Newbie Vicky

Thread Starter #1
Hello all TAI members.

I am vicky from Udhampur (J&K).

Thanks TAI for providing me the platform to learn and share about automobiles.

Presently I am owning M800 AC which has done 16000km on the odometer and swift vxi (dad's) at home done 1500km on odo.

Roads here are worst in conditions except new Four lane NHW. I usually take my car for weekend trips to patnitop and other remote areas. But not satisfied due to lack of power breaks and steering.

Now I am planning to buy Fiat punto active diesel 2011 model which has done only 52000 kms on odometer from one of my friend as he is upgrading to suzuki s cross.

All suggestions are welcomed.
Regards vicky

New bie vicky

Welcome aboard Vicky, wishing you a pleasant stay here.

Three days back I was also at Patnitop itself after visiting Vaishno Devi. A wonderful place it is I must say.

Coming to your query:
If the Punto can be had for a mouth watering price then go for it, take the advantage of poor resale value of Punto. BTW Punto is really good for bad roads as well as the wide corners on the roads there, fun filled moments you know.

Get the vehicle thoroughly checked at the A.S.S. and go for it if everything found well.

All the best for your purchase.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks vipul.
The price is really mouth watering, and the car is really worshipped by the owner. But I am afraid of scraping on rough roads here as it is a 2011 model with GC 161mm And the owner himself told me that his car scrapped thrice on way to rajouri.

Please suggest.

If the car is really well maintained then nothing wrong in going for it.

Scraping is not actually a very big deal. You just need to be a bit extra careful while traversing really bad patches. Clear the large speed breakers by diagonally going over them. Adding to this, minor scraping can be ignored given that it doesn't happen regularly.

All in all, go for the car and be a bit careful over the worse patches.

Scraping normally occurs on either steep sided tall speed breakers or at the time of coming out of deep potholes with sharp edges, just be a bit extra careful over these two and the issues are gone or reduced to negligible.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks sir. Your suggestions make me all set to go for it. I am new to this forum and doesn't know much about posting rules. Please suggest me accordingly. Moreover I want to post the pics of car but unable to attach them. Kindly tell me how to post them.

Regards
Vicky 0501
Slow drive safe drive. Keep alive

Thread Starter #7
Good evening everyone.
Today I took test drive of the car for 6-7 kms. The starting was really good. As I haven't drove diesel car much more but it wasn't difficult for me to handle the car. The only problem which I was facing in start was gear shift but after some time I realised that the clutch of the car was down and after that I was having fun. When I reached on NHW, I pressed full throttle and the beast was giving a back push to my seats after crossing 2500 RPM. I took the car at the speed of 110 KMPH with very ease. The car is really maintained nicely. I will post pictures later on.

Top Bottom