revealed

350Z

Core Team
I haven't seen someone calling road side assistance for a small puncture. If BMW gets the puncture fixed if we call road side assistance then it's good.
Forget the tyres, road side assistance also includes fuel if you call them up. Pulling the information straight from the horse’s mouth:

BMW RSA 2.jpg

BMW RSA 1.jpg

BMW RSA 3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well then that's great! Yeah but i lose precious time. It might atleast take an hour or maybe even more for them to arrive to the spot and then fix it. For someone who travels by road a lot and does frequent long trips this surely is an issue , think from that angle.

I still maintain , this is a big mistake from BMW and they should have provided a spare tyre.

Not that this bothers me though , even if i buy a BMW( not likely to happen for the next 2-3years atleast) i will happily buy a space saver spare tyre or maybe even a full size tyre and save my time and also have peace of mind.

man bmw offers a hell lot of things. This even better then what our insurance companies offer us. Thanks 350z for adding these things, makes even more sense to choose a bmw over an audi or a merc.

man bmw offers a hell lot of things. This even better then what our insurance companies offer us. Thanks 350z for adding these things, makes even more sense to choose a bmw over an audi or a merc.

BMW makes most sense compared to Audi and Merc because of the maintenance package they offer. If you opt for those packages then you will have peace of mind for the next 5 years! But there are many loopholes and read their terms and conditions of their warranty and insurance coverage carefully.

that goes without saying. we all have to compulsorily read the t&c. Btw anyone knows how much their alloys cost? And what interior color options to they provide

Thread Starter #52
I personally know BMW owners who are not happy with the RFT. Not only because of the spare tyre thing but also these tyres are extremely hard and so they are not very comfortable in low speeds , in other words ride quality is harsh in low speeds.
That's what I have heard. So the problem is the ride quality. But then having a softer ride affects handling. I drove the BMW and the Audi on the same road and didn't find any problem with the RFT ride. The road was relatively good. Anyway most of the luxury cars spend most of their time on good roads.

Still don't believe me , search for BMW ownership reviews online and atleast 7 out of 10 people would have accepted that RFT'S are not comfortable.
It's not the question of believing. I have read the reviews too. Other than the harsher ride they were not many problems. I somehow prefer the harsher ride compared to the soft ride.

Many people stay with the RFT fearing warranty issues and few stay with them because of budget constraints. I have seen even owners reporting ride quality has improved after switching to tubeless tyres. I don't think the owners should be lying , and i trust those owner's words.
Ride quality will improve. I am not denying that. But that is not the point. The RFT is otherwise quite reliable.

And one doesn't need to own an RFT to talk about it , this is just basic common sense and logic. Suppose i am on my way uphill to Ooty which is a good 60KMS and i get a puncture and there is no shop to fix it. The moment i reach Ooty i have to buy a new tyre now which is worth 20k. And also not to mention the constant fear of driving with a flat tyre in ghat roads , speeds should be below 80kmph.
Again how often does it happen. How often do normal tyres get punctured? Then how often are these cars used on these roads? These cars spend most of their time on city roads. You don't have to own a RFT to talk about it. I don't own one too. But I've noticed that in some forums, these issues are just hyped. Most of the noise is made by people other than the owners. A lot of the owners are not complaining. BMW is outselling Merc and Audi in some segments.

A simple spare wheel will save my time and ensure peace of mind.
A few years ago people would say "A simple tube will save my time searching for a tubeless tyre puncture repair guy". Then there was the worry find a repair guy in remote places. Today who bothers about this? The Honda scooters don't come with a spare wheel. No one complains.

I don't mind paying even a Lakh rupee to maintain or replace a part but such simple things should have been in the minds of BMW while giving a car to our country.
BMW sells their cars in a lot of countries where the conditions are worse than India. If the problem was so serious, they would have provided a spare.

Ultimately, will you choose a Audi or Merc just because BMW dosen't provide a spare. In that case why are the Mahindra and TVS scooters not outselling the Honda's which come without a spare.

Agreed that a spare would be nice. But why not give new technology a chance. Once it gains mass acceptance, prices will come down. Just imagine what would have happened if we had shunned tubeless tyres, MPFI etc. Remember, a lot of people had apprehensions about these 2. Who will repair tubeless tyres? MPFI cars cannot be repaired by roadside mechanics. What will happen if it breaks down in a remote place?

Peter bro i am not telling BMW to scrape the RFT'S , i appreciate their innovation and their concern towards safety. I heard these RFT'S don't burst even if run together several KMS at pretty high speeds.

What i am telling is why don't they give a space saver spare tyre along with the car? Again one has to pay another 20k for getting that. Again for a guy paying 30Lakhs , 20k shouldn't bother much , but these are nicer things which i would expect BMW to provide. Most of the BMW reviews i read the owners have purchased a space saver spare tyre.

All said i have nothing against BMW and if asked to choose between the 3-series , A4 and C-class i will prefer the 3-series eyes closed![cheers]

I agree with you buddy (cooldhaya). If given the choice i would go with the 3 series as i have driven all three of them. And Beamer is awesome.

For the past 30 years or so, the 3-Series has been to BMW what the Golf is to Volkswagen: the most popular and brand-defying model in its lineup.
BMW has released a video that takes us on a short tour throughout the history of the 3-Series, starting from the E21 in 1975 and finishing with the newly launched F30.

The first generation of the compact executive model codenamed E21 was introduced in 1975 as a replacement to BMW's so-called "New Class" series that included cars like the 1500 sedan and the famed 2002 coupes.

The E21 was offered as a two-door saloon only with Karosserie Baur having developed a factory-authorized targa-top model.

Perhaps the most important generation of the 3-Series family is the E30 built from 1982 to 1991 with some variants living on through 1993. The E30 defined the 3-Series in many ways and set the template for all next generation models.

Among other highlights in the history of the E30 was the addition of four-door sedan, convertible and Touring (station wagon) body styles, an all-wheel drive variant, the sportier iS models which were much like today's M Performance models, and of course, the M3 in Coupe and Convertible trims.

The history of the 3-Series continued with the more modern and upscale E36 in 1990 that established the Bavarian brand as a leader in the compact executive segment, followed by the E46 in 1998, which is considered by many as the best looking member of the family, the E90 in 2005 and the current F30 that came to life this year.

BMW 3 Series. History. - YouTube

This looks really great ... BMW has redefined the 3 series with more modern outlook .
definitely will give a tough competition to Merc C class and Audi's product line up.
this would help bmw to regain their top spot surpassing Audi in india.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

The 2016 Face-lift of the 3 Series Sedan by BMW will be unveiled on the 07th of MAY 2015 at an event in Munich. The car has been given mild tweaks on exteriors and is expected to have a tuned engine for better efficiency.

The facelifted 3 Series is expected to get a revised front fascia with optional LED headlights, a tweaked kidney grille and new front and rear bumpers. New alloy wheel patterns and an LED strip for the taillight are other expected cosmetic revisions.
Changes inside will be far more discreet with an updated iDrive system and a new range of trim options.
link

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

New 3 Series Sedan Unveiled by BMW today.

201504-P90180562-zoom-orig.jpg

The BMW 3 Series is the founder of the modern sports sedan segment and has been fêted as an icon of this vehicle class for 40 years. Over what is now six model generations, the BMW 3 Series has set the standard for dynamic excellence, efficiency and design, forging an emotionally rich connection between a sporting driving experience and unbeatable everyday practicality. Around one in every four BMWs sold is a BMW 3 Series Sedan or BMW 3 Series Touring, which makes this model series the most successful in the BMW brand’s line-up. Sharper design, even more advanced technology and cutting-edge engines ensure the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and new BMW 3 Series Touring are a more attractive proposition than ever before. The new BMW 3 Series model range will be available with an extensive spread of engines from launch. Four petrol units and seven diesels are available, developing from 85 kW/116 hp to 240 kW/326 hp (combined fuel consumption: 7.9–3.8 l/100 km [35.8 – 74.3 mpg imp]; combined CO2 emissions: 185–99 g/km). They can be linked up with a six-speed manual gearbox and an eight-speed Steptronic transmission (standard on the BMW 330d, BMW 335d and BMW 340i Touring). The new BMW 3 Series is available with classical rear-wheel drive or BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive, depending on the model.

Great exterior presence, sophisticated and high-quality interior.

The design of the new BMW 3 Series stands out with even greater precision and various detail improvements. At the front end, new aprons with revised air intakes accentuate the feeling of width, while the sensor for the optional Active Cruise Control (ACC) is harmoniously integrated into the central air intake. The sculptural rear apron design, including a Line-specific trim element, and standard LED rear lights likewise emphasise the car’s width and thus its sporting appearance. An innovative lighting concept, featuring newly designed headlights and striking LED daytime driving lights, underlines the car’s sporty and powerful visual appeal. Full-LED headlights can now be specified as an option. The interior, meanwhile, makes an even classier impression with new materials and additional chrome highlights for the controls, air vents and central control panel. The newly crafted centre console with a sliding cover for the cupholders enables better use of the storage surfaces forward of the gearshift lever and takes the outstanding ergonomics of the BMW 3 Series to an even higher level. A wide range of personalisation options as far as upholstery and interior trim elements are concerned, as well as new wheels, exterior colours and equipment options, round off the specification choices for the new BMW 3 Series.

Setting the benchmark – even sportier, even more efficient.

All the three-, four- and six-cylinder petrol engines for the BMW 3 Series model range and the four-cylinder diesel units in the BMW 316d, BMW 318d and BMW 320d are now sourced from the newly developed, modular BMW EfficientDynamics engine family. Features including revised turbochargers help give the new four-cylinder diesel engines even sharper responses, while the three-cylinder petrol engine is a new addition to both the BMW 3 Series model range and the segment as a whole. Making its BMW 3 Series debut is the four-cylinder petrol engine in the BMW 320i Sedan/BMW 320i Touring (combined fuel consumption: 5.9–5.3/6.3–5.5 l/100 km [47.9–53.3/44.8–51.4 mpg imp]; combined CO2 emissions: 138–124/147–129 g/km)*. Celebrating their world premiere, meanwhile, are the four-cylinder unit in the BMW 330i Sedan/BMW 330i Touring (combined fuel consumption: 6.5–5.5/6.7–5.8 l/100 km [43.5–51.4/42.2–48.7 mpg imp]; combined CO2 emissions: 151–129/157–135 g/km)* as well as the six-cylinder petrol unit in the BMW 340i Sedan/ BMW 340i Touring (combined fuel consumption: 7.7–6.5/7.0–6.8 l/100 km [36.7–43.5/40.4–41.5 mpg imp]; combined CO2 emissions: 179–152/164–158 g/km)*. Despite their superior power, further improvements have also been made to the efficiency of the engines; fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are down by as much as 11 per cent. The new 320d EfficientDynamics Edition Sedan (combined fuel consumption: 4.3–3.8 l/100 km [65.7-74.3 mpg imp]; combined CO2 emissions: 113–99 g/km)* develops 120 kW/163 hp, yet emits just 99 g/km of CO2 when the eight-speed Steptronic transmission and standard tyres are specified. Indeed, the new transmissions also contribute to the increased efficiency of all variants.

On cars specified with the six-speed manual gearbox, the engagement speed control function automatically blips the throttle on downshifts, for example. The eight-speed Steptronic transmission allows multiple sequential downshifts, which has a positive effect on smoothness and acoustics. The coasting function, meanwhile, increases efficiency by another notch. The further developed dampers, stiffer suspension and even more precise steering of the new BMW 3 Series ensure a clear elevation of the new BMW 3 Series’ dynamic potential, combined with the same impressive ride quality as that of its predecessor.

New Navigation system Professional and LTE mobile technology.

BMW plays a leading role in the link-up of driver, vehicle and outside world. Its BMW ConnectedDrive range of products and services offers a unique selection of web-based services and innovative driver assistance systems designed to enhance comfort and improve safety. For example, the full-colour BMW Head-Up Display in the new BMW 3 Series enables all relevant information to be displayed directly in the driver’s field of vision, leaving the motorist to concentrate fully on the road ahead. The Navigation system Professional impresses in city centres, in particular, with quicker start-up, significantly faster route calculation and even more realistic 3D graphics. The navigation maps are automatically updated free of charge for a period of three years. In the owner’s home region, the embedded SIM card allows these updates to take place automatically over the air via the mobile phone network. The new BMW 3 Series is the first model (depending on the equipment specified) in the premium mid-size sports segment to support the fastest current mobile technology standard (LTE). The Parking Assistant now enables automatic parallel parking as well, while Auto PDC also automatically activates the front parking sensors when manoeuvring.
View attachment The_new_BMW_3_Series_Sedan_The_new_BMW_3_Series_Touring.pdf

Official Source

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends

BMW has imported in India, 2 units of the face-lift 3 Series that was recently revealed by them. The import details have been availed from this link. BMW apparently has imported both model for testing purpose.

3-Jun-2015 87033291 BMW 320 D CHASSIS NO. WBA8C520X0P973900 AND ENG NO 70209089 NEW MOTOR CAR DIESEL VERSION 1995 CC (FOR TESTING PURPOSE)
Germany Bombay Air Cargo UNT 1

3-Jun-2015 87033291 BMW 320 i CHASSIS NO. WBA8A120X0K430400 AND ENG NO 20139089 NEW MOTOR CAR PETROL VERSION 1998 CC (FOR TESTING PURPOSE) Germany Bombay Air Cargo UNT 1
Regards

Akash

Top Bottom