New White Hyundai Verna Fluidic - Snaps on Pg.3

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

My first post here, so could be i am not 100% correct in here, please moderators-Move this thread as you find appropriate.

Shortlisting:

Booked my Fluidic Verna on 5th Nov-Booking experience was great. My brother had some influence with the dealership so we were given enough promises that we would be given car very soon in-spite of 3-4 months of waiting period.
But its been almost a month, we are still waiting. The waiting period on Verna is increasing day by day!

Shortlisted Cars:

Vento-
Liked the looks of the car very much but A.S.S pushed me not to be owner of this car. And the Policy of VW is not in favor of customers. As per them you cannot make any changes in the car outside of their authorized workshops, be it getting seat covers, putting up of alloy wheels etc.

Being proud owner of Optra for 6 years, i find Vento too in the same badge. Good car but higher cost of ownership in terms on maintenance.

Rapid-
Launched after i booked the Verna, but again the same story. Skoda brand again is high on overall cost of ownership specially after sales services and spare parts cost.

Optra Magnum-
Fantastic machine and great to drive. The dealer of Optra was giving me huge (about 50k) discounts. This car was liked by everyone in the family, but me being at the driving side said no as it would be buying another Optra and i do not want to be in same type of car again for next 4/5 years. So I had to say no to this car.

Maruti Dezire-
We already own this in our family so straight away was no to bring another same car at home.

SX4-

I liked this car a lot and thought of getting this one, but my experience with dealers while checking the car was not good. Maruti guys show that they are king of cars and do not bother much about customer satisfaction (my personal experience-no offense). Most of local dealers showed no interest in selling this car and again which was not a good sign for us to finalist the car.
[frustration]

Could not find any other car which could match my basic requirements.
This time after having own these all - optra (sold after 76k on board), dezire, I10 , Verna (sold after running 1 lac kms), i had in mind to have a car with low total cost of ownership as low as possible.

Hyundai as brand looked best possible match and as fluidic verna launched, I decided to go for this car and started to hunt for selling my Optra Petrol.
Selling this car was little tough but managed to do in couple of months.

So at the end on Nov 5th, the day came when i had booked white 1.6 Fluidic.

I am eagerly waiting for its delivery which dealer has promised us in next 1-2 weeks.

Will post my first review and ownership of the car with pictures and my experience in buying this fantastic machine.
keep looking![:)]

Thanks

Raman

Re: White Hyundai Verna Fluidic-Coming soon!

hey buddy congrats , verna is a great car totallty V.F.M, i also get mine on 25th november and clock 600 km in 3 days and initially i get 15 kmpl toatly city and hill drive which is infact great figures , the car is butter smoth ,i didn't cross 90 barrier as its a new car . which verna u booked crdi or petrol mention .

Re: White Hyundai Verna Fluidic - Coming Soon!

that good even i get Verna without any waiting period or any initial booking , i just go to showroom look 3 verna sx varriants chose one from them get her home same day .

Thread Starter #7

That's really too lucky of you Shubham, its now 4-7 months waiting period on Verna 1.6 Diesel, which is really too painful. I think its very difficult to plan so ahead and then book a car and then wait for so long.
You got Diesel or Petrol version on same day?

diesel buddy , now days cant afford to have petrol one. you are from punjab ?

Thread Starter #9

Yeah Shubham! Check my location-Chandigarh/Ludhiana. How about you?

And when did you got your car? which month and location?

Awesome guys. Im booking a white 1.6 SX petrol this week. Please keep the thread updated with pics, add ons etc.

Thread Starter #11

Sid-Any specific reason to buy Petrol verna. Did you checked Honda City-since it has a new fresh price cut in last few days, so possibly it would fit into your budget well and after all its Honda!

Raman, advance congratulations for your new ride [:)]. Few questions out of curiosity:

1. Why did you not even consider Honda City as you already had owned a petrol car? Hope you know that maintainance cost is cheap with Honda.
From your suggestion to fellow member sid, i do understand that you are pretty impressed with City too. Was it because of Fluidic's diesel heart or any other reason?

2. What were your basic requirements apart from low ownership cost?

Cheers!

even i have a petrol, i loved hondas ivtec but somehow its design and less features did not gel with me. My monthly usage varies between 1000-1800 kms a month still petrol cause its smoother and refined leave the fuel costs maintaince front it had lesser parts than the diesel to replace every service and the diesel parts were kind of more.
will be keeping the car 3 years max. I dont break even the cost

Thread Starter #15

Trucity-I had been using Petrol Cars from more than 13 years now and first time i would be personally owning a diesel version. Only idea was since my traveling has increased to about 1500-2000km per month so overall cost pushed me to think about diesel car. We have 2 diesel cars in family and they looked to run cheaper in overall from petrol version. So that was primary reason to choose Diesel version.

Top Bottom