New White Hyundai Verna Fluidic - Snaps on Pg.3

350Z

Core Team
Re: White Hyundai Verna Fluidic - Coming Soon!

Congrats Raman. Fluidic Verna is a nice choice and they are already raining in TAI. Why was Fiat Linea also out of consideration?

Drive Safe,
350Z

congrates Raman.... diesel verna is beast in its segment.

anybody booking new car , should really wait for autoexpo 2012 in january.
there are lot of new bunch of cars coming and includes honda city facelifted.

my dad owns new honda city '11 model. it lacks some important features but it's lot better in comfort and little better in handling.

Thread Starter #18

350Z-Linea was one of the choice also earlier. Some things i did not liked in it was:
Poor Sales Service from Tata Guys-They wanted to sell more of Tata Cars not Fiat.
I found steering of Linea little heavy-may be the TD car was not good.
The TD car was too much in pathetic shape (i took td at my home) which really made my family say no straight.
And most important-I feel linea would be again like a car which would be tough to sell later and no idea about how much long the relationship lives between Tata and Fiat. I had bad experience in Optra which i own-though its beautiful car but overall GM is not aggressive in terms of keeping customers happy-Another story which i can post for my 76000km run for Optra. Overall this time i wanted a car which would be running easy on pocket and if i need to sell-it sells before i think of, not i have to find a customer and overall i get a package which is low cost in terms of Total Cost of ownership for 6-7 Yrs for which i shall keep the car.

Raman - Dint go for the city because I feel Verna is a great value for money car and more suited to my driving needs. I do less than 700 kms a month, mainly city driving and not an "engine revver" so to speak. True the Honda City is a fantastic car and I loved the test drive, but I think the Verna had a great drive too, and what is lost in engine pep, it kinda made up in features. Also I figured Hyundai is cheaper to maintain than a Honda.

@ Raman , Shubham , True City Lover - While I agree that your respect for the city as the permier petrol vehicle so far was justified, Im curious to know if you would still maintain that City is superior to Verna as the overall value for money car to buy. The Verna SX and City VMT both come for 9.7L now. Have you guys tried the Verna petrol ? Or is your opinion more out of respect for the hey-day City. I feel Verna has packaged a better combination of features, great interiors and a reasonably good drive to outdo the City which in its 3rd year might be a bit dated. this is just my opinion and the reason why I chose a Verna SX over a City VMT. I would love to hear why you guys still pitch for the city...

sid at 10.2 you get the top of the line petrol variant.
Are you sure ? Coz Dealerships here show a 80k difference. I figured it wasnt worth that much of a difference. I love the seats of the SXo though, i intend getting the same leather seats on my Sx.

[surprise]
BTW - your FE stories are scaring me a bit[surprise]

Looks like you and I will be the only petrol variant owners on this site. [lol]

dont worry fo the fes man i know one way to get round it finding pure fuel. another way is using thinner engine oil as said in the manual. Another way is to check the ecu and fuel curves with hyundai as theres an issue in the international ones and has been corrected by an ecu update and yes i do redline it occassionally but dont have lead feet btw where you located why not spend the difference theres more then the seats which youd love im sure. i just checked the prices 80k difference if your in the city area. if in thane or panvel then 70k difference.
there are few guys here and on other forums who have taken petrol, most others have high usage or scared fo petrol prices and took a diesel, i have a nut in my area his monthly usage is 300kms max and he took diesel to save money

Last edited:

, i have a nut in my area his monthly usage is 300kms max and he took diesel to save money
ROFLLLLLLL - Maths was not his best subject for sure. [lol] . I stay in Kandivali. Hmmm, i'll consider the O Option too now. Im consider booking on Saturday. My parents 35th marriage anniversary, so its my gift of sorts for them. And I hope to get it before my Bday in Jan[:D] . As it stands now.

Verna - 98% chances of booking.
City - 2% chances of booking.

Now to get too 100% by Fri night [frustration]. Maybe a few beers will clear my head [cheers]

scotch works best. anyways it a good gift idea. i plan to gift myself a caska in jan for my bday have you considered a vento??? good car and handling good engine but a bit noisy and not so much feature as verna though

Last edited:

scotch works best. anyways it a good gift idea. i plan to gift myself a caska in jan for my bday have you considered a vento??? good car and handling good engine but a bit noisy and not so much feature as verna though
No.... I started out with City,Fiesta,Verna and Scorpio on the shortlist. 2 fell out. 2 left. Somehow not sold on the looks of a Vento ( in comparison to Verna / City ). Thats the only reason. iv heard its a great car too. I keep my cars for 5-7 years. Even the Wagon R that i currently have [cry] . So might as well live with a hot ride [;)] .

get the verna its kind of future proof. im not sure if the city has a cd player or automatic climate control and definitely no electric fold able mirrors.
petrol prices decreased by rs 0.78 paise

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28

Guys-Do we have any thread here which i can refer to for: I would adding some art-leather stuff for Verna, say seat covers, Steering Cover. Don;t want to go for some thing like Stanley -as i would keep them for 1-2 years and either change or get them off. Leather look only because of looks-it will be premium looks-though i would have a very tough time in Hot weather during summers. So my query is: I need some designs too look at as Verna has 2 -tone interior so i should go for 2-tone leather covers or single tone off white. I would need some pictures which i can show to the person to make one for me. Don't like much showy kind of stuff-so please do not refer that. :-)

Second requirement would be: To have Alloy's? or not to have. If i should go for-Then suggest some pictures for it.
Should i got for upgrade of Tyre also: Current configuration would be 185 with 15" and i can move to 195. 16" (which are available in other model of Verna).

Guys help me here with pictures and reason-should i upgrade to Tyre(s) and Alloys or keep the original frames as though.

I booked fluidic 1.6 crdi colour carbon grey on 16.11.2011 at Downtown Hyundai after test drive of optra magnum 2.0 LT, Altis corrolla, vento highline, sx4 zdi. While booking was told that waiting period is 3-4 months! Hopefully the dealer keeps his word. Could any body tell me what is the average waiting for the verna at Baroda!!!!!!![lol]

you generally get the car before the estimated date mostly. congrats on your booking and welcome to the forums. hope to see you beauty soon till then we are always here to help

Top Bottom